1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The "Does Anyone Else Do This?" Thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Timing and little tricks, like remembering to dash from the switch so you can get through the doors, waiting for the cryo beams to turn off and then spamming dash as much as possible instead of normal walking, etc.

It really isn't that hard, in fact the 2nd cryo section (the big one) I usually finish with almost half the time remaining. The first cryo section is actually more close.

But yes, Dash. Dash Everywhere.

EDIT: Also, the cryobeams are set up in such a way with a specific timing that if you dash through the first one JUST after it turns off, you should arrive at the next JUST a second before it turns off, and that should continue the whole way through. If you're arriving at a beam and its on for several seconds you missed a dash and you're falling behind.

2. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh man! I made an entire colony that is a stranded spaceship and a station!

LittleWasp likes this.
  3. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I do this with my bladetree farm and my geode tree farm.

4. voiditect

does anyone download nightmare levels of mods?

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I always plant my trees as close as possible to maximise space. I've only used one kind of tree so far, though.

6. Mr T

Mr T Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone try to rebuild earth on another suitable planet?

7. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Does anyone else fully explore a planet's surface and then leave, forgetting to dig down for ores and such?

Mr T, Toporonin and Tamorr like this.
  8. voiditect

yeah

9. real cheese

real cheese Void-Bound Voyager

does anyone else mine away all of a planet except for a 1 tile deep road along the surface of the core lava and when they finish shout at the top of their lungs "I AM GALACTUS!!!"?

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

To be honest, unless you're after ores, there is sadly very little reason to ever go into a planet. And even if you want ores, chances are you can find a decent amount of ores in surface chests anyways.

This is, of course, unless you're running FrackinUniverse, then you kinda need to dig down to get the FU ores, but you usually go to the planet with that in mind.

A lot of times I'll orbit a random planet and beam down just looking for chests or anything else I can nick off the surface and then go. In fact, sometimes if I see a whole cluster of gentle stars, I'll nick all the desert/forest/lush worlds (lush worlds are awesome because of the mines on the surface, lol). A great way to get lots of manipulator modules and upgrade modules, especially early-game, is to visit a bunch of Forest/Lush Worlds and check every container you see on the surface.

The problem with digging down into the planet, is that it is just too darn slow, especially early-game. A 2x2 manipulator with 0 or 1 power generator upgrades takes forever to mine out tunnels, and most of the time, you can go quite a distance between seeing containers in the underground of a planet, unless you find those copper girder structures down near the core, but not every planet has them. If you do find them though, that's a LOT of copper crates, lol.

And don't forget to bow/spear the walking volcano enemies for their Scorched Cores....

Zetamax likes this.
  11. Zetamax

Zetamax Void-Bound Voyager

I'm a compact farmer, ninja looter and gear hoarder. My son and I play together on a LAN server and our homebase has a four story basement packed full of storage lockers with everything we find stored in them (to the point that we recently printed signs and categorised them so we could find stuff when we wanted).

Among all the things that i do do, one thing I haven't done is explore the pet table (just the capture pods you get from the missions, i didn't even know you could make leashes). A Zoo! I am totally going to make myself a zoo. Thanks for the inspiration people.

Tamorr likes this.
  12. missHPfan2

missHPfan2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does anyone else build a "staff room" on their ship for their crew? I did that with my Novakid, and my crew members were flocking to it before it was even finished! It had 3 levels and was built in the tallest room. It had an area to cook, store, or buy food (vending machines, microwave, fridge), a seating area above with tables and chairs, and the top had a full set of bunks.

Mr T and Zetamax like this.