1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Steam version crashes on startup

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Gon009, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I played before 1.2 and everything was fine, now when trying to run 1.2.1 on steam generates a MAV crash. Looking at patch notes and seeing how game behaves it seems that 1.2.1 update broke Steam api. I'm surprised that the glitch wasn't fixed already.

Exiting Steam and running the game without Steam by using .exe works so it's definitely issue with this. I heard about mysterious Steam_Api.dll1 file which fixes this problem, however I have no file like this, I only have Steam_Api.dll file. I guess that Steam_Api.dll1 file was steam api from 32-bit 1.2 version which was working.

So, anyone here could post Steam_Api.dll1 file here? Is there also some kind of Steam_Api64.dll1 file for 64-bit version?

Logs if you want: http://pastebin.com/9rMgzD5J

2. Gon009

Bump.

Anyone? Please, it's not that hard to upload one small file to dropbox, zippyshare or whatever file hosting. It's ~200kb

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Uploading DLL files is extremely stupid. You can't verify they are what you think they are.

Have you tried reinstalling steam instead?

4. Gon009

It worked somehow, thanks!

BTW. You can verify all files you want by throwing them into few online virus scanners.

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

online virus scanner... heh. That is quite the oxymoron. If your desktop scanner can't pick it up, then an online scanner sure as heel won't. And usually tampered DLL files are not viruses. You can't know what they do without them actually doing it, or pulling them apart, but not many people are capable enough to do that.

Main point is, don't download dll files unless you know exactly what you are doing, and be prepared for the consequences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.