1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound pre-order news around the Net

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Alluvian_Est-Endrati, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

A couple new entries added to the toplist. Most are just a regurgitation of the same basic info, some add a little spin here and there of course.

2. NickName

NickName Cosmic Narwhal

3. Azharot

Azharot Void-Bound Voyager

Game seems ‘bound’ for success, meteoric success!

Shippo likes this.
  4. petelectro

petelectro Subatomic Cosmonaut

5. NickName

NickName Cosmic Narwhal

Found a german one but the quality of the content is not so good in my opinion.
    http://www.getgaming.de/news/2013/0...bestellbar?destination=node/2708&6f2f_name=f0

Translation: With Terraria Re-Logic created some kind of "2D Minecraft", which was very popular on steam. Meanwhile the game is avalable for Playstaytion3 and Xbox too, but the actual Desinger isn't workin anymore on it. In past year he founded a new Studio and since then worked on Starbound. Which you can call Terraria 2 at the first look.
    The typical Grafic style, the typical 2D world, but nevertheless behind starbound will be more. A bigger Terraria with more opportunities. The Release is planned for this year and YOU can help, so the game is finished earlyer than expected. Since today you can Preorder Starbound for 15$, a 4-Pack is avalable for 45$. Included the game (after it is complete), the the near future starting Beta [Who said that?] and the offical soundtrack. There are even bigger Packs, if you want more Goodies and Gimmicks.
    For example: for 500$ you get the game, a special badge in the forum, a NPC with your name and your name in the credits and you can desing a new hat which will be implemented in the game. At this moment over 7000 People supported Starbound financially which makese a sum of 170,000$. More Informations on the offical Website

Sorry if there are translation errors i don't do that often. And i think the article contains some false information.
    It seems like the guy who has written the artikle thought Tiy was the main developer of Terraria and that starbound is a sequel. Which is wrong i think.

DevonDe likes this.
  6. Kreuz Drache

Kreuz Drache Big Damn Hero

I'm surprise Valve doesn't mentioned the game via Steam. Yeah, the preorder is not through their service, but it's still going to be release on Steam when it is finally released. Could have been good to raise awareness and hype to get more interested into the game.

7. liamdawe

liamdawe Subatomic Cosmonaut

8. darthfreezen

darthfreezen Void-Bound Voyager

All of these journalists think everyone is exited about "how close it is to minecraft and terraria", but there is so much more than building im exited about

Braxtrose and Shippo like this.
  9. NickName

NickName Cosmic Narwhal

liamdawe likes this.
  10. liamdawe

liamdawe Subatomic Cosmonaut

So you did hah thanks!

canbecoffee likes this.
  11. Wolfies93

Wolfies93 Void-Bound Voyager

12. dead_videos

dead_videos Big Damn Hero

I may not be a journalist but i also covered the pre-order in a video on my channel.
    Link if your interested: http://t.co/1xlfvIE3Lj

i also yelled at everyone who watches my videos to go pre-order :D
    i should mention that the video name says Dark cloud 2, but its only like 2 minutes of dark cloud 2 the other 26 minutes are me talking about starbound

ST4TICStriker likes this.
  13. flamedance58

flamedance58 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

One thing I'm afraid of? Yahtzee reviewing this game and giving the same response as he did to Terraria.

ST4TICStriker and canbecoffee like this.
  14. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

It's accurate in spirit which is all that matters. Like it or not, Minecraft and Terraria are about all there is to compare Starbound to, in much the same way old arena/gritty first person shooters used to be considered "Doomlike" or "Quakelike" before the genre exploded with all manner of spinoffs.

The idea that needs to be gotten across is that Starbound is a sandbox game where you can build, explore and fight, across various planets set in a classic Sci-Fi universe. As long as this is achieved in some manner, it's good publicity.

ST4TICStriker likes this.
  15. flamedance58

flamedance58 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

16. canbecoffee

canbecoffee Orbital Explorer

OH GOD BADGES EVERYWHERE :O :gooby:

NickName likes this.
  17. Blankness

Blankness Void-Bound Voyager

Dammit I wanted to be the one to spam him!

I would have been all like:

"Why not mention it on Content patch?"
    And he would have been like:
    "wow, what a amazing idea. I like the way you message me, why don't we hang out and go bowling?"
    .................:(

18. NickName

NickName Cosmic Narwhal

Said Mr. 3x Badge

Braxtrose likes this.
  19. Nevos

Nevos Aquatic Astronaut

So much for quality news, these individuals can't see to put any effort into reporting this properly. Still the pre-ordering seems to be a huge success, I'm definitely hoping the fossils make it into the game.

20. dead_videos

dead_videos Big Damn Hero

This is my thought exactly, i might put out a video on my channel that is just an hour of me talking about everything we know so far. and just selling the crap out of the game :D

Nevos and Keadin like this.