team dynamic

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Cliff Racer, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Platipus

Platipus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It, it, it, could be like mario! All shall be betrayed and thrown into lava mwuaahahaha

2. pyromancerLaurentius

pyromancerLaurentius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This idea is great! I 100% support this.

3. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

I like this idea, although I think it would be better if the other person throws a rope down the ledge for you, so you could climb up. Because let's admit it, it wouldn't be much used for only one block higher when you could very quickly use another block to get yourself up.

Imagine the rope's reach starts as 4 blocks down in length. Then you could upgrade the rope to reach longer.

4. Tester383

Tester383 Zero Gravity Genie

This would be a great feature have, might be a challenge to make but I think it would certainly benefit in the end.

5. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Phantasmal Quasar

Hardly! If anything having a gesture to indicate that you want your companion to perform a specific would only provide a better means of communication.

Great idea though, I love it.

6. Candide

Candide Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think that this is a great idea. It would also be especially neat in like, pvp fortress raids. People hefting each other up to scale walls and get on the roof or over fences.

EDIT: I think that a rope tool would be great with this. Someone could get on the roof and lay down the rope after tying it to a pipe or post or something, or they could hold it. And then people at the bottom could climb up.

EDIT EDIT: I like the idea of having a team mate on your shoulders, firing a gun while you run around or something.

7. Fleder

Fleder Pangalactic Porcupine

Good idea! make it so :)

8. Tehpootisman

Tehpootisman Void-Bound Voyager

Like the idea.
    This would be very useful for getting your friends out of a pit.

But what if even with stacking only the person with the Pulse jump tech could get out?

Maybe like items that you could use to pull them out?
    Like a maybe a rope and pulley, with a handle other people can grab on to, and you pull them out wih it.

And maybe just for the fun, hold on to players using a grapple/climbing rope.