1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED StarReader: Starbound Web-Based Player Save File Editor

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gear, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Zerooo

Zerooo Space Hobo

Nevermind, working fine, i messed up the versions of the files i was trying to upload!
    Thanks for the fast answer!

2. orumac

orumac Void-Bound Voyager

Im sorry very new to this mod stuff, where do I get Java Script, I also having problem modding, I hit generate new save file, nothing happening.

3. orumac

orumac Void-Bound Voyager

I figure out how to work the java script enabled..and its already is enabled :p...still nothing anything when I edit my hit points and health energy, I click Generate New Save File..nothing is happening , little help please!

4. Tyler61210

Tyler61210 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey man.
    I was messing around with your site and my files.

I find it that..

The editor works slightly fine.
    I found a way for me to make the items.

So basically.. You need to put in items over existing items.. For example..

Attached Files:

5. Gear

Gear Subatomic Cosmonaut

When you make changes and click Generate Save File a new box should appear near the top with a download link.

Thanks for pointing that out, should be pretty easy to fix later

Coro likes this.
  6. unclecharles

unclecharles Starship Captain

So with this new update, do we still have to do the unpack/pack of the assets?

7. Tyler61210

Tyler61210 Void-Bound Voyager

I never did. And I can make items, its a little messy and still in process of being updated and fixed. But here.

Quoted from my earlier post..

The editor works slightly fine.
    I found a way for me to make the items.

So basically.. You need to put in items over existing items.. For example..

Till then, this method works good.

Attached Files:

8. Coro

Coro Void-Bound Voyager

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Gear! Thx for the great save editor!

I have observed that I cannot generate some items because the item identifiers have changed. I know that this has been said though.

I have also observed that I cannot create an item in an empty slot as Tyler61210 has stated.

I tried to give my self "butterflyboost-chip" in an empty slot and it didn't work, HOWEVER, i did give myself "bubbleboost-chip" in an empty slot and it DID work. So I am guessing this has to do with identifiers and we would be needing a list of them in order to add them in correctly. Correct me if im wrong.

Love the addition of health and energy Gear! Very nice!

**Edit**

Confirmed Tyler61210's observance... I can create any item i want (provided its still in the game) over another item with at least one quantity.

**Edit**

As long as you can guess the new item identifier for it. :unsure:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  9. Gear

Gear Subatomic Cosmonaut

Update Beta 5
    • I purchased a domain name, go to http://www.starreader.net
    • New, more informative interface!
    • Fixed some bugs with large numbers being calculated incorrectly

Coro likes this.
  10. Gear

Gear Subatomic Cosmonaut

Update 1/28/14 Beta 6

• Item Sharing (Exporting and Importing) In the "View More" section for every item there are now "export" and "import" buttons. Clicking export will give you a chunk of text representing that item. Clicking import will open a textbox where you can paste these codes to import the item into that slot.
    • Fixed bug where you couldnt add items to empty slots

Coro likes this.
  11. TyronetheTyrant

TyronetheTyrant Poptop Tamer

No need to guess if you find the file and extract the name after extracting. Someone may archive all the updated names soon. I may take it upon myself.

Coro likes this.
  12. MaRsHiN

MaRsHiN Void-Bound Voyager

I updated my item lookup website (http://starbounditems.herokuapp.com/) with what I hope is the current item list. I'm not entirely sure...

*Edit: After digging in a bit I definitely missed a good amount of items. Will update this in the morning.

*Edit 2: Updated the item list again. Found a total of 3,040 items

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    Coro likes this.
  13. Coro

Coro Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you! you rock!

14. AmusedTheory

AmusedTheory Space Hobo

I just didnt have my assets completely unpacked, which I thought they were. That fixed some of my problems. But I still cannot edit a single thing on this shotgun that I picked up that I wanted to boost the damage on. It just changes to "perfectly Generic Item" in game after I save it.

BeLe likes this.
  15. Featherball

Featherball Big Damn Hero

@Gear:
    That is very cool! Thank you very much for your hard work! :)
    Would you also be so kind to share the information you got about the file format and structure with us? That would be awesome! :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  16. Nikolay Debroh

Nikolay Debroh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If its ok, can i know what Programing Lenguaje you use to make this tool?

17. Klocko

Klocko Big Damn Hero

403 Forbidden error?

18. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Hey @Gear, I've been using your app to read the various differences in blocks and trees (ex. materialHueShift ), and, so far it was fantastic. Until now. While testing my mod and starting to prepare for a few screenshots, I bought some Wooden Planks I had shifted to a nice shade of green (which I had found in-game originally) from my Carpenter merchant, and misplaced a few. Mined them up, but a second stack of Wooden Planks was formed. To check the issue, I loaded the save file to StarReader, and... well... see for yourself. It's in the attachment.

MinuteChanges.png

I come here to ask if you could do me a favor and lengthen the number codes listed by StarReader. The current accuracy does not allow me to find the difference between the blocks.

19. ViExZioE

ViExZioE Void-Bound Voyager

Hope you add the ability to change your personality. I would love this forever.

20. Gear

Gear Subatomic Cosmonaut

Could you claify a little what you mean by number codes?
    PHP, a strange choice I know!
    Yes i'll have this soon

I'm currently working on implementing a user-system so you can register and store some of your characters for backup/sharing, which i think will be pretty cool