Suggestion: Children

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BewareOfOni, Nov 5, 2016.

1. BewareOfOni

BewareOfOni Tentacle Wrangler

I think the children should grow up into kids like the kids from the harvest moon series: Story of seasons

How they can help -

They can help around the farm and do tasks around the farm to help you, which will be a help for us farmers

Give you stuff they found (like wood/hardwood/stone/ore/starfruit or ancient artifact or old books

Interactions/Heart Events -

Another reason why they should be kids or teens is, I'm sure some of us who have kids and want to interact with them, like heart events and such and if your wondering about what gifts to give them, here are some suggestions.

^ They could like the same stuff as your bachelor/bachelorette does or they could like fruit/crops/accessories or gems

^ I think male and female should also have separate heart events, like for example on their six heart event, son likes jas and daughter likes Vincent, that would be interesting :3

Schedule -

From 7 am to 9 am they should be helping out on the farm and from 9:00 Pm to whenever they can go to study with penny just like jas and Vincent then when they finished studying they could possibly go to Vincent/jas's room and play with them or they can explore, talk with your wife/husband or lastly talk to their original parent until 8:00 pm then they go back home and then they go to sleep at 10:00Pm.

Appearance -

They should also have their default appearance depending on what or what were their mother/father looks/looked like (not the player) (and what I mean by what were or looked like is if you divorce the mother/husband and keep the child)

Please take this idea into consideration if you guys or concernedape are planning to evolve the kids in stardew valley to the next level.

From the full supporter of ur games

- BewareOf

• BarbarianRas

BarbarianRas Void-Bound Voyager

Been thinking about the family. I wish you could assign your spouse to a task. It would also be awesome if you could train them to do stuff better, like the sprites in HM: FoMT.

"Baby, I love you, but I have a high tech irrigation system I spent a ton of time and money installing so you dont need to water anything. If you and the kids could keep an eye out for truffles the pigs dig up, that'd be fantastic. Maybe make a game of it... Please =)"

• Jayfeather980

Jayfeather980 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Could there be a dozen or so "personalities" (essentially NCPs set aside to be added later in the game) that can be assigned to your children and give them unique interests and behaviors. These could be determined by the child's other parent as well as how much the time player spends "building upon" a particular skill. (I'm sure tracking the player's commitment to one of the 5 branches even after it's maxed out isn't hard, and SDV may even continue tracking it already)

To make things even more interesting there could be a "rebellion" factor that will attempt to pick a personality that is opposite either parents likes/skills. Or it could just be picked at random.

With a dozen or so personalities available there are enough that should a future update allow other couples to marry, they too can have children...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
        • BewareOfOni

BewareOfOni Tentacle Wrangler

No, I don't think there should be a thing where their personality is determinded by the parent, that be too much work and it will take a longer date for it to come out, if it will ever come out

Nah, rebellion wouldn't be good anyway, but! you have given me a good idea, a "parenting" factor, allows you to choose your child's likes, dislikes, favourites and appearance after they get out of their child stage, that option would appear, you can choose to change some stuff or do it naturally :3

I think there will be a future update like that sometime in the future :3