1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound On Ps4

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by g3n0k1n, Feb 4, 2016.

1. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Nope, not at all.

2. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

It was formally announced....even had a trailer with the blue PS4 theme.....but that was a VERY long time ago. 2013 iirc.....but still an official announcement of Starbound going to PS4.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I did get a reply back from Mollygos, and she says that it's something they'll be looking into post-1.0.

4. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Well in the update where the Xbox version was announced it was said that they picked Xbox first because of its newly announced Early Access type program but that other consoles are not out of the question. I imagine that the full game launch will be the same for Xbox and PS4 some time after PC.

5. ValeYard13

ValeYard13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it's only a 'matter of time' until Starbound gets a full release on all current consoles. Xbox early access first, the others will follow. However, that's all pretty contingent on when 1.0 is ready. For me, I just hope it's not too long, as there are some pretty good games coming out later on in the year that will take most of my time. Can someone just press that 'Convert to Console Version' button already? ;)

DarthTrethon likes this.
  6. Tora40K

Tora40K Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Guys, I bought Starbound a very long time ago, but will be a PS4 release soon? I don't find any Informations about that despite this Sony E3 Trailer from 2014. :)
    Thank you very much.

7. Jonesy

It's something the devs will be looking into post-1.0. So, stay tuned after that.

8. xan713

xan713 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Starbound coming to console(s)? I hope that'll happen.

If there's one or two things I'd hope that they'd work on for something like that..

-Follow what Bethesda are doing and opt for dev-approved mod support, like Fallout 4 is getting for all platforms. That would be amazing, accessing a sub-menu and downloading approved mods to play on my Xbox One or PS4. Just think of how well that would extend the life of the game itself.
    -A smart phone app that mimics Smart-TV multiscreen, so that we can type with it - rather than having to resort to the slow controller input of the console keyboard. That would definitely speed up social interactions.

But I know, asking for that is asking a lot, and probably won't ever happen :p

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  9. MoStLy_aWaKE

MoStLy_aWaKE Void-Bound Voyager

I like to just plug a keyboard into my PS4.

10. ValeYard13

ValeYard13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

We must be close to the Xbox Game Preview Program release now?! I keep checking everyday now after they recently showed it off at Rezzed.

11. Brinonymous

Brinonymous Void-Bound Voyager

To that I say...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...5cNdPz1pI5us3lQHAcoe_g&bvm=bv.127178174,d.eWE

12. Jonesy

13. xan713

xan713 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I looked at the URL and it posts to "Starbound E3 2014 | PS4" posted by the official PlayStation channel.

While I think about it, this forum has been way too quiet lately, and if they're going to release this on consoles, the devs should add in a sign-up log in form for the console versions (like in Prison Architect) which links to these forums, and gives other in-game benefits for signing up and participating here regularly.

Don't miss that opportunity, CF.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  14. Jonesy

Right. It's irrelevant anyway, since the devs will be looking into console ports post-1.0. Until they announce something, nothing's really being accomplished here.

15. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

If I recall, the video was posted on the original playstarbound.com blog back in the day though, not long after said article and video were shown.
    I also recall that Tiy spoke about it both over twitter and the old dev updates he used to contribute to himself, not long after teasing the official PSN forums personally.

From my recollection, the announcement caused a stir here, as things often do. Molly and/or Tiy ended up posting an official response that covered that news among other pressing questions at the time.
    The overall statement was that Starbound was coming to "Playstation" Development would not begin until Starbound was completed. Staff working on the PC version would not be compromised.

Now, it may not have been announced officially, say in a PR release for an actual playstation version, but it most certainly was mentioned and spoken about in an official capacity in terms of community interaction.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset and understand that things change (Chucklefish was very different back then) I just wanted to throw my hat in and say it was a little bit more than a passing legend, at least back then.

(It was a pretty chaotic time, with the console giants in full PR mode for new products and programs, it was hard to nail down a lot of things across the board)

Edit: Sorry, not trying to make things worse.
    Don't any of you's be stealing my mind thoughts for your arguments.:urgh:

16. Jonesy

Look, we can sit here all night and pick apart various statements, but it's a waste of time. The devs will work on it when they're ready, as has always been the intention. Let's just leave it at that.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  17. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

What's the problem with theorizing and sharing thoughts?

Your two thread replies look like attempts to kill the conversation, and it's not the first time that I've seen you do that without a real reason.

It may be that there's lack of information, but why can't we just share thoughts and theorize, even do some detective work without you telling us that it's all irrelevant and pointless?

I am really sorry to tell you, and i know that i'm walking on thin ice, but i rarely see positive posts by your majesty kangaroo in specific, and i'm really startin' to worry 'bout it.

Commander Zen likes this.
  18. Jonesy

To be honest, the whole PS4 thing frustrates me a bit. The original PS4 announcement was a long time ago, and plans have changed since then. Currently, it's something the devs will be looking into post-1.0, as has always been the case. But that hasn't stopped people from bringing up outdated information.

You can discuss it all you want, but I honestly believe the best course of action is to patiently wait for the devs to release 1.0 and turn some attention to console ports.

Commander Zen and Another Kevin like this.
  19. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

That's sad to hear, spreading frustration wasn't anybody's interest here, thanks for the honesty though.:)

I guess you're right anyways. Gotta wait for that 1.0 release, but hey, we're just doing what the devs are doing :

Planning the future, ladies n gentlemen :proper:

20. bladrajr7

bladrajr7 Void-Bound Voyager

still would been cool if they at least to give either a heads up or a reason why its not on for ps3, xbox and ps4 otherwise this will cause people to believe they dont keep their word and do harm to their reputation and reduce chances of future chances of more people getting the game