RELEASED Tego's Stardew Expansion

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by tegobash, Apr 8, 2016.

?

Which farm version you use?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2016.
  1. Standard Tego's farm

66.7%
  2. Lakes moved version

11.6%
  3. Lakes moved with fence around the farm

21.7%
  1. Akibyo

Akibyo Space Hobo

FML i installed the 1.0.2 but i think i need a guide or something it still dont work :SSS
    Btw its the first time i mod in Stardew Valley :O Minecraft were much easier :rofl:

• XDraconisX

XDraconisX Poptop Tamer

Here is a video I made beforehand on how to install tego's stardew expansion.

Hope it helps you out :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

* pokes @tegobash *
        I havent heard any grumbles from you today, does that mean you're making progress understanding ALL the new awesomes? :p

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

New version for the new version of ALL? I haven't noticed any problems so far but saw it pop up in the console.

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

I've got my finals now. Unfortunately everything has to wait a week or so.

Inalleon, lannihamm and Androxilogin like this.
            • Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Good luck on them!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Since tego only needs to do some minor changes to port 0.9.6 to ALL 1.1, I'm going to work on doing so myself, that way tego has all the time he needs to add new content.

BlankSlater likes this.
                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ok, I've managed to make the manifest changes needed in order for the latest RELEASED version of TSE to work with ALL 1.1
                  Keep in mind that I did not fix any bugs in the maps themselves, just made the mod work with newer ALL versions.

This mod remains the sole property of tegobash, I have simply made it compatible with a newer ALL version since tegobash currently does not have the time to do so himself!

Edit: Note that this requires the version of ALL I only just released (1.1.3) as I discovered a bug in ALL while doing the port, and 1.1.3 fixes that bug. :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
                    Coolwyngs, psyjester, foghorn and 5 others like this.
                  • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

i am a simple woman but knows what she wants, while i admire all of the new zones, i don't really need them as i don't forge much.

i know you said no to inquiries about this already, but hopefully you may change your mind?

please please, just make a version with your large farm.xnb that is pretty and landscaped with straight cliff edges and clean grass plots, remove that ugly, vanilla, phallic lake opening on the right

(similar to the WFL optional .xnb base map we provided and the general theme and layout be brought down to your custom area)

Also options to go with or without of your cellar.xnb (or have a new outside tiles for it)

whenever you can meet this unique request would be sick, particularly because jinx has made some of our map mods compatible with yours too.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
                    • Androxilogin

Sorry to bother you again, but once I updated ALL and this quick Tego fix I can't enter my greenhouse. Also, thank you for taking the time to help out.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is peculiar, does ALL in debug mode report that it has overridden the greenhouse tile action properly?

• Androxilogin

Yes, The warp location has been overridden.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
                          • tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

Hi guys! First - big thanks Entoarox for making that changes, I really have no time at all now. Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow morning, I have my arabic final exam.

Unfortunately, no, I won't change my mind. If you don't like the additions, you don't have to use them. I have actually a lot of unnecessary work with making two versions of my farm map (since tIDE doesn't support tile copying), I don't want to add anything else. There are other farm expanding mod.

BUT the new version will focus on two things. Firtsly, I am reworking completely Aspen Grove to be bigger, nicer and less empty. In the future it's going to be a slime-fighting zone like Secret Forest.
                            Secondly, there is going to be a purchasable farm expansion with a winery. I'm gonna upload a pic soon.

psyjester, Cider, Inalleon and 2 others like this.
                            • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Fair enough, and I get the work is super intense. I bet as so for studying arabic.

But, just thought I would ask. .___. I didn't mean to annoy you by asking. It kinda sounded really as such in the reply.

You have to admit Jinx's ingeniousness to accommodate for yours though. I just thought I would ask in retrospect of that if there was an ALL way to work around it. Guess not. But the new updates sounds interesting.

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Question, what if a another person worked on a version that's just the farm? Would that be cool with you?

taintedwheat likes this.
                                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Let me have a look at it from my side and get back to you then, obviously something weird is going on.

Edit: I've been trying it out, and the greenhouse works perfectly for me, are you using a custom greenhouse by any chance?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
                                    Androxilogin likes this.
                                  • tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

Sorry, didn't intend to be rude.

I'd prefer not. Right from the beggining my mod's been designed to be a Stardew expansion, not a farm expansion. And even though I cannot do everything I'd want to do - purchasable aspen saplings, slime arena in the aspen grove, new characters with cutscenes and a background story - the mod is still much more than a farm expansion.
                                    I don't quite understand why some people are so bothered with two extra exits from the farm. Noone has to use it, noone has to visit any other area than farm. You can even build a fence to prevent yourself for going there :D

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

orange: Going to have to wait for FarmHand
                                      green: The goal for ALL 1.2, although the cutscenes might have to wait for ALL 1.3/1.4 depending on how complex the NPC system itself is going to be.

Inalleon and lannihamm like this.
                                      • tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

*Both going to have to wait for me learning how to actually do something like that :D

Inalleon likes this.
                                        • Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

...I fear for my already heavily tree-populated farm if you give me more trees to grow xD