1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. SaitaM

SaitaM Subatomic Cosmonaut

Also bumped in on em the first day I tried Furious Koala!

Nasty buggers couldn't even understand me :rofl:

[​IMG]

2. Mythekos

Mythekos Big Damn Hero

Ooooo buuurn. I don't think they'll take too kindly to that transmission.

LastDay likes this.
  3. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

They are my favourite race right now. Agarans should learn Hylotls what to do with Florans :D

4. LatisARG

LatisARG Space Spelunker

Devs can put them as a playable race in finished game maybe?
    xD

i want to be the mushroom that conquers universe! MAUHAUAHUAHAUHAUHAUAHUAHAUAHUAHUAHAUHAUAH

OK, enought :p

5. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

What if Agarans grow on Florans? Dun dun dun!

SirKaldar likes this.
  6. CoxTH

CoxTH Space Penguin Leader

Hm, I encountered some a while ago, but I didn't attack them since they didn't seem to be aggressive towards me. One even sold some guns to me.
    I guess I'll disinfect my armor right now, don't want to come in contact with any brain controlling spores or
    something like that.

7. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

I mean, let's assume the reason the agarans are imprisoning the florans is so the florans will waste away so the agarans can absorb the nutrients from the refuse, as normal fungi do. It'd make sense that the agarans would find po equally as tasty, assuming they're related to pilobolus.

SirKaldar likes this.
  8. Cyberguy64

Cyberguy64 Pangalactic Porcupine

I like finding Agarian villiages, because their little Mushroom Mobs are so cute to catch as pets.

On the other hand, it is worrisome that they're abducting Florans for unknown reasons. (Although considering how dangerous and violent Florans can be, I can't entirely blame them for keeping them locked up.)

Faeryheart and Hazmat like this.
  9. lordfirefox

lordfirefox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mushrooms eh? Looks like it's time to send in the Badgers.

10. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm, this is what Starbounder has to say on them:
    Does anyone know what the source of this info is?
    (It'd be neat if it were true, considering my earlier post. :D)

LastDay and SirKaldar like this.
  11. NomekSan

NomekSan Void-Bound Voyager

SirKaldar, Jaygetsu and Faeryheart like this.
  12. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd say we just don't know enough about these guys yet. I've been playing as a boring ol' human, and there's definitely race-specific text the Agarans will say depending on who you are. One of the comments included 'nab fry', yet another one included 'tentasmash' as if almost in sympathy or understanding. These things know that tentacles more or less wiped out Earth despite most likely never having been there, which could say any number of things about them. Maybe they learned it offhand, maybe they have some connection to the tentacles themselves. Or maybe they're just survivors of a tentacle attack of their own so they know what it's like to lose their home to those things. I mean, I've never seen them hold a human NPC hostage so far and tentacles are by far not restricted to just Earth.

It's too early to pass judgement on them just yet, but decontamination procedures should be taken into consideration. Assuming teleportation doesn't shake the spores off already.

Bejamin likes this.
  13. Casia

Casia Subatomic Cosmonaut

That is the implication I get. Capturing florans. the floran "tech".

SirKaldar likes this.
  14. Mood

Mood Big Damn Hero

15. locustgate

locustgate Big Damn Hero

They are nothing more than another race of xenos and must be purged from the galaxy!

REMEMBER EARTH!

Ketoth likes this.
  16. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

WHO?

LastDay likes this.
  17. Doctor Devil

Doctor Devil Big Damn Hero

I don't see a problem with Agarans. They've got nice hats. That's the only thing that matters in the univers now-a-days, right?

18. DurandalJT

DurandalJT Void-Bound Voyager

I've ran into several colonies, but two on a class 8 planet in the X sector:

X:-53849304 Y:-58890396

X Delta Cen 498 IIa
    Both settlements were peaceful to me but attempted to cull any local wildlife, hostile or docile. I used my optical implants to freeze a frame of my passing through:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last image was snapped when I was in the Beta sector, where one of their settlements had been flooded with lava (it did not solidify when I attempted to vent it from the settlement). Oddly, the Agarans were attempting to remain inside the settlement despite burning alive.
    [​IMG]

Deathmask00 likes this.
  19. PurplePhoenix

PurplePhoenix Aquatic Astronaut

I also encountered a hostile contingent of these creatures. The majority I have otherwise encountered have been merchants, but on this planet they seem to be terrorising Florans. The unfortunate in the attached picture was unfortunately burnt shortly after, but I have also found multiple small campfires surrounded by the Floran, seeming cowering from the Agaran invaders.

Mushroom.jpg

For those interested, the Planet is X Omega Vir 013 IV a, at -65548962, -59506875

20. Kahvi

Kahvi Phantasmal Quasar

Most of the ones I've seen were peaceful

Floran prissonersss admit to badbad being held becaussse of it. Think might be agreement with floran prissssonsss. Like Human Russiansss and Sssiberian essskimos humansss. If floran can break out of prissson then Agaran capture, get paid for return.

That's... actually a pretty good observation there... Didn't know you had it in ya, Basil.

Basssil watch, Basssil learn. Ssso can hunt better, sssafer, and with more honor.

Bejamin and SirKaldar like this.