1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Starrybound Server [1.2] - An Advanced Server Wrapper for Starbound - Spawn Protection!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Zidonuke, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Yep. It'll happen when anyone without a shipdata file (new character) joins. Tat's the big one.

There are also constant nil connection errors.

Special characters will crash anyone who types /players or /clients.

Khailz likes this.
  2. Khailz

Khailz Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah I hope this is fixed or Starrybound comes out soon

3. Mortalsinn

Mortalsinn Zero Gravity Genie

Is this for Windows or is this a Linux type deal?

Khailz likes this.
  4. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

I am sure it will be for both.

5. lordfiSh

lordfiSh Tentacle Wrangler

waiting for, hope consolebased, Version for Debian :)

6. Zidonuke

Zidonuke Pangalactic Porcupine

supernet2 and Bacon like this.
  7. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

8. Zidonuke

Zidonuke Pangalactic Porcupine

We are pushing to release this today or tomorrow. Just stand by :3

9. Deniska

Deniska Poptop Tamer

I've sent a pull request. This should add native Linux support (Mono). Tested it on Ubuntu, so happy Debian owners should not have any issues too. The changes are not that big, so probably Zidonuke will review it soon.

EDIT: If you are familiar with C# and want to try it out, check https://github.com/AvilanceLtd/StarryboundServer/pull/8
    Just make sure you have mono-devel and mono-runtime packages.

Bacon likes this.
  10. GSPU

GSPU Phantasmal Quasar

I'd rather wait for an extra day instead of forcing it out today to ensure it will be working okay, but we can see what would happen... yes?

11. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Agree don't rush it take your time making sure it's ready and working as it should :)

12. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

looks great. ill be happy to pull and test for you guys.

13. Palid

Palid Space Spelunker

http://hastebin.com/qesabapoyu.rb
    Well, I could start the server, but wrapper kills me. It's started by root btw, just because of memory leaks of the server app.

14. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

you have to change the gameport of starbound to something else (like 21024) then change the serverport entry in the config.json to match that value. The way this works is it acts as a proxy that intercepts all traffic for the game, does its thing, then forwards it on to the actual game server.

15. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

*Feature request*

1. On join of unique UUID give # of X item.
    2. Record into a flat file or SQL database

This way we can spawn world protect and not have to manually give fuel out. I know a lot are asking a lot of you all. I figure this should be an easy one to write.

16. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

I seem to be unable to connect due to "wrong password" even though I have no passwords defined in any configs anywhere. I have created an issue.

17. Eagerly awaiting this. Keep up the great works, guys! :up:

18. AlphaModder

AlphaModder Void-Bound Voyager

Are we allowed to submit pull requests at this point? It seems cool to let anyone with coding knowledge to help.

19. Alconchloe

Alconchloe Void-Bound Voyager

You're allowed to submit pull requests to the program to help it as much as possible. We will look through it as fast as possible and implement it accordingly. Thanks.

Opalium and Crashdoom like this.
  20. Crashdoom

Crashdoom Pangalactic Porcupine

Just a note to everyone relating to the "does this work on Linux" question, the answer: YES! We've currently got it running on Debian 7 (Wheezy) running with 20 players. We'll post instructions on our initial release on how to get it running properly, if you're using a source version, PM me and I'll give you the information upfront :)

I'm currently working on this, we have a base command for it at the moment while I get it implemented into the core system, you'll be able to add to an array in the config file saying what items (by name) you want to give them and how much. As for the SQL, I'll see what I can do!

supernet2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.