1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Stream Jan 08, 2013

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Serris, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Serris

Serris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

updated the original topic to be more readable.
    now also includes a lot of information from the second stream that lasted about 36 minutes.

2. Shadeparade

Shadeparade Void-Bound Voyager

Th-there was a second stream?

Edit:found it, cheers for links.

3. Dem Flower Trees D:

4. Serris

i know right :O i mean, i expected some pretty cool trees based on the ones we'd seen (the purple and green "ordinary" trees, the mechanic trees), but they were in essence "tree's" like we know them. bigass flowers is really cool, and i can imagine a lot of flowertypes can be used for this.
    dibs on the mushroom forest btw xD

5. Dr. Chaos

Dr. Chaos Void-Bound Voyager

at 30:19

That might be the most adorable monster I've ever seen.

Edit: Nooooo! Tiy, what have you done?!

*sob*

6. NewLiar

NewLiar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Those first tier sets all look really good. And those monsters, goat bulbasaur and Rhinociraptor. This game just gets better and better the more I see of it.

Mianso likes this.
  7. Dr. Chaos

Makes me want to start a whole monster farm full of them. <3

Giraffalopes grazing on the crops, Hipp-o-lion snakes gracefully running in the fields, trying to stop the ones that occasionally break free from killing everybody. Thats the life for me.

RexMori likes this.
  8. Serris

old dr chaos had a farm, EE-I-EE-I-O
    and on that farm he had a giraffalope, EE-I-EE-I-O
    a giraffalope here, a hippolion there...

9. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

I got so hyped,kill me before I create a release date thread...if necessary.
    Seiously,dat armors!Trees will get chopped down by explosions.
    I...thanks.:cry:

10. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

11. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

That second stream was pretty awesome. One thing I'm curious about though, those yellow things that popped up after he made the "obsidian" were those crystals? I wasn't entire sure because they started popping up near the obsidian, not just on it. I didn't see them anywhere else in the stream though, and he did get blocks out of them...

Definitely glad there seems to be more plant variety now, and it seems like there's endless combinations of monsters!

Also that is one comically oversized robot sword.

12. Kesk

Kesk Phantasmal Quasar

"Cook ALL the things."

13. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

The cow onion still looked more like venasaur to me do to its size but the bulb on its back is like bulbasaur

14. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

Someone pressed B but didn't hold it hard enough!

RexMori likes this.
  15. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

everything i have witnessed in the 2 streams is sheer magnificence and fantastic
    i love it all:coffee:
    so many details and shtuff shown er my gerddd

dgm and Mokunen like this.
  16. Serris

i haven't noticed that, i'll check it out later today. thanks.

17. Sordak

Sordak Void-Bound Voyager

oooh nice things are nice. so florans are now conan the lettuce?
    Also i like the Hylotl armor (alot more than their actual character models)

I also like that explosives destroy terrain, however im still wondering about the combat, im just having the feel that melee combat will feel alot less exciting than ranged combat. The animations just feel rather slow and not quite in the flow of the game.

18. Serris

and the coolest part is that a race can unlock other races armor :D so if you want to play an avian samurai, go nuts :3

melee is still being worked on. that said, it looks quite a bit better than older streams.

19. Sordak

Sordak Void-Bound Voyager

it most definitly does tho since i tend to favor melee characters id hope that itll be kind of a bit more flowish so to speak. a bit sliker.

20. Dr. Chaos

Pretty hyped about the inclusion of some survival features.

I'm always pretty keen on that type of stuff. Making use of everything, planting crops, storing food, etc. Generally getting more use out of things.