1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound will not launch on linux.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by matt4creeper, Mar 29, 2017.

1. matt4creeper

matt4creeper Orbital Explorer

My starbound will launch in a transparent window and disappear. I have looked for other tutorials, and have found no linux32 or linux64 folders that the tutorials talk about. i have verified game cache. Yet i still have not been able to launch starbound. please help

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

Depending on which OS you use the path wil be different and also if you use the GoG version of Starbound.
    Common steampaths are:
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\storage\starbound.log
    Mac: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Starbound.app/Contents/MacOS/starbound/storage/starbound.log
    Linux: ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/storage/starbound.log

~ Iris ~

3. matt4creeper

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Code:
    [Error] Fatal Exception caught: (RendererException) OpenGL 2.0 not available!
    It seems your graphic card either doesn't support opengl 2.0 which means it is antique or you don't have the right driver installed.

~ Iris ~

5. matt4creeper

Thanks, I'm getting a new graphics card to day actually.