The Demon Syndicate

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan TDS, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squidgi

Squidgi Oxygen Tank

Uh
    Cony attack?
    Correct
    You did say you were leaving but I kept you around, one does not simply leave TDS
    You also do not have to roleplay in the rp thread but if you feel like it again that would be cool

2. Squidgi

Squidgi Oxygen Tank

Oh yeah guys, I'm switching up the day timer
    The weather will change Sunday night or Monday morning
    So Sunday night is when characters go sleepy

Blackleaf likes this.
  3. Dende

Dende Giant Laser Beams

So, did we ever get that server up for Terraria?

4. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2!
    1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2! 1.2!

5. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Graphical update with no new endgame content! Graphical update with no new endgame content! Graphical update with no new endgame content! Graphical update with no new endgame content! Graphical update with no new endgame content! Graphical update with no new endgame content! Graphical update with no new endgame content! Graphical update with no new endgame content!

Britefire likes this.
  6. Dende

Dende Giant Laser Beams

So... the addition of new Hardmode Bosses of Plantera and Golem, the new Jungle Dungeon Hardmode which s new Endgame content, the new Hardmode Dungeon which has stronger mobs, the new Hardmode Jungle spawns, the Hell Overchange to make Hell Harder in normal, isn't new End game content?

Literally non Hardmode servers had their end game content changed and made harder, new furniture in All the Dungeons, new bricks, new decorations. Patch did a crap ton.

It wasn't just 'prettier graphics' updates. They added in 2 new boses for non hardmode, Queen Bee and Brain of Cthulu ((Crimson's EoW)) and added in tons of new mechnics including weapon imbuement, Cannons, Alternate Ores ((Kinda pointless outside of praying you get Platinum + Crimson World as none of the alternates is end tier))

Not to mention 2 new End Game Ores.

CaptainMcManface likes this.
  7. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

Get 'im, Dende, get 'im!
    Anyway, I'd be happy if the new update was just weather and the Flare Gun. This has exceeded everything.

8. Guppy The Cat

Guppy The Cat Heliosphere

There are people who dont know about that thing. Put a spoiler in there. I know about it becausse I spoilered myself but not exactly everyone needs to

9. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

!
    I am still alive!
    Terarria 1.2....
    So much...
    So much...

10. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Yes and Hallow is still the best tier.
    Plantera isnt difficult.
    The queen bee and cthulhu brain are both prehardmode bosses.

11. Dende

Dende Giant Laser Beams

Hallow is actually not the best tier anymore. Thanks for playing. Turtle Armor has over 15 more defense and gives thorn, unlike melee hollow. Play the patch before you rip on it.

12. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Alright i correct myself.
    The wiki hadnt actuly been updated with the new items.
    So yes im sorta wrong since i havnt played Terraria 1.2 yet and i cant find an all items map.

Still. Majorly graphical update. No new "Realm" like the main game scales from Surface to cave to corruption to hell to hallow.
    Jut a tiny boost in new endgame tiers.

13. Dende

Dende Giant Laser Beams

No New Realm?

Besides for the New Jungle Dungeon? Besides fro the major Hell Re-vamp? Besides for the fact Dungeon is now usefull in hardmode as literally it holds chests with ultimate final tier items that you have to get keys from from across the world, such as during the Vampire Eclipse, from teh Frost Knight mini boss, from PLantera or Golem? Hate to break it.. reason theres no all items map, is cus no one has taken the time to 100% get all the items yet. And with the update, hack clients dont' have people knowing where everything is.
    yes, the world got a major graphical update which was nice.

Blocks got Major style changing, and they added in A LOT for builders who wanted to make more detailed and beautiful worlds. Actuators and Teleporters to expand wiring powers. 3 colors of wires. For a Free Update, thats nto bad. All the content added is balanced, so its not "oh, some one made server hardmode, everyone is now 100% screwed if you aren't in dungeon + gear with hell loot already."

Your major point was "No new endgame content." Yet, 2 new end game bosses. Major new end game events. New End game location, bringing value to end game by making Hardmode Jungle and hardmode normal Jungle, which is adding more htan just "Go corruption and Hallow".

So, they not only got early game content ((En masse, there are even new traps underground such as Mimic traps... Yes, he coded in for random Mimic or Skeleton traps!)) but they also got major new endgame content.

14. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Yep but its nothing new on the level of scaling. Surface-Cave-Corruption-Dungeon-Hell-Hardmode-Hallow is the normal.
    I rather doubt that the new dungeon and new jungle is anything this major.
    I cant get 1.2 to run anyway so i cant try them.

15. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Also i looked up the new items.
    Making me go on a fetch quest just to get better items isnt worth it. I dont care if the *Spoilers* is *Spoilers* times better than Excalibur.

16. Dende

Dende Giant Laser Beams

So... you doubt the progression changed...

By that logic 1.1 didn't change progression. You went Surface, underground, corruption, dungeon hell.
    Then you went Surface underground hollow corruption.
    You never needed to visit jungle. Heck, to be honest, you didn't need dungeon gear to even do hell. so now, they more incentive in prehardmode jungle, and made all the regions have a purpose in hardmode.

Of course, if you want progression to change... then the very concept of progression being based on going from one region to another kinda makes it impossible for that kind of progression to change. Terraria isn't going to be able to do progression by when you get good enough, go to whole new harder planet to explore.

And as far as how major the changes to the two regions are... They were about as major as the changes Hardmode made to the Underground or the Corruption.

17. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

Don't forget the ice biome

18. Dende

Dende Giant Laser Beams

Oh an unrelated to terraria note...
    Is Muse, my tainted jester accepted?

19. Mailboxhead

Mailboxhead Master Astronaut

Threads kinda slow today
    Terraria: 1.2
    Starbound Forums: 0