1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

There is also this http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/list-of-client-and-server-commands.78740/

Oh no, they are regaining sentience.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  2. Zippinatora

Zippinatora Void-Bound Voyager

So are the core fragments that the AI is talking about when you try to repair the thrusters actually scattered around the starting planet

3. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

They're towards the bottom of the planet. Digging is required.

4. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

I apologize for my fellow human beings.

"Core fragments near the core? Inconceivable".

5. This game involves digging? When did that happen? Why wasn't I informed?!

6. Fiben Bolger

If only a few more people committed to pre-purchase, the Crust to Core Elevators stretch-goal would have been a reality.

Serenity, DevonDe and Yzzey like this.
  7. Was that really a stretch goal? Don't remember seeing anything about that.

Maxwell Demonic and Fiben Bolger like this.
  8. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah how silly of someone to not know you need to dig really deep now in a game where you've barely needed to scratch the surface to get ores for over half a year now.

9. linkthegamer

Fiben is a jokester.

No, it was never a stretch goal, the 3 official goals were Pets, Fossils, and Novakids.

I wonder, how awkward is it going from playing nightly to the old stable. Have to unlearn all the new things and what not.

10. Fiben Bolger

"Jokester".

I'm going to give you the benefit of my doubt and just assume you didn't intend that as minimizing.Thanks for the compliment?

I am incapable of dealing with this kind of post without getting myself in some kind of trouble. Can anybody help me out here?

DevonDe likes this.
  11. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

I know that feeling, I struggled not to call anyone out on their blatantly jerkish behaviour over someone just asking a question.

12. Fiben Bolger

yclatious, DevonDe and Blake81 like this.
  13. Oh @Fiben Bolger, you say all the things I want to but don't have the patience to be reported for <3

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  14. SugarShow

SugarShow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dawn of the planets of the comics apes coming soon tomorrow

15. linkthegamer

Ah, sorry, didn't mean for that to sound insulting. Just meant you like to joke around sometimes.

16. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

By using a Super FIshaxe, the /fullbright code and the x1 Zoom Trick (works in nightly, but expect a major slowdown) I've noticed something interesting on the two planets I've managed to visit (the FTL CTD bug and the strange reason I can't travel between solar systems even after using the FTLrepair kit have stopped me from checking others) it seems that there's been a dramatic increase in the number of treasure chests underground. Although, sadly, haven't seen too much variety of dungeons (so far, I've only seen over a dozen Sewer Mini-Dungeons, nothing else).

Also, is anyone else annoyed by the fact you can no longer mine anything out of Fine Sand or Gravel even with a Diamond Drill?

17. Yeah, I think that's their answer to the "desert planet mining is OP" complaint

18. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

does the new nightly have the tile rendering thing added in?
    i dont see a fps boost at all

@Tiy you lied to me DX

19. aprhend1

aprhend1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Whenever i try to fly to somewhere my ship gets stuck in the flying animation, anyone have any fixes for this?

20. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Well, now that the FTL bug is mostly fixed, I've been able to do some serious travelling.

Found an outpost at last, but none of the auto doors worked; they were all stuck in the open position. Still, place looked quite cool and I can't wait to see it finished. I also noticed that there was no ore or anything at all in the meteoric rock under said outpost. Yet, I believe this must be intentional, as it wouldn't be good to have everyone mining away the Outpost's supports.

Also, stumbled upon an Avian village and discovered something strange. All of the weapon merchants are selling lots and lots of Perfectly Generic Items, while the clothes merchants sell only one color of cloth. Guess it's all -todo- in here. Still, I noticed most of the produce vendors now sell Milk, Eggs and Raw Fish as well as their usual fruits. This is a rather nice development as originally you could only get Milk by looting Apex freezers and Raw FIsh and Eggs weren't included at all.