WIP 'Teens' to Mid to Late 20's [Elliot Added]

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by elyneara, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will we be getting the touchups for Seb's sprite too? To fix the typing errors? :)

• elsbcore

elsbcore Aquatic Astronaut

Sam reminds me of Loke (Leo) from Fairy Tail. :3

• elyneara

elyneara Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to have these done before overworld sprites, I found myself with downtime while away from my main computer so I didn't have the proper sprite sheets handy. In the meantime: Here are concepts for Harvey and Abigail:

Abigail with Full purple hair and Part-dyed Purple bangs
        [​IMG] [​IMG]

Harvey with Modern Glasses and With Aviators as suggested

[​IMG] [​IMG]

These are just concepts right now, Harvey in particular is not in line with SDV style as closely as I want. I re-drew too much of him.

@Jokerine - I really like him with that cleaned up jacket! Is that something you made? If so, could I have the xnb so I can put it up for download?

Also yes, I plan to fix all the overworld sprites this weekend, including Sebastian

@lannihamm - I tried working on Alex and couldnt figure out what direction to go in. What kind of stuff are you into? Glasses? Piercings? Facial hair? What's special about Alex that I can incorporate into the re-draw?

Drogean, Ankou and SundayLion like this.
        • Jokerine

I'd be happy to share! As I said it's just Virus plus the vanilla blue jacket. I also edited the hair color just a smidge so it would match the overworld sprite a bit better.

Additionally, if you want it I also put together a version of Seb without the glasses and edited the overworld sprite you made to remove the glasses too. I've included them in the package.

Thanks again for this! I'm just glad to be rid of Sam's ridiculous 'do :p

Attached Files:

lannihamm likes this.
          • Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Those sprites are looking good! I especially like Abby's black hair. Harvey's lookin' better too, more like the mature one out of the lot that he's supposed to be.

I personally am using Sam right now, though I edited him; made him a brunette, and removed his hair "spikes", making him look a little more to my tastes. I also changed his overworld sprite to fit with the new hair, shirt, and jacket. I can share if you'd like, it's always nice to have more options, but if you'd prefer your work not be publicly edited, I can keep it to myself. c:

• Jokerine

Sorry for spamming the thread, but I also took the time to add glasses to Sam's default overworld sprites so they would match the Virus edit I upped earlier. Attached them to the post if you want them, too :)

Attached Files:

• Tucumcari

Tucumcari Space Penguin Leader

Looks amazing! Keep up the good work, this is the first portrait mod I may actually end up using. Anything to fix Sam's Goku mullette :p

• elyneara

@Raijyn I would love to see your edits, please post them! I am fine with my work being edited.

@Jokerine I added your sebastian edits with credit to you to the main post. I like your Sam edits a lot and once I get the Overworld sprite hair looking better I'll post your variant of him too :3 I really like the clean blue jacket. Keep spamming the thread if it means posting more fun edits :rofl:

• Jokerine

Maru looks flippin' awesome! I love these! Keep 'em coming! :)

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

@elyneara that's what I'm not really sure about. his backstory is pretty straight-forward (verbally abusive drunk dad left him and his mom, mom got sick and died, alex moved in with his grandparents), and besides gridball, the only other thing he mentions an interest in is philosophy. I personally like some facial hair and/or glasses, but I don't know how that would fit on Alex o:

• MrIce

MrIce Subatomic Cosmonaut

how does you edit the sprites?

• Epitome

Epitome Void-Bound Voyager

Ohmygosh, that Maru and Seb are perfect. You did a great job on her hair. c: That Abigail is also ridiculously attractive and I am 100% installing her as soon as she's released, gosh.

I think what's off about that Harvey is that he looks a little...beady eyed, might be the right word for it? The grey in the hair is definitely a step in the right direction, but I feel like he should be less 'stern father figure', more 'kinda dorky professor'.

• Missus

Missus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maru is SO cute! Yoink! >3 <3

• Ankou

Ankou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love your Abby and Harvey wips, as well as what you've already done. I use all your sprites and look forward to adding any more you might make as well!

I'd also like to see your take on Alex, your style is amazing and it's really hard to find good non-anime edits of him.
                              His appearance in game really bothers me. From what I can tell his character is someone who peaked in high school... which really only works if he looks old enough to have graduated from high school and failed to move on.

• Tucumcari

Tucumcari Space Penguin Leader

I downloaded and installed the Sebastian sprite and portrait a few days ago, I assume I need to replace it to fix the typing issue?

EDIT: Nevermind, computer crashed so I had to redownload all my mods anyway ):

Also yoinked Sam's portrait, can't wait for the sprite!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
                                • Providentia

Providentia Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, man! I already had a hard enough time picking between Sam or Sebastian. This doesn't help! <3

• Sarah_Kixira

Sarah_Kixira Void-Bound Voyager

I LOVE these edits, your Seb is ADORABLE, I am just about to add him. And Maru's hair is gorgeous, you did an amazing job! I was wondering if you had any plans to edit Elliot? I so far kind of like his personality but his suuuuuuper long hair and Fabio look is killing me.

• blwonderland

blwonderland Void-Bound Voyager

Whew, seb and sam looks good in glasses. Sam also looks so proper in suit.

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm so utterly in love with Sam!
                                        These are seriously nice. It always bothered me how child-like some of the bachelors were.

Are you still working on this mod? There hasn't been an update in a while and I'd really like to see more of it.

Sarah_Kixira likes this.
                                        • elyneara

I am still working on this, just slowly. It's a really busy time of the year for me and I favored playing Stardew Valley over working on edits :)

Ankou and lannihamm like this.