1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Stretch Goal Thoughts -- Pets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by mollygos, Apr 19, 2013.

?

Pets as a stretch goal?

1. Yay!

1,534 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Nay!

827 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

You are trusted and obviously this game is bad-ass so far. The initial sting some people are experiencing comes from them expecting something more intense like the last two goals but not every single thing can be like that and they will eventually get over it. I was a bit sour on the pets myself considering the points I just made but I'm warming up to them, as will everyone else. As it was said and made clear to us before, the pets are optional. So all that's left for some of us to do is get over it.

Foxling and capchu like this.
  2. Xelot

Xelot Phantasmal Quasar

Pets must be able to get after the start, otherwise you will feel compelled to grab one at the beginning.

dhxmg likes this.
  3. weleavefossils

weleavefossils Aquatic Astronaut

I like the pets, what is the issue about? True it could have been an earlier stretch goal, but its sounds like to me that they weren't expecting the need for stretch goals when pre-orders started (and were never required to add them I might add)

4. No, the page confirms it's another system.

That Sir is a Great Idea for Vanity Pets!

Asrashas and Silverforte like this.
  5. Itsuto

Itsuto Aquatic Astronaut

As much as I love the idea of these starter pets, I honestly feel that they're not worth breaking 1 mil for. Maybe 50k-100k at best. If I'm going to be paying to break 1 million, I'd rather have it be something worthwhile and epic.

Starter pets that do basically nothing but aesthetically please you? Meh.

6. raTTy

raTTy Void-Bound Voyager

It is frustrating that the decission was already done before it started. I will try to explain, altough my english is not that well:

It is like asking 1000 people:

YO GUYS WHAT DO YOU WANT?
    • A CHEESBURGER?
    • SOMETHING ELSE?
    Guess what would win? People are lazy. A so called "community manager" should know this.

It is much different from a question like

• A CHEESBURGER?
    • A PIZZA?
    • A KEPAB?

It would have been better, to give us something 2 or 3 real options to vote for. And do not tell me they had nothing half ready prepared for other suggestions.
    The forum is full of great ideas, even in this thread there were a lot of them.

There seems to be a bit undercommunication in the team .. man i don't know.

Not really options to vote for, bad communication or clarification that the pet is "useful" and "customizable", no idea how huge the next $$ step to the next goal is.... like i said.. i have
    a feeling that this poll was already done before it started.

No offense at all. Do not get me wrong ! I already bought the game, with that the features i have known, which were enough for me to buy it. - I am happy with it !
    So i do not really care what additional goals there are. It is fine for me.. really ..

I just don't like this strange attempt of democracy voting.

7. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

I agree completely. I want to see these pets have some more depth to them. Care for them, feed them, train them! Something to keep us wanting to use them rather than 'Hey, look at my dog.'

8. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Existential Complex

9. dhxmg

dhxmg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This acctually feels pretty valid, if the starter pet can do something other (tamed) ones can't then it will not mattter if you make them optional. People will have them for that extra whatever it is they do. I trust you, but please make sure they are not optional and have som bonus that is useful to the player. I hope you understand my meaning here...

10. Remalis

Remalis Aquatic Astronaut

On the new page about the starter pets, it is mentioned that having one is optional, which I think is a good decision. However, does that mean that those who choose not to start with one be at some kind of disadvantage, or do the starting pets not do anything particularly worthwhile? It seems to me like one or the other has to be true, unless you guys have some other idea about how to balance not having a starter pet.

Flemm and dhxmg like this.
  11. SKKiro

SKKiro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is maybe a mundane feature I don't mind in the game but I won't be disapointed if the strech goal isn't reach either.

I guess this is why they put something mundane as a long term stretch goal.

12. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

You people act like the 250k to $1,000,000 is ALL for the pet system, like they had nothing until they get that $250,000. The money is going all to the project, the stretch goal is a bonus. Learn to think before jumping to conclusions.

Asferot and Pie4Pigs like this.
  13. Kesk

Kesk Phantasmal Quasar

I'm sorry, but what are you even talking about?

Ken_Chihuly, WoxandWarf, Aeon and 2 others like this.
  14. Flevalt

Flevalt Pangalactic Porcupine

Nah I think they've got a good chance at it.
    Although the pace at which the money's going in has slowed down quite a bit, there's still enough people who are still waiting to pre-order or are still considering it.

15. Ariexe

Ariexe Pangalactic Porcupine

the deed is allready done, and they say in the pets description "the will be useful" and "fully customizable" so think of it as a way to make your own monster :eek:

16. Spike

Spike Supernova

Remember that guy in pokemon who tried to sell you a bike for $1,000,000 when someone in golden rod city gives it to you for free? I don't know why I was reminded of this.

17. Pixeludicrous

Pixeludicrous Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow, rude. They didn't have to include Stretch goals in the first place. Don't be so entitled.

18. NickName

NickName Cosmic Narwhal

Ok it's you who made the game and determine the content. Maybe the pets will serve as an introduction in the pet system.
    Thanks for reading the comments about it.:up:
    Maybe something of the suggestins would be a new strech goal ? if there will be one.

19. dhxmg

dhxmg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Depending of the level of customization this might actually be interesting, if we're allowed to customize i fully it will be really interesting. I'm not sure on the lore here, but science we have space travel and taming of pets, surely we would be able to choose what pet we want from all the races across the universe? (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

20. NickName

NickName Cosmic Narwhal

Jep you are rude.

WoxandWarf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.