Notice Supporting Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Tiy, Jun 16, 2012.

?

Does this sound like a good idea to you?

1. Yes

1,550 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Maybe

199 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurokenji

Kurokenji Orbital Explorer

Merci bien,je n'y manquerais pas.

Zephiron likes this.
  2. ContestedPanic

ContestedPanic Star Wrangler

You clearly have no idea how things work at all. In France you are paid in means you make more money than people in the States in any case. Australians are paying a ton, not French and I know this because I'm French. Taxes have nothing to do either. You are insane if you pay 70 euros for a console game. Go on amazon.fr, not very complicated and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Zephiron likes this.
  3. Kurokenji

He's talking of games you buy in physical shops. Not limited to the international crap, France actually have higher taxation on multimedia stuff
    because it's considered luxry.
    I lived in France for the past 7years, and it's actually cheaper to buy multimedia in Switzerland. Odd thing,huh? Anyway, I think this tax is quite obsolete, but I can't see it abolished in the near future, considering how much money they must be making on it nowadays.

Zephiron likes this.
  4. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh t'en fais pas, Amazon est également mon repère quand je peux me permettre de dépenser du cash pour un blockbuster (si réduction il y a, bien entendu, faut pas oublier que les promos amazon ne sont pas systématiques, surtout pour les produits "a la mode"). Je donnais juste une idée approximative des taxations sur la diffusion de propriété intellectuelle telles qu'elles sont suivies actuellement pour les produits sur support physique (voire même dématérialisés, suffit de lister les prix des nouveautés Origin pour se faire une idée du coût d'une release EA)en Europe et plus particulièrement en France où, il me semble, cette taxation est la plus élevée, le Royaume-Uni en seconde place (sans compter l'up de la TVA qui va nous tomber dessus prochainement, je ne sais pas cependant si elle concerne cette industrie, au-temps pour moi si je fais faux-bond). Quoi qu'il en soit, le fait de devoir trouver de meilleures offres sur le marché international (amazon and co.) montre bien à quel point on nous fait raquer plus qu'on ne devrait dans notre propre pays.

Je ne m'étends pas sur le sujet des autres taxes et revenus ou de la fluctuation du niveau de vie par pays car ça n'est pas mon intention à la base, je souhaite autant que possible rester dans le domaine du jeu vidéo. Mais à l'avenir, j'te serais juste gré de faire un effort pour ne pas me lapider si je dis une connerie, me corriger suffit amplement. Merci à toi ;)

______​

Don't worry, Amazon is my safeguard when it comes to buying expensive blockbusters I can afford (given that the product is on promotion, ofc). I was just giving people approximations about intellectual property taxes on physical support products as established in Europe and more particularly in France, where I think its' the highest, the United Kingdom being right behind. Anyways, the simple fact that we need to find better offers on the international stage (amazon & co) is enough to show to what extend we need to spare a lot more money than 'necessary' around here. I won't go further on the debate of french income and global taxation as compared to overseas countries' standards of living, this has nothing to do with what I was trying to say anyways, which was related to video games only...Still, thank you ;)

5. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

It's more or less exact, but it's mostly linked to the legal protection of expensive digital/micro/computer-engineered property (same goes for music, strangely), that and the rise of public awareness against cyber-dependance, which result in raising taxation

Not that much compared to last years, I'm afraid, especially when companies struggle to promote their sales efficiently (raising prices by proposing 'extra-packages' among all idoesn't seem to be an effective solution imo. But who am I to judge, a customer, not an economist). Besides,there's the problem of AAA editors trying to pin down the second-hand market with all bunch of DRM / account-linking games, even on consoles...which results in lowering the sales in these specialized shops we all used to go. No wonder why the french branch of 'Game' company had to sell half its shops...that, plus their story about deficient software infrastructure. Online sales 'for ze win', now...which is sad, even though it's more convenient for people.

Kurokenji likes this.
  6. Kurokenji

This.

7. ContestedPanic

ContestedPanic Star Wrangler

I love your translation which has nothing to do. I wasn't bashing you in any way, just precising that French prices are not higher than other countries and Australian prices are bull in comparison. Buy blockbusters on directgamekeys.com, they're very nicely priced.

8. braindanger

braindanger Phantasmal Quasar

I think its a good idea to have an option to donate button:D , i just dont like it when people that what you to donate keep asking me to donate. :zombie:

Zephiron likes this.
  9. MacNCheeze210

MacNCheeze210 Void-Bound Voyager

It helps support 2 devs at the same time and you get a good game. Thats a good idea.
    And i support the fish rain idea. :up:

10. EpicOsity

EpicOsity Tentacle Wrangler

Mmm... Fish rain... Wait wha..?

Sure this is a good idea! I mean everyone gets a profit! And it's good to know people out there a so willing to contribute to such a great cause... I love you people ;)!

11. jintoya

jintoya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i think it more or less comes across to me as a free game, its kinda like "well i was going to donate ANYWAYS, so game on!" i like the fish rain and would like to see some of that in the game, even if its aesthetic i saw fish rain and was just like "LETS DO EET!"

12. kcela

kcela Starship Captain

i still hav not had fish rain....... must be a bug :iswydt:

13. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Or a cut feature. Like a dozen others.

14. Toady

Toady Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Or a feature they have currently disabled. Like a dozen others

15. Sir ceil

Sir ceil Existential Complex

Or the ending sequence that will be of a cinematic masterpiece

Toady likes this.
  16. Filipfonky

"currently disabled feature" and "cut feature" mean the same thing. They'll add it later anyways.

Also click Reply if you want to reply to someone.

17. Toady

You get a notification anyway but whatever. Also cut and currently disabled don't mean the same thing. "Cut" is severing a connection or tie where as "Currently disabled" is; they will enable it.

18. Filipfonky

They're not the same in a finished game, but they have the same meaning in an unfinished Beta.

About the Reply thing: yes, I do get a notification. But most of the time I tend to ignore alerts like "X has posted in this thread" in favor of "X has quoted your post" so yeah

19. Slenderkid

Slenderkid Tentacle Wrangler

I have this error that always shows up when ever I try to play error.png

Does anyone know how to fix it?

20. Toady

I was getting a string of errors too, i deleted my mods and it worked for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.