1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The ability to import/export animals, plants or sentient beings?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Spike, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike

Spike Supernova

In starbound, you can capture and tame wild monsters. However, can you export/import several monsters/plants/intelligent beings to a planet, and have them repopulate said planet? If the beings are indeed intelligent, would you have to option of persuading them to come with you, bribe them or take them by force?

2. Spectralysis

Spectralysis Void-Bound Voyager

I feel like you would need to teraform a planet before bringing invasive species to it because let's say I found some penguins on an icy planet on the far reaches of my star system, I don't think they'd survive if we moved them to a planet with ground temperatures of 200 degrees farenheight

3. Ketra

Ketra Starship Captain

Ya that would be cool kinda like in spore

4. xXSunSlayerXx

xXSunSlayerXx Cosmic Narwhal

i approve of this idea. not only terraforming, but also altering the local fauna and flora should be an option to make your homeplanet fit your taste.

5. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

It has been said we can move life forms, both plant and animal, to other planets. It's the aspect I look forward to most about Starbound.

6. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Saturate your homeworld with only the most horribly difficult end-game creatures, OH BOY THIS GON BE GOOD

7. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

*In multiplayer* Saturate someone else's homeworld with only the most horribly difficult end-game creatures!

xXSunSlayerXx likes this.
  8. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Suddently Eater of Worlds, Eyes of Cthulhu and Skeletrons spawning like Slimes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.