1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

starcheat: player save editor and Python library [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by wizzomafizzo, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizzomafizzo

wizzomafizzo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This normally means your save file was made with a version of starbound older than the last character wipe (like 2 patches ago?). If that's the case, you just need to make a new character. Otherwise, are you able to upload a copy of your .player file and I can take a look at it?

My guess is your player folder location didn't get set correctly when you first started. Can you try:
    1. Go to Start > Run...
    2. Type "%APPDATA%\starcheat" and hit enter
    3. Open starcheat.ini in notepad and check that the "player_folder" line looks okay
    4. If it does, try delete all the files in the appdata\starcheat folder and run starcheat again

antidust likes this.
  2. Darkfox190

Darkfox190 Void-Bound Voyager

Here's the player file. I'm 99% sure I made this character during the latest patch...

Attached Files:

3. wizzomafizzo

Is this from the official installer or homebrew?

4. wizzomafizzo

It runs through my parser fine but the save version is also definitely correct, probably a bug with the GUI. I'll look into it for you. In the meantime can you try create a brand new character and open it. Just want to completely rule out the problem being this specific save. Thanks!

5. Darkfox190

Darkfox190 Void-Bound Voyager

Actually, now that I think about it... I'm not getting far enough to pick the character I'm editing. I pointed it to the player directory, it crashes before I can do anything.

6. iCreateVisual

iCreateVisual Space Hobo

I keep getting the message no compatible save files found in: and then i just hit ok n it closes the box

7. Heike

Heike Starship Captain

Official "installer", the homebrew one is pyqt4

8. wizzomafizzo

I can't explain why this would happen unless the starcheat options didn't get set. You can try this:
    1. Start > Run..
    2. Type "%APPDATA%\starcheat" and hit enter
    3. Delete starcheat.ini and assets.db in that folder
    4. Restart starcheat.exe and definitely don't skip the options dialog
    If that doesn't help, read through the instructions on the first post about making debug files and post that here.

Are we looking at the same things? https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/pyqt5.rb
    Anyway doesn't matter how you get there as long as we can make builds, official Qt is fine if that's easier.

9. Heike

Heike Starship Captain

Ah thanks for that? Will try it with the homebrew one

10. Dexofan

Dexofan Void-Bound Voyager

Add a choice once all recipes

11. Mendo

Mendo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would there be a way to change your appearance with this eventually? I'm assuming it's coming down the line since it's greyed out.

12. Ignitas

Ignitas Void-Bound Voyager

I've created a homebrew formula for it. You can install it now on OS X by typing:

brew install https://gist.github.com/chrmoritz/8177384/raw/starcheat.rb

in your terminal (you must have homebrew installed of cause). You can start it by typing:

starcheat

in your terminal. I also tried to create an app with cx_freeze and py2app but it doesn't worked in both cases because of a strange sip issue. (I will look deper at it tomorow). (the --with-app part is also wip atm)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  13. xXSoulSlayerXx

xXSoulSlayerXx Void-Bound Voyager

The app just crashes on me as soon as i select the player for it to open. Not sure why.
    Here is my save file: https://mega.co.nz/#!s4FC2K6C!LpY6FU74Htj9i1m6ARjc0kU7LbJZryjz5C3R9jcw7d0
    Here is my debug output:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console3.py", line 27, in <module>
    File ".\build\starcheat.py", line 6, in <module>
    File ".\build\gui.py", line 179, in __init__
    File ".\build\gui.py", line 458, in open_file
    File ".\build\gui.py", line 212, in update
    TypeError: QSpinBox.setValue(int): argument 1 has unexpected type 'int'

14. SheepyJr

SheepyJr Aquatic Astronaut

My inventory is empty in the editor...

15. Zavod101

Zavod101 Phantasmal Quasar

nice! can't wait for the ability of altering guns!

16. wizzomafizzo

I'll add this to the list. Thanks for the suggestion!

Eventually yes. I am probably gonna do a dialog first which just shows some dropdown boxes and color pickers. Later down the track (probably one of the last parts) I want to add support to render the character on the fly and fill that big box in the middle of the inventory.

omg! Gimme a shout if you wanna do a pull request. That is weird about not being able to make the apps, I thought it would just do it magic :( Nice work tho!

Thanks for this, absolutely perfect bug report :) I'll look into this soon and get back to you. I'm gonna try get an update in shortly to help with the player picker issues and setting up the config. It's really good when it works I promise!

Can you please run through the steps on the first post about getting debug information (should be able to search for debug.bat). Can probably sort it out from that information and maybe upload your player file too if that's cool

Getting close now!!

Mendo likes this.
  17. The Crystal Fox

The Crystal Fox Void-Bound Voyager

I was wondering if you could help me a little wizzo I am an aspiring modder and all i have really managed to do is make it so my bubble gun can shoot background meteors... But I was wondering if you could offer any tutorials on how to do some of this modding legit?

18. xXSoulSlayerXx

xXSoulSlayerXx Void-Bound Voyager

I have a mac and a windows machine, both with starbound installed, so i could help you test out the app if you want to :) PM me if you need anything

19. SpaceDolan

SpaceDolan Yeah, You!

How do u change weapons's energy per shot thing answer asap this tool/mod is perfect for people who reached tier 10 and have nothing to do Great Job! And keep updating this to perfection

20. Ignitas

Ignitas Void-Bound Voyager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.