Race The Dread

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Lobo, Jun 25, 2013.

1. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

I'm no good with names, just reporting on what I saw.

How about : "Become Acquainted with the Dred" :p

Lobo likes this.
  2. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG] and this is my favorite suggestion on the Starbound Forums.

Jonesy, Lobo and IronLotus like this.
  3. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Holy shit.
    This...
    This would be perfect.

Lobo likes this.
  4. Nito

Nito Master Chief

I bet the Dread love RedRum :giggle: ha-ha. Love the pirate idea. I'd just love a ocean world plagued by hordes of pirates and sea creatures.

Lobo likes this.
  5. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ahoy! Amazing idea. Hope developers consider this feature-aarrrrrr

Lobo likes this.
  6. Mewbone

Mewbone Phantasmal Quasar

Yes this would be epic! :D But Pirates is not really a race I mean sure the hole ''undead skeletons'' thing is awesome but a like I said a Pirate is not really a race. For example then I could have Goblin assassins <-- The Goblin part ''Race'' The assassin part ''LifeStyle'' Get my point? But anyways I still like the idea c:

Lobo likes this.
  7. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

hm, you're right :geek:
    i guess my suggestion isn't a pirate race then...
    it's an undead/skeleton race with a pirate cultural reference, maybe? X3

8. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

This looks pretty awesome, you have my support.

renato1402 and Lobo like this.
  9. Mewbone

Mewbone Phantasmal Quasar

Haha :DD Yeah I'll buy that.

10. zanthal

zanthal Existential Complex

Dude, they must add this to Starbound in the name of awesome.

Lobo likes this.
  11. colorbeam

colorbeam Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really really like this. They could be like the Grox in Spore.

Lobo likes this.
  12. SamTheEpic

SamTheEpic Astral Cartographer

Do what you want cuz a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

renato1402 and Lobo like this.
  13. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the idea of a skeletal looking race and a race with pirate aesthetics, but the two together is just too cliche for Starbound. The races of starbound are all about being unexpected. Birds that mourn for their flightlessness, Apes that live in the most advanced society in the galaxy, Flowery creatures with a thirst for blood, Mankind finally reaching the stars but failing to overcome our own prejudices [Demanrisu has mentioned that most Humans feel that they're superior to the other races], Machines that are stuck in the past, and I don't even know what twist the Hylotl will have.

14. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

oh.... i didn't notice this "reverse" logic in the races and their cultures... :notworthy:
    Still, due to the lack of undeadness and pirates in starbound, i'd like to see my suggestion in-game X3
    and thx for the feedback :up:

15. Donseluke

Donseluke Phantasmal Quasar

Nice work, i am an undead man myself.

Lobo likes this.
  16. zanthal

Has it been mentioned whether there will be some kind of modification system to Starbound that would allow for this to be added to a server by the player base?

If not, can we get developer comment? :geek:

It just seems like a shame for something that appears to be so well thought out to be disallowed entirely.

17. zanthal

That's going to make for some crazy servers, ha ... and good news, glad to hear it.

18. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

hehe, at this point, i'm not very optimistic that the Dread will make into the vanilla, BUT i'm so hopeful that someone will help me implementing a mod to add them in the future! :giggle:
    my main problem is that i'm extremely out of time lately, helping my bro taking care of his business and also helping my mom. she's doing some tratments cause of a sore leg. nothing that serious but i can't let her alone, right? :)
    when i happen to have some free time, instead of implementing my idea, my extreme procrastination mode activates, and i play random games and sleep all the time :rolleyes:
    lol

ANYWAY tyall for the feedback :rofl:

19. Camera

Camera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are they "undead" through magic or through some kind of biological thing? Also it seems to me that the race sprites seem a bit too "healthy" (I expected the arms and legs to be a bit thinner)

Well the Hylotl are japanese fish people, so they'd probably be all about honor or something. Novakids are wandering stars, so theirs is probably about finding themselves but that's difficult because they are rather distant.

renato1402 likes this.
  20. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

Well, to be honest... they aren't exactly undead :rofl:
    i stated in OP that they are "skeletal beings", but they are as live as me and you! :)
    but since their appearance is based off of "undeads", i don't care calling them this way, just for lol

and about the sprites, yeah! they are supposed to be skinny and... well... skeletal looking, but i suck at making sprites! :lolwut:
    wanna help me on that?! :DD
    for real, i need help improving my idea!

CaptainMcManface likes this.