The DragonRiders

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by March7896, May 16, 2012.

1. March7896

March7896 Void-Bound Voyager

That's awesome! I'm planning on pre-ordering it soon.

2. Spellpawn9

Spellpawn9 Void-Bound Voyager

The clan is very quiet lately...

3. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

Race your interested in: Farfliers
    Why you want to join: I'm just slightly obsessed with dragons. Also, I'm looking for my Tameth, see below:

(My dragonriders based on Pern, not on Eragon, I hope that's no problem?)

M'ber and the Great Divide

M'ber dropped out of Between and plummeted down. A moment of disorientation was all she could afford before she realised that Tameth was not with her. Looking down she sighed in relief as the surface she was rapidly approaching turned out to be water. Self-preservation persevered and she twisted her body into a diving pose, Hands together, arms stretched downward to protect her head, and minimize the impact of her body on the waves below. The cold water enveloped her, swallowed her whole, though the cold was nothing compared to the icy chill of going Between.

Quickly she twisted her body, trying to divert her direction sideways instead of down, feeling little for breaking her neck on the bottom of this body of water. Luck was with her though, and she came to a stop with the bottom not even in sight. Immediately she began to swim up again. 10 large swim strokes further she seemed to be no closer to the surface. Panic started to get a hold on her, and her strokes became a
    bit more desperate. 20 strokes....30...

Her lungs felt like they would collapse any moment now. From how high up had she fallen to get this deep? The pressure on her ears was maddening, but finally the light above her seemed to get brighter and with a few more strokes she broke the surface. A few minutes were spent catching her breath.

The first thought after survival was for her dragon, her lovely blue Tameth. She had fled Between with him as some of the southern oldtimers had decided that she offended him. She suffered a hit to the head just as Tameth was going Between, causing her to lose her focus. For all it was worth, she should’ve stayed Between. Why did she drop out? Life really wasn’t worth living without Tameth.

But just as she was about to give up she noticed that his presence in her mind was not gone. The aching emptiness that was described by those who lost their dragon was missing, and in the back of her mind she still felt him. It was faint, yes, but he was still there. He was alive. He was ALIVE!

Her will to live, no her need to live flared up. She could not die. She would not die. For dying meant that her Tameth would also die, and she could never do that to him. She had to find him. But to do so, she would first need to know where she was.

Looking around for the first time, initially all she could see was water. Was this it? Had she survived a trip through Between alone only to drown in Perns vast oceans? No! She refused to accept this, Peering along the horizon she tried to decided which direction to swim. What would give her the best chance at survival?

Still trying to make up her mind as to what to do, a weird sound softly made itself heard amongst the splashing of water. It reminded her somewhat of a mosquito, albeit in a more even tone. It sounded deeper too, and very loud as it seemed to be a vast distance away.

Peering into the direction the noise seemed to come from, she squinted her eyes against the overly bright blue sky. The sky seemed to have the wrong color, but M’ber subscribed this to her own addled senses from the fall she took. Out of the blue a dot appeared against the sky. Was it a dragon? Quickly she discarded that idea. The line it made against the horizon was way too straight for it to be a dragon, and it seemed to be leaving behind a trail of white smoke. Besides, no dragon she had ever heard made sounds like that.

For a brief moment she considered that who or whatever was coming her way might not be friendly. It wouldn’t matter though. Even if they were not friendly, they were her best chance of survival at the moment, her best chance of being reunited with Tameth.
    As it came closer it turned out to be a flying ship of some sort. Though how they had managed to find enough metal to make a ship like that, and how they managed to get such a heavy contraption off the ground was beyond her. She looked up worriedly as the thing hovered above her, half fearing it would stop functioning and crash right on top of her.

A panel on the side of the contraption slid open, and a rope ladder was extended from it.as soon as it was within reach she grabbed for it. She’d only been swimming for about 15 minutes, but as her rescue was in sight, the adrenaline left her body and she could feel all too well the weariness from her impromptu swim. She hoisted herself up the ladder, and climbed up.

A young woman wearing a weird and bulky orange vest like thing around her neck guided her in. The ladder was pulled in as well, and the panel slid shut. The noise which was almost overwhelming when she was outside was completely shut out.

“Sme ne tren di kavel?” the woman asked her, as she led M’ber to a seat. “What? I’m sorry, I have no idea what you are saying!” M’ber replied. The woman’s face got a look of understanding for a second as she reached behind her

She got a jar with fluid from one of the bags, put her hand in it and brought it to M’bers ear. Before she realised what the woman did it felt like something slithered down my ear. For a moment it felt really odd and then it felt like there was nothing in her ear at all.

“Mwam A pwut in your ear is known as the bablefish. It feeds on brainwaves and passes them on to you directly. As it passes on the basic thought patterns, it removes any language barrier in existence. Mind bogglingly useful! Now lets try again. Who are you and how did you appear right here in the middle of the ocean?”

“My name’s M’ber and I got lost Between when I somehow got seperated from Tameth.” M’ber started to explain. The woman held up her hand for M’ber to stop, laughing a beautiful smile. “Hold on a sec there hun, Amber you said? My name’s Jeska” not waiting for M’bers reply she continued, “What’s this ‘Between’ you speak of? You make no sense.”

Confused at such a common notion as Between being unknown to this woman she did a double take. Devices like these were unknown on Pern.. at least in her time. Did she somehow follow Lessa’s example and go Between times?

“Between is where we go when we travel instantly from one place or time to another. It’s a place of nothing, of cold, of being nowhere. How do you not know this. Anyone on Pern knows this. When am I?” she asked.

“Pern? This isn’t Pern Amber, this is Earth, and as for when? You say you can travel through time? It’s 1250 after FC, which stands for First Contact, the time we first met people from other worlds and started trading with those worlds. But I doubt that would mean much to you, as I don’t believe you originate from this planet.”

“It’s M’ber, not Amber” M’ber replied. Jeska looked confused for a moment. “Wasn’t that what I said?” M’ber shrugged. It was close enough, and it didn’t really matter. The contraction would make sense again when she had her dragon back.

“Not Pern? That could explain why I only feel Tameth’s presence, but not his actual feelings or thoughts.” M’ber muttered. “Who is this Tameth you are speaking of Amber?”

“Tameth is my dragon, i impressed on him 11 turns ago. I need to find him again, but I doubt he’s on this planet. On Pern I could sense him anywhere on the planet. How do I go about looking for him?”

“A... A dragon? Oh my.. And looking for him would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. But.. you can feel him you say? If you come close enough... yes.. you might be able to find him that way..You could try the Starbound project.”

And from there, the rest is history

4. March7896

Hello everybody that's still watching this thread. I'm sorry for being so quiet lately, I haven't had internet for a year. I'll try to rekindle this clan. Hopefully I haven't let it die out completely.

5. March7896

You did a great job with your application! If you're still wanting to join the clan, you're definitely in!

6. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

I' still watching.

7. logan5557

logan5557 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hello, here like always

8. March7896

Thanks guys, I thought for sure this thing had died... Well, I'm back for the time being, and should stay on for a long while. We now have a constant internet provider! So, I should be able to keep up with this, if you guys are still with me.

9. logan5557

yup, BTW beta is fun

10. March7896

I know! I have gotten it, and it's amazing!
    We are going to have to get on a server some time, all of us.

11. logan5557

ya, and char wiped is soon :rofl:

12. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Holy crap this thing is still around? :O

13. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Everything is turning back up now that the beta is here. Darthkitten's Cerpine are back up too.

14. March7896

Any ideas on what to do with this thread?

15. Spellpawn9

Spellpawn9 Void-Bound Voyager

So... I just realised the clan wasn't dead.... I really need to check the forums more :p

So what wierd stuff have you guys discovered while exploring? So far I have come across: a frog man who sold me a load of bombs, a huge pyramid made of pressurised steel and had matter blocks in it, mushroom people, planets which insides were made of flesh blocks and bone blocks (I thought the planets could have been some kind of giant monster (which would be awesome)) and an Avian tomb which contained a strange amount of rabbit statues. And I'm only in the fourth tier :D

16. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Nothing interesting so far. Starbound is boring when you have a shit ton of mods installed.