Starbound Short Story Sharing

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Alkanthe, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Ironbeak

Ironbeak Big Damn Hero

[​IMG] NIGHTMARES FOREVER. Well done!

2. DoctorShaggy

DoctorShaggy Void-Bound Voyager

I thought it might be interesting to suggest the Agaran were kidnapping Floran so that they might change them into new Agaran. That would be a big lore point though, and I'm not much of a writer, so I didn't expect my entry to be picked. However, I enjoyed writing it, and in looking up some of the in-game Agaran dialogue, I did notice their language was mostly just the broken Mandalorian spoken by the kidnapped little girl that Revan rescued in the original KOTOR game. You get all the nerd points, Starbound devs <3

Classified Apex Expeditioner’s Audio Log [transcribed]

Stardate 06.05.**** 15:32

Convoy successfully teleported to planet surface. Temporary operations base established. Initial samples of local flora inconclusive: contaminated by unknown microbial spores. Further analysis needed.

Stardate 06.06.**** 18:41

Floran savages sighted in the area. Highly hostile. Caution advised.

Stardate 06.07.**** 06:19

…[screams]….Sssssss... What button do?.... No matter. Floran takesss ssshiny from hairy onessss…[unintelligible]…

Stardate 06.09.**** 12:54

Ssss… What?! Nasssty mussshroomsss! Let Floran go! Let Floran fight! Nasssty, ssquisshy, sssneaky musshroomsss…[unintelligible]

Stardate 06.14.**** 04:33

Floran sssso hungry. Nassssty mussshroomsss won’t let Floran go. Refussse to eat Nassty mussshroomsss food. But… sssoo hungry… maybe jusssst… one bite?

Stardate 06.15.**** 04:17

Gah! What wasss in nasssty food? Feel ssso ssstrange… weak… Floran fear nassssty mussshrooms… What hasss mussshroom done to Floran? Can feel… thingsss… growing in Floran… Ssssss…Hoooom… [unintelligible]

Stardate 06.16.**** 19:29 [Final entry]

…[unintelligible]… Hoom hoom! Kissface nab feara shroom. Mesti Kissface. Mesti shroom. Mesti future. Nab feara future...

DragonsForce and Burnalot like this.
  3. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Looking back at my story, I understand "Why didn't I won"... I wrote it in a rush without checking enything (including grammar and logical errors), but I will post it here anyway.
    p.s. Originaly it didn't even had a name

- Stars. Who invented this stupid word? Whose idea it was, and was he even thinking about the repercussion it will make to whole our galaxy? - Cassa was loundging on the capitain's chair, with his feet laying on the dashboard. He knew, that autopilot blocked all the buttons and levers, so there was no need to worry. Cassa was a Novakid - child of the dead star, as everybody would say. There was a metal symbol on his face, called brand, it once had a shape of five-pointed star turned upside down, but now it's middle-right angle was broken off, wich meant a limb loss, a right hand in Cassa's case. His body had a light-red color, with hair-like amission on his head, resembling a long messy hairstyle.
    - Nobody has the power to know the effects of their actions, my light, - there was a feminine robotic voice behind him.
    - Nuh-uh! I KNEW we will become friends if I will not kill you, - Cassa has put his left hand behind his head.
    - Sometimes I forget, why am I agreed to be your companion... - a Glitch woman approached him, her slim robotic body was covered with light metal plates, but lacking any clothes, wich made her shining by Novakid's light like a metal moon in the darcness of the pilot room, - But then I remember, that you would just vent out without my help.
    - Im so glad we installed you an USCM's AI speech patch. Your voice is truly beautiful now, Clancky... - Cassa hemmed and extended hins hand in his companion's direction, - Do you think they will forgive me, after all I have done?
    - Your species has a short memory, my light, I've read this in books, - Clancky gently took Novakid's hand.
    - This is but a stereotype, grown up by our lack of attention. And, as you can see by my example, some of us has a very long memory... - one-handed Novakid shook his head.
    - Im trying to make you happy, even if I need to hide the truth, - Glitch-female ran her right hand through her companion's "hair" and started caressing his head, - Im hoping you shall do the same for me.
    - Lie hurts slower, but much harder, than the truth... If only I had a head on my own whoulders, I could have just stopped my father's legacy. I could have just save my arm after all! - a small electric spark jumped out if the brand's fracture site.
    - But you could never meet me, leaving my precious scientist AI in a medieval colony with no future... - even though Clancky's voice couldn't describe any amotions, Cassa could swear he heard a note of disappointment in it, - Is this a better faith for you?
    - No, shiny, it isn't... - red Novakid shook his head once again, - Thank you, Clancky.
    - Thank me for what?
    - For you, - Cassa laughed.

4. Reyavan

Reyavan Void-Bound Voyager

Here's mine!

Floran Creation Lesson

As documented by: Dr. Cree Pex

My people and descendants of Vief-lora, listen now for I will tell the story of our seeding. Many suns ago, long before we became the children of stars that we now are, was the dark and untamed planet of Vief-lora. On that planet lived the holy goddess of light Lorata who had been exiled by her brother Rama for, as I’ve told you, stealing the gift of life. Unwilling to remain alone on that planet, she cultivated the gift of life and sowed the first seeds on the cold, dark ground. From these seeds grew small vegetation, the descendants of which one can find in caves and all dark places.

Unhappy with the small fruits of her labor, she used the gift of life to feed the plants with nutrients born of her body. Fed by these offerings, the plants grew more, and the grasses and shrubs of the world were born. Desiring more, Lorata drew once again from the gift of life and poured her life-blood into the world, creating the rivers, lakes, and oceans that watered the plants. No longer thirsty, the plants’ roots began to dig deep, and tall and lush trees began to grow. With one final effort Lorata sought to create life even grander than that, and using her gift sent her soul into the heavens to create the stars and suns. The plants upon the surface, now fed, watered, and given light were free to prosper, and from these humble seeds grew us, the Florans.

Given charge of the world and all of its wonders, we grew and lived in large communities and served as caretakers. Before long however, Lorata’s jealous brother Rama visited the site of his sister’s exile and found a thriving planet. Overcome with rage, Rama seized the gift of life and created in his own image creatures of flesh and blood that began to grow upon the surface. Our ancestors fought long and hard against these animals, and after many years became victorious. As Lorata’s chosen fauna, we became the masters of the world which we called Vief-lora.

5. camerox

camerox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's mine.

Greeeye and the Master of the Hunt

There it was I found it resting on a stone mantelpiece over a raging fire, behind countless cold blank masks stuck in time.

“Welcoming, Welcome friends and enemies, laddis and gentlesparks, fleshbags and glitch to our merry, or for boring people unmerry, ball. As youse very well known that and to those that don’t but whom actually know today is our making day that we celebrate to. We shall party and whish for another year unlike but like the previous one.” announced a blank masked glitch, back as night was his metal and the eyes of demons.

I was like a kid before the annual hunt I could not fathom the texture or the taste of him. He jumped off the mantel and walked around, not an eye turned. He was a ghost to them and I was the exorcist ready to destroy it. It revealed its teeth each a ragged piece of razor bone and gums black and oozing bile. Silver eyes darted around and spotted, a path was calculated and slowly legs pumped.

I was at that moment in cold pursuit slowly wading through unsuspecting nobodies. The urge to run was increasing, as I could smell the rancid smell of rot and bile. It was not going to get one on me this time.

Teeth meeting flesh and claws meeting bone. Metal glistening with blood as it bit though scales. Countless cold masks stuck in time watched. The sent of blood and the sweet taste of flesh peaked my senses. It tore at my arm leaving a world of pain in its place. The thrill of battle keeping me conscious. Slashing with claw, tooth and blade and returned with claw and tooth. Speed faster than the eye as sword chimed on claw.

An unsuspecting jab sends me reeling onto the floor and sword spinning. A crazed predator jumps onto predator. Knife though unknowing hide.

Jumping back it launched bile at me piercing though my armour. Knife still in hand I jump whilst I can. Straight though the eye.

I start devouring as adrenaline pumps though me I forget about the cold masks. Each bite better than the last the succulent meat tasting better after the battle.

A cold hand interrupts my feast.

“Annoyed, you have ruined this day. We have celebrated this day for many a millennium but who is it that ruins the grand day of making. No filthy fleshbag has disturbed our ball for every day that we have celebrated. You shall feel the consequences of your merry brawl. Now guards take this man away and see too it that he does not get more blood all over the castle that is gushing merrily from where his arm used to be.” Barked a female glitch wearing fancier clothes than the others.

Blackness filled my eyes, my ears, my nose, my fingers and my tongue.

I do not recount what happed soon after this

Burnalot and Warget like this.
  6. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I guess I can share mine. I really need to improve if I want to win these contests. After reading it a couple of more times I understand why I didn't win. I kind of got nervous since this was my first time entering in this type of contest. Maybe if I actually take it more seriously I can win next time.

The Reunion by L3W

My name is Hylan and that is all I can remember from that terrible day. I awoke a few days later and was told that I was one of the few survivors who lived through the incident. The other survivors told me about the current situation of the planet. How could a planet that used to be filled with blue skies and vast oceans turn into one with green skies and poisonous oceans? I looked in the distance and noticed an industrial like city in the background. I wanted to check to see if there were more survivors like me. So, I geared up and activated my Radiation Protection tech just in case. I was told by the group of survivors that found me to be careful since a search party that went to the city never returned. I took a skyrail in that direction and I noticed below me parts of the city in ruins and lots of bones... I wonder what happened here? I explored for a bit, but there was nothing of interest. It was when it started to get dark that I noticed something was watching me. I quickly turned on my Light Rig tech and saw it moving in the shadows. I heard noises around me and pointed my plasma pistol towards that direction. Suddenly a large monster jumped at me and almost gave me heart attack! I tried to fire my gun at it, but overreacted and somehow shot myself in the foot! I dropped my gun in pain and that's when it knocked me down. It opened its maw and starting licking me, which by the way felt gross and smelled like old Apex socks. It managed to kick my gun away from me with its leg. Did it know I was trying to fire another round at it? Just as I thought I was about to get eaten whole... The beast suddenly got off me then ran away. As I tried to get up I started feeling dizzy and collapsed. All I heard faintly was a female voice saying, "Hylan is that you? It's me Rura!" After that I fell unconscious. I awoke to her changing the bandages on me. She asked if I remembered who she was, but I told her about my amnesia. Then she pulled out a picture and it showed a male and female sitting together on a bench smiling in what seemed to be a city. She said this is my fiance and he has been missing ever since that terrible day. Do you recognise him? I noticed the guy looked a lot like me and then I realised what was going on... As soon as I could find any words to say she hugged me and told me she thought she would never see me again.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Burnalot and Warget like this.
  7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

...For gosh sakes... you've got me up at 2 in the morning, reminding myself that cloning pods do not exist. Do you write horror stories often?

DragonsForce likes this.
  8. BlastYoBoots

BlastYoBoots Void-Bound Voyager

Well... I did get some experience writing and editing SCP Foundation articles, but the only ones I authored solo were more weird/interesting concepts than the site's usual horror staples.

The most popular one I wrote there was about a crop of tomatoes.

Still, I'd definitely credit the SCP Foundation for the tack I took with the 500-word story, as well as for improving my writing in general by teaching me how to build tone, flow, structure and suspense into a seemingly formulaic format. If you want to be kept up at night with existential terror in a minimum of words, you'd naught do better than reading some good SCP articles and stories. That's why I saw the Starbound contest announcement and thought, "Oh damn... nobody's going to think of taking the horror angle." Then found a concept and cackled evilly to myself for about ten minutes straight.

Flesh biomes always bugged me in-game. All those piles of bones falling about a dime a dozen, like a weird underground Halloween prank? The places just... weren't creepy enough at all. Not like they should be.

Ironbeak and Alkanthe like this.
  9. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Wait, you wrote the tomato SCP? I feel like I'm talking to a famous person. That's one of my favorites!

10. BlastYoBoots

BlastYoBoots Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks! I also do Homestuck theories. And local standup.

Whoa, wait a sec... The SCP Foundation just got done with their own 500-word story contest! Huh. *Starts reading the top entries...*

Holy crap, that first one!!! No wonder it won. I'm damned speechless. You're not going to understand that one without some serious experience with SCPs, or their potential memetic effects. And when you realize why it's a pictograph...

The second one's just friggin' hilarious. I love the discussion thread for it, too, 'specially where they allude to Richard and Sons... what an amazing article that is. (Dammit, I've got to stop going all TVTropes on these nested links, my tabcount is climbing.)

Wh--... uh... what the hell is the third one. I... I'm reading it over and over and I just... what???

I'm gonna have to read the rest of those entries, too. The SCP site has some damn fine writers concentrated in a single place. Between that and this thread, my reading material's really piling up all of a sudden.

11. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Yes, a thread for these! <3

Quote from my own thread:

Here's the story.

A tall and sturdy apex stood on a rocky hilltop, looking at a research complex in a forested valley below. His fellow revolutionaries covered behind their leader afraid to step up to a spot within sight of the Miniknog laboratory.
    First mate Maximoff approached his superior. “This is nonsense, captain. It is said this complex is impenetrable.”
    The captain stroked his beard in deep thought. “Don’t give up yet, Maxim. I’ve got a plan.”

The laboratory’s leading officer couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw a lone apex outside the main entrance holding a sign saying “DOWN BIG APE”. He couldn’t remember a protocol for situations like these. Next half an hour he spent filling forms, contacting his superiors and building up courage, before facing the mysterious apex with his most experienced guards around himself. “You are under arrest. Tell us your identity,” he commanded.

The apex grinned. “I’m rebel captain Darius Bling and this is an assault!” A dozen of yelling rebels crashed through the complex’s windows and took easily down the close-set guards.
    The officer collapsed under a punch of the captain’s hairy apex fist. “This is not how bureaucracy works!” wailed the officer from the floor.

With the victorious entrance captain Bling and his ragtag team easily reached the heart of the complex; the control center where the most valuable tech was hidden.
    Darius spoke to his comrades. “Behind that door lies the technology which will make us invincible, but also a master of deceit: Doctor Yakolovskiroff-Petrovskyvich. We mustn’t fall to his villainous mind games.” He knocked the door, and a voice behind it responded: “Who’s there?”

“Dr. Yakolov, we know you’re there. Come out now, and nobody gets hurt.”

The voice waited for an unnerving second. “I’m not Yakolov, you are.”

Darius Bling was speechless. “He’s bluffing,” Maxim assured, “Don’t trust him.” The captain agreed, but the voice was faster to reply. “I know you’re bluffing! Miniknog will never get me, you tyrants.”

“Just open the door and we’ll be over with this,” Darius said sternly.

“No can do. I can’t open this door. Wait, can’t you either?” Captain Bling pulled the handle in curiosity, opening the door smoothly.
    Behind it was a human. “You’re not Yakolov! Rebels, right? I snuck here to steal Miniknog equipment. You’re too late, I got most of it. Finders, keepers; I think you honest apes agree with that. I’ll be on my way, g’bye!” The human walked off past the crew, out of the laboratory.

The apex crew searched the room to no avail. All the valuables had been looted. Captain Bling faced the disappointed looks of his crewmembers. “I’m very sorry. Let’s keep on moving. The Resistance never dies. Everyone remember to check if Miniknog has bananas somewhere around here.”

Shortly thereafter on a spaceship above the planet, a cackling apex pulled off his human face disguise and adjusted his monocle. “Maybe next time, Captain Bling,” he said as he steepled his fingers, “Maybe next time”.

12. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

This was verrry likely less "book readins" than they were looking for, but I'm still proud of this little bit. For your amusement...

AN INTERCEPTED TRANSMISSION

“All hail Big Ape.”

“All hail Big Ape, may his hit single chart #1 forever. Captain Geba. Your report on Invasive Research Lab DA-13’s comm silence?”
    “Er, yes sir. It appears the lab has been ransacked... quite thoroughly. Anything of remote value is gone. All staff accounted for, confirmed deceased.”

“Hrrrn. Big Ape isn’t going to like that. Were you able to recover security footage? Was it a rebel cell?”

“Yes, and no, sir. They took the security cameras. And the computer banks. And the toilet. But they missed the remote black-box surveillance hub. It was a Floran attack, sir.”

“Well, thank Big Ape for small favors.At least Florans are too stupid to know what to do with anything they took, including the toilet. How many of those weeds were there?”

“...um... one, sir.”

“...Care to repeat that, Captain?”

“Not especially, sir.”

“ONE?!”

“Apparently, sir. It killed the south entrance guard before he could sound the alarm. It appears Overwatcher Bonzo was getting a frozen banana at the time.”

“The Floran should never even have gotten close enough to-”

“It… well… it had a long-range rocket launcher, sir.”

“... a long range... oh pelt lice. Floran with heavy explosives? ...Wait. Even then, the Miniknog should have been able to stop it.”

“Apparently no-one raised an alarm, sir.”

“Nobody? You’re telling me NOBODY heard a [EXPLETIVE DELETED] houseplant with a [EXPLETIVE DELETED] rocket launcher slaughter a fling-load of scientists and a highly-trained Miniknog division, Captain?”

“They’d just finished installing the Mark Three soundproofing, sir... you know, for the screaming...”

“[43 SECONDS OF EXASPERATED LAUGHTER] Okay. I’ll bite. So, Captain Geba, how did a single Floran ransack an entire complex?”

“From what we can see... it had a Matter Manipulator, sir.”

“... oh you are [EXPLETIVE DELETED] kidding me.”

“I really, really wish I was, sir.”

“Oh, chimp-biscuits. Big Ape’s gonna fling it far when he hears this.”

“Yes, sir.”

“I need some news to salvage something out of this, Captain. DA-13 had some Special Political Guests, correct?”

“Two sir, according to records.”

“Their status?”

“It took them out, sir.”

“...Captain... would you care to clarify those words?”

“Sir?”

“When you say ‘took them out’, did you mean ‘savagely murdered them in a gory display’ or ‘freed them from their cells unharmed’? And if I hear that same dumb ‘sir?’ tone out of you, I will sign you up for a Happy Vacation Package. So please, say ‘Sir’ in that damn tone again.”

“...the latter, sir.”

“[EXPLETIVE DELETED]”

“Yes, sir.”

“Know what? I’m signing up for a Happy Vacation Package myself.”

Message from Agent GD : We believe the prisoners to be Agents BB and PNT. Have not had contact yet. Need to confirm their safety. And also see if we can recruit this Floran. Or at least take some clippings.

Ah well. There are... plans for this, tho...

Tatterdemalion and Warget like this.
  13. manofbedrock

manofbedrock Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was hoping to win. Oh well. I'll blame it on third person :D

The Stargazer
    The stars twinkled in their uncertain light, flickering and glistening in the vast, cold expanse of the sky. The charred grass waved in the hard, broken winds of a silenced world. There was a frigid silence to the air, as the moon moved in that way she did. There was no sound that stood out amongst any other, no sudden stirrings or quick movements that one would not expect. Even the being that stood on the burned ground made no plights to be noticed. She simply stood where she was, her feathers blowing in the wind. She was silent as the grave, thought the grave did not have any claim of her. She simply stood where she was, feeling the wind blowing across her face. Her armor was stained with blood and splattered with ash and scratches. She paid no attention to that which was around her. She only put her interest in the past.

She the avian stood, armor cleaned and glistening in the early morning sun. In her mind she knew her intentions. She served her god and did his will in his world. For what reason he did not do his own will was not her concern. Her concern was only her devotion to that which that her god sought of her. She was an angry, unforgiving creature, the hand of that god. She served the Stargazers, those who knew the true will of that god Kluex and sought to make it a reality for his name. In her right hand she held a weapon, and in her heart she held her anger against those who would stand in the way of her god. The jets of the vessel of her retribution broke the morning calm, as her dropship began its descent towards the ground that she hated so. She leapt out of the dropship, and lifted her weapon to her shoulder, feeling her hatred burn with the fire of a vengeful deity which brought judgment upon the wicked and the heretic. The sky burned orange with fire and the ground ran red with the sins of the wicked.

A sudden sound broke the silence, stirring the ash that filled the air and littered the broken earth. She knew what it was, and knew her work was done. A light appeared over the horizon, slowly rising into the sky. It left a black trail behind it as it went heavenward. It was a sign, that her kind was no longer flightless. Her kind would not hop like the grounded, always wishing to see the face of those stars in the sky. No, her kind would see the face of those stars. They would touch the roof of the world with wings of steel. But she would not be there to join them. She reached to the comlink on her helmet.

“Stargazer 4 has ascended. Praise to Kluex.” She said.

She turned, and walked away, into the ashes. Her god had no further need of her.

Burnalot, L3W, Ironbeak and 3 others like this.
  14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Pretty good! It was a little vague toward the end, though. And many unrelated things seemed to be happening at once... It's a bit confusing, but I like the concept.

manofbedrock likes this.
  15. manofbedrock

manofbedrock Subatomic Cosmonaut

have you read the avian history pdf? It's during the Nationalist/Stargazer conflict.

16. SpiderDave

SpiderDave Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Notes: This is a short poem, probably told to frighten young and keep them in line. It could be human lore or Avian (The Grounded). As for what exactly the beast is? Something fictional and probably most similar to a cold-weather "Roc", but with seven toes. I'm not picky on the details like what it should be titled or what race it fits, but here it is:
    ---------------------------------------

Beware the beast of seven toes
    Of where the stinging current blows
    It sleeps beneath the frozen earth
    And waits for those who welcome woes

Its eyes are pitch its heart is stone
    Its den composed of ice and bone
    To those who venture far from kin
    Beware the fiend of relic throne

With seven hooks of wounding hold
    To steal the breath of heroes bold
    Reject the words inscribed within
    A terrifying end foretold

Its beak is sharp its wings are vast
    With magnitude of dire cast
    A hero's valiancy abridged
    I stand in shadow veil aghast

Burnalot, L3W, manofbedrock and 3 others like this.
  17. Ironbeak

Ironbeak Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

I love SCP. Thank you for reminding me to catch up on all these new classified objects!

18. Poldon

Poldon Void-Bound Voyager

I've never participated in a writing contest before, nor really ever finished much of anything I've tried to write. I decided to try to adapt something I've had in my head as a fragment of other stories I've been developing for this, and while I really liked how it came out, it admittedly wasn't stylistically very appropriate for Starbound, I think. I still had hopes, but I need a lot more practice.

From an unknown Grounded source
    This appears to be a translated poem or song, now prose.

Listen you of feathers fallen, lone wanderers of vast dim halls and vagabonds of haunted steps. Come hearken ‘round the hill-fire beneath waxing stars and gleaming sky for stories old retold. I sing today of a memory, of a wonder I shall never forget! Many as this are lost to us now, but the spirits of the past may linger still.

Rosegla! Rosegla! Where shall I find her now? Through barren trees on sullen breeze I heard her voice afar, in dreary nights with waning lights when the clasping chill lies thick; a drowsing spell while winter quells all life within its grip.

It was there I heard her gentle song, that for which they ever longed and burst as stars in vibrant hue, scarlet, orange, with golden dew! They broke the night with splashing light and set ablaze the haggard day! Field and forest alike they burned with the brilliance of life! A priceless gift, an offering, a wonderment born of unbound love for sleepless Eithra’s joy, I wandered amid their swaying dance and listened long to the Flame Flower’s Song.

Rosegla! How beautiful, how marvelous your forests have now become! Yet far beneath the thickening frost Eithra’s heart unmoved lies and heeds no words so sweetly sung. The wind grows muffled and falls to sleep, the colors fade, the breathing slows, the fire wanes and the flowers wither and die.

Too late she sees her beloved’s spurn, as she is torn asunder. Each autumn late when the flowers bloom, they sing and dance and wake her to life, yet the coldness of Eithra’s wintry heart slays her time and again. Forever more her love endures yet it is turned to unending grief.

Rosegla! Rosegla! Your forests are distant, the house lies empty, I stray so far and remember still. I yearn for the day I see your trees and fields again. And perhaps while I wander in cold winter nights I’ll hear the Flame Flower’s Song.

Part of the weirdness of it was that I couldn't get any sort of consistent poetry out of it, but my brain refused to just let it be prose, so I went with the excuse "It's translated, so the poetry is at least partially lost." Maybe that's okay, maybe it isn't. I wish I could do more.

19. Burnalot

Burnalot Void-Bound Voyager

Well, here is mine. Hope you lot have fun reading it. I had a lot of fun writing it. :)

It was just about noon in Dusk town, a small Novakid settlement on Andor-5. One of the biggest Desert planets in the system.
    In the local saloon a few stragglers had gathered up. Mostly because it was Monday. Nobody works on Mondays. Especially not Slagvis.
    "Another quiet day, Too quiet" Slagvis said.
    The bartender replied: "It's always quiet here because you lazy bums do not do anything".
    "Don't be sour Sahara. You know my job requires me to be ready, so pour me another drink".
    The bartender sighed and filled up his cup. "Only if you promise that this is your last" It was his 7'th this noon.
    Slagvis nodded casually. He knew his boiler would not handle another of the cheap stuff anyway.
    Suddenly a local rushed into the saloon. It was Harker, the local mechanic.
    "Slagvis! Slagvis!" He yelled. Panting as he did. "What is it this time? Did a porker steal your gears again?" Slagvis said with a smirk.
    "No Slagvis, its the Vikings! They are back!" Harker said worried.
    "It's been a week since last time they came... Darn Vikings". Slagvis said annoyed.
    He got up and put on his Gun-belt and long boots. It was time to work... on a Monday of all days.

The Vikings. A rogue group of glitch that was already inhabited here when the first settlers arrived.
    They proclaimed that it was their 'ancestral factory' in some of the old ruins near the mountains.
    It started out as a peaceful encounter, until there was an accident in the local gas mine. Since then they have been hostile and unreasonable.
    Harker believed that the miners might have hit some old machinery down there that was sacred to the Vikings, or something.
    What it really was nobody would remember anyway. Not important.

Slagvis took a quick look around town as he walked out of the saloon. Stopped and pondered a bit. He looked at the horizon.
    Then he turned and asked: "Harker, what was the problem again?". Staring dumb at the mechanic.
    Harker though for a bit. Seems he had forgotten what he just said. Then he remembered.
    "Oh yeah! The Vikings are coming!".
    "Oh, the Vikings. Well, they wont come. There is a dust storm brewing". Slagvis points at the horizon.
    A large cloud of dust and sand were whirling along the landscape. It was a big one.
    "The buckets will not be coming here. They will be too busy cleaning their metal parts for sand.
    You go back to your 'do-hicks' but do not stay out too long or that storm will catch you too" Slagvis said.
    He then turned around and walked back inside the saloon. Harker nods and walked back to his workshop.
    Sahara the bartender greeted him warmly "Welcome! Would you like a drink? First one is on the house".
    Slagvis sat down at his usual place and said: "Another quiet day, Too quiet".

20. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

So, here is my (weird) history, I hope my mode of speech will not bother you. ^^' (the title is not very original but I didn't find anything better, but the rest of the story is good)

Earth. It's been several deca-cycle that I left her. Despite what she had to offer me I dreamed of a world light-years away. A world where past mistakes are not repeated, a world without monetary system, without greed, without violence, without government. A world where all species could live in harmony. I have traveled across the galaxy with my old friend Enkiyr Magmos and two of his friends; Pluto and Charon.

We first create a lab on Alpha Epsilon Sct 947 I c. Over time we have recruited two hybrid with whom we founded the Plasma Bird laboratories. We left our old base and together we traveled the Galaxy until we found the perfect place. A distant and unlisted solar system. We installed our laboratories on a alien moon of a white streaked-blue jovian planet we’ve called Gamma Snowball VIII.

Once the lab was finished, we start the final project, colonize Gamma Snowball VIII. We have mined colossal amounts of metals on a dying planet with which we have built floating radiation condensers in the radiation area of the planet, the condensers use part of the radioactive energy to float and the rest was sent to high frequency floating buildings. It was hard but for scientists with Matter-Manipulator it was not impossible. Two Earth months later, we arrived to create a floating village with enough place for hundred people.

But one last problem persisted : how to maintain peace and avoid the mistakes of the past ? As scientists we had the same idea : to change our DNA with a precision beam. So we built the outpost Vesper II in the only area of safe access to our planet, from here, impossible to pass without changing DNA. Years later, our village became a city filled with varied creatures dreaming of a world of peace. Our world was a haven of peace in the galactic conflict. We have high-technology hospital, giant gardens, (and vegetables gardens too), schools for all level and all professions, and all kind of knowledge, books and TV shows. Many poets have been attracted by this city who seems so unreal. Sometimes we send shuttle and we searching new peoples who want a better life.

This was the genesis of the void.

Try to be nice, it's not very easy to write this kind of story. ^^'

Burnalot, Warget and DragonsForce like this.