Notice Supporting Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Tiy, Jun 16, 2012.

?

Does this sound like a good idea to you?

1. Yes

1,550 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Maybe

199 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stchurdak

Stchurdak Orbital Explorer

Yes, just yes. To both ideas of course.

2. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Then you buy the game anyway, and it's a bonus on top of donating to the developers.

3. That's what I would suggest. If you don't like the game, maybe a friend of yours will.

Scarysnake and Starheaven07 like this.
  4. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

I didn't read everything so I don't know if this has already been suggested but I think a model similar to Minecraft would be better, players paying for an earlier version of the game as soon as one is ready to be played, I know I would pay for that.

5. TheFacelessOne

TheFacelessOne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That fish Sprite.... Me Likey! WooHoo!

6. Hap818

Hap818 Pangalactic Porcupine

The game will have a fixed price what if someone wants donate more or less and also the game will probably be a download and take up space n the computer and then even if you were gonna give it to a friend that would be to much work when all you would have to do is click a donate button and just give money.

I<3Terraria likes this.
  7. greatorder

greatorder Void-Bound Voyager

keep the fish rain, maybe a rare random event. it's too good to pass up!

EDIT: also, for your conscience, imagine that someone simply wants to buy your gratitude, and haggle upwards a lot.

8. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

So wait, if I give you money threw this , would I get any of the games (starbound when it's out, or the other game) even if based on how much I give?

Or is it just to be nice.

It isn't quite clear

9. Hap818

Hap818 Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe we could pre-order Starbound?

I<3Terraria, Samuel, sroag and 2 others like this.
  10. We get a game and get to support Starbound? :DD
    You guys are too good to us. :lolwut:

sroag, Starheaven07 and Epicface like this.
  11. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

They don't NEED the money, but people have been adamant about donating so they are providing a way that also benefits another company. Plus, the game is likely to be a small-cost indie title. If you want to donate more, buy more copies. If you want to donate less, why donate to begin with?

Also, nobody said you have to install the game or even keep it. There are other perks if you give it to a friend (such as their gratitude).

If you can't trust Tiy to have come up with a good system to do this, why are you trusting him enough to donate in the first place? You lose nothing from this other than the ability to set a specific amount, which isn't really necessary to begin with, and you're gaining a lot more than you would have otherwise.

Plus, the game might be good. Or did you rule that out automatically?

sroag likes this.
  12. Starbound

Starbound Void-Bound Voyager

You'll see...

From what I've read, Wanderlust: Rebirth is an awesome game.

13. Spyder Z

Spyder Z Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On the "Dev's don't need the money" front and "Helping another Indie" side I think this is an awesome idea. ;P Really, it's "Free" advertising and sales promotion for another title, and extra change for the Devs that they aren't going out of their way to ask for. Win-win all around. If someone is upset about receiving extra for their money, or for some reason feels "Adamant" that every red cent goes to the Starbound Devs, then they can wait till the game comes out (Or is Reservable... Wink...Wink...) and buy it straight from the Devs then. No one is Forcing people to throw money at the Devs right now. :p

14. SirSonic

SirSonic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd donate if I had the money and also would you give any perks for donaters like ins-ta beta assess or in game items?

15. saison

saison Phantasmal Quasar

This isn't donations. This is purchasing another game, and some of the $ goes toward the developers of Chucklefish, as well as the developers of the game that Starbound will be sponsoring, or the other way around, depending on who really benefits more.

16. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I can't really say yes/no until I know what the game is, so yeah. As much as I want to support this game, I'm not going to do it by buying another that game I don't want.

17. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

Of course I'd be willing to support you guys, plus if I get a game to play in the mean time that's even better.

18. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

I think this could be true, if you click the button at their bottom of the page, it links to the starbound website.
    [​IMG]
    ^The button.
    Also, this thread was retweeted by the Makers of Wanderlust: https://twitter.com/#!/YetiTrunk

Liquidified likes this.
  19. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As long as it's supporting you and your amazing idea of a game then I'm all for it. And from the looks of things it's somewhat easy to make the "rain" generator rain [insert item/creature here] and if that's how the weather system is in the game, I'm excited! Woo dagger storm!

Armorking and rafeu like this.
  20. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

yep you have my donation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.