1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed The boss shot invisible laser

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by commonuser, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. commonuser

commonuser Void-Bound Voyager

As you know, the boss in 1st mission shot laser.
    But in 3rd phase, I hit by laser even I far from laser.
    yep, the invisible laser attack my character.
    I'm not sure it happened after patch, but I complete this mission before patch.

2. welat

welat Aquatic Astronaut

I am having the same issue, I can't finish the quest. I have tried it 15 times already.

3. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Can confirm that boss laser at 3rd stage is out of sync. Seems to hit before actual visual. And I can walk through the visible laser.

4. waterskierboy

waterskierboy Aquatic Astronaut

Same problem. Died on the same place(Right side top switch), on the third phase, multiple times when no laser is present..

5. Mills

Mills Phantasmal Quasar

I was just going to post about this. I'm having the same problem as well. I can't go any farther in game with this bug being there.

6. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

I also had the same problem. Died the first time because of it on the third stage which really pissed me off.
    Beat it the second time around by bandage spamming and running in circles. Almost died a few times.

Yeah, major bug here...

7. Jezla

Jezla Void-Bound Voyager

I also seem to have this problem. I keep getting hit while my character is up on the platforms when the lasers are nowhere near.

8. Abadah

Abadah Aquatic Astronaut

There's a safespot on the smaller of the platforms on the sides where the lasers almost meet. Stand there and wait for them to disappear, taking care of flesh monsters as you can, and boost your way up each side to turn the cannon on. You should be able to finish the boss that way rather easily, then just cut down the remaining flesh men.

9. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Same issue here, I jump on the left side platforms when the lasers start going up and down the boss and get instagibbed by an invisible force. I already ran through that mission four times so I'll wait until this gets fixed. Being stuck with a broken FTL drive kinda sucks though.

10. Sm00thJa22

Sm00thJa22 Aquatic Astronaut

Yes, this happened to me too, and i have found a workaround.

What is happening is that when the beams come together vertically (to form a tall, narrow X shape) the wrong animation plays and shows them coming together horizontally. Likewise, when the beams come together horizontally (to form a wide, flat X shape) the wrong animation plays and shows them coming together vertically. Just remember that the way the beams appear to be moving, and the way they are actually moving is switched. After taking that into account i was able to beat the boss.

Workaround aside, this is a very annoying bug at the end of a long dungeon that gets very tedious after even the first time through. This needs to be fixed.

welat likes this.
  11. welat

welat Aquatic Astronaut

sm00thJa22 thank you for the trick :D I beat the boss on my first try. really, thank you.

12. littlenogin

littlenogin Space Hobo

well im a broken person now
    my hardcore run, bc im some form of masochist i guess, just ended not bc of player fault, but game fault
    Hours lost due to an invisible laser... :(
    maybe ill save the hardcore runs until games released properly xD

Luce and welat like this.
  13. Conall

Conall Tentacle Wrangler

Yes, this exactly. Please. I bought this game for a girl and now she hates me. I know it's beta, but GG, Chucklefish... This is one major bug for a stable version.

Dogeshiba and Luce like this.
  14. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Pangalactic Porcupine

15. turtle5204

turtle5204 Void-Bound Voyager

16. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.