1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound's price, something that should be well though out.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kjulo, Feb 28, 2012.

?

At what price would you buy it?

1. 5€

10 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. 10€

87 vote(s)
    42.2%
  3. 15€

64 vote(s)
    31.1%
  4. 20€

25 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. 25€

9 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. 50€ (You will be added to my list of people's lifes to make miserable)

11 vote(s)
    5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaber

Jaber Pangalactic Porcupine

Only if the keychain power stacks.

Trash Bones likes this.
  2. Aidoboy

Aidoboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

3. Williamm53

Williamm53 Astral Cartographer

15$ thats how much terraria should have been but even i would pay more for terraria cause how much i love it.

4. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

Between 10 and 15 is what I'd expect from the game. Let's face it, any higher than 15 just wouldn't be all that doable, especially since they want it accessible to a large base of people.

5. eatlyh

eatlyh Aquatic Astronaut

Im a student so 10€ :d But if i could get some extra money, i would prolly pay up to 20€

6. CrateMuncher

CrateMuncher Big Damn Hero

€10. That's the upper bound of what i can convince my parents to buy me.

x-adam1234-x likes this.
  7. Dragonaught12

Dragonaught12 Yeah, You!

yes pick 10 because I have 10 dollars reserved for stabound and I don't want to pay 15

8. I voted 50, because I wanted to be added to the list, you know.

But I really don't care how much it is. As long as they shut up and take my money <3

Ashen and Omegatron like this.
  9. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd say, and definitely pay, anything from $15-30 dollars. Now, of course I'm thinking in Canadian dollars, which are around the same as US, but far prettier, with better animals and more shinies on the bills.

Seriously, I've paid up to $60 for games I've hardly played... and, I'd far rather financially support a fantastic indie game than a mass-market big-wig :alien:

10. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

[​IMG]

Still better than posting a new thread about it I suppose (there have been a few since this one died way back when), but I'm starting to wonder if this topic really needs to be discussed this often.
    Everyone I have talked to assumes the price will be between $9.99 and $29.99. Shape a bell curve between the two numbers, that's your spread of what people are expecting.
    I've already said my personal thoughts about this two and a half months ago, but hopefully this will bring some closure to the topic, or at least this particular thread about it.

11. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well since 10 euro's is about as much as 15 american dollars I have to say 15$

12. I_Play_Terraria

I_Play_Terraria Space Spelunker

I personally would not pay 5 bucks for this game. Instead I will wait until it goes on sale for 1 to 2 dollars before I purchase it because even 5 dollars would be asking for to much. There is no way this game should ask for more money then Terraria did. terraria was so much better and I would have paid 30 dollars for it. This game seems interesting but the graphics and charector design ruined it for me.

13. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

I'd pay £25 happily, and probably more if the game turns out anything like I'm expecting. They're putting a lot of time in to this, and they deserve a decent return if the game lives up to its expectations. People are always going to want the lowest possible price, but I think compared to quite a few indie games out there this game will require more development time, and give much greater playability in the end. So I think a slightly higher price point would be justified for the amount of content that they are currently promising. I spent far more time playing Terraria than some games that I've paid £30+ for.

[​IMG]?

DevonDe likes this.
  14. Mittgfu

Mittgfu Phantasmal Quasar

Just because this game is similar to Terraria, and you consider it to be a remake, doesn't mean it can't cost more than Terraria does. That is a grave offense. This came can cost how much it wants. For the last time (hopefully), this game is not bound to Terraria in any way!

x-adam1234-x likes this.
  15. Guiyran

Guiyran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

From the way you post around here it sounds like you need to leave and go play Terraria.

This game is NOT Terraria. From what I gather, this game was in Tiy's mind before during and after Terraria was developed. For all we know the reason Terraria looks the way it does is because it came from ideas in Tiy's mind on how Starbound was going to be, but one can only speculate on that.

Back on topic. I would gladly pay $30(about 23 EUR) for this. The game depth will blow Terraria out of the water, and character customization with vanity items looks very promising. I will most assuredly be running a SB Server.

x-adam1234-x likes this.
  16. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

You want to make me cry, honestly ;n;
    The game only has a few videos out and a couple pictures and you already decided its not worth your time
    Why did you even sign up on the forums?
    Please... Just keep your Starbound hate out.

I would probably pay 30$ for this game, when it finally comes out :l

17. Siveria

Siveria Big Damn Hero

I'd pay 10-15 US or so myself. Would even pre-order it on steam if I could.

18. aurok

aurok Orbital Explorer

10-20 US Seems very reasonable. I'd like to add that the option to buy extra content that doesn't directly affect how the game works, maybe like vanity items, would appeal to me. Then, when I have extra spending money I can support the team more, and get something fun out of it.

19. darkninjx

darkninjx Big Damn Hero

well if it was at least half as fun as terraria i would give 50euro's for it The more expensive the better(for the devs of course)

20. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Personly I would pay quite a subsational amount for the game but in realistic terms £17 sounds about right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.