1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. aprhend1

aprhend1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ohkeydoke, thanks for the help. Also im stuck at the point in the game where you need to repair your FTL drive, anyone know how to do that?

2. Noobih

Noobih Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Spawn a ship upgrade item, using /spawnitem shipT3 for the basic ship, it goes up to T8 for the biggest ship. Make sure the T is capitalized.

3. aprhend1

Thanks! ^^:giggle:

4. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

looks what i found it the latlest nightly
    [​IMG]

5. aprhend1

Is it just me or do outpost stores not work?

6. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Poptops!!!

They likely have not finished the store interface for them. I don't know though i have not got to play,

7. FloranFighter

FloranFighter Subatomic Cosmonaut

I haven't seen this anywhere on this post, unsure if it's even the right place for this, but when you drop ores on death, there seems to be a 50/50 chance for them to not actually spawn as objects

8. PartyAlarm

PartyAlarm A "Cool" "Good" poster.

Cave gen owns now. I've been exploring the starting planet undergound for the past 20 minutes and it's such a huge improvement! Even ran into one of Armagon's minidungeons. Now we just need more things down there for atmosphere!

9. IdentityNon

IdentityNon Astral Cartographer

I'd argue we need actual meaningful reason to explore. Procedural generated maps and dungeons don't fix the problem of having seen it once having seem them all because the assets get reused in very similar patterns.

UndeadRuckus likes this.
  10. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

you can spawn the new flying mobs with
    /spawnmonster largeflying
    they are awesome looking

DevonDe likes this.
  11. StarKaiser

StarKaiser Big Damn Hero

can i take a look from a Screenshot and thank you :) it would make things more fun..

12. FloranFighter

FloranFighter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is there any way to legitimately advance past iron right now?

13. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

One thing I realized is that characters are completely invincible. While this makes exploring easier, it becomes literally impossible to use the new blocking mechanisms in combat. Also, the game is noticeably more laggy for me. Is anyone else experiencing that too?

14. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

rilly? it seems faster for me
    gonna wait till whats-her-face to finsh opimising

15. PartyAlarm

PartyAlarm A "Cool" "Good" poster.

By default debug mode is enabled. Turn it off with /ruinthefun. Check the wiki on admin commands

16. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Can someone link me to a list of all the commands?

17. Mackerel II

Mackerel II Void-Bound Voyager

MysticMalevolence and Yzzey like this.
  18. aprhend1

After the most recent nightly build the game seams to crash after trying to fly somewhere in my ship.

19. Llefty

Llefty Void-Bound Voyager

I did type /ruinthefun, and monsters can hit me now. Sorry, I'm still a bit new to this haha

20. I've found the birds to be a little smarter, I have to stop jumping for a moment before they come down low enough to be hit.