1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Your image is borked, mate!

Serenity likes this.
  2. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

You can't do that because of a technical limitation due to walking forward can bring you back to the start simulating a round planet. In order to be able to drill to another side there would have to have a limit on each end to be able to do that. Or some sort of programming that has yet to be created.

3. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

Dest likes this.
  4. Kentoz

Kentoz Subatomic Cosmonaut

My guess is they're going super heavy on the dungeons that've been mentioned, so there's been no progress on anything unrelated to them. I seem to recall it being said the devs didn't want to spoil what sort of other dungeons are being done till they're ready, so, since presumably, there's been no work done on anything unrelated, there's thus been no update.

5. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

but isnt that the point of the nightlys ._.

Elate likes this.
  6. Lazogna

Lazogna Contact!

Transportation tube through my home planet...that sounds incredibly awesome.[DOUBLEPOST=1409731031][/DOUBLEPOST]
    But all the planets have a set diameter, bigger planets take longer to circumnavigate.. Aside from somehow figuring out how to flip gravity idunno if it is so impossible.

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Perhaps, but If it was in progress, then wouldn't we not be able to see it fully anyway or something similar?

Nightly builds are an automatic download that, well, occurs nightly, this was interrupted somehow. I was of the impression that the nightly upload process would accept even an unplayable result, so this process may have been interrupted for certain reasons.

It's not totally unheard of, but clarification might be needed.

8. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Akado likes this.
  9. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Strong Bad says: The System is down!

I actually don't play nightlies and so I have absolutely no clue about any of this. I just wanted to try and be funny =/

10. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

It turned out to be an issue with the older version of libc++ (for 10.7) also not supporting atomic_store and atomic_load operations (just like g++ 4.8 and 4.9). Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Lintton likes this.
  11. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

anytime omni :rofl:

12. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

I've been surveying the weather icons on the navigation UI, and I think I've got a full list of the weather icons compiled here. Did I miss any?
    [​IMG]

13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Dude cloud = (the ground fog weather)
    And I thought acid had a downpour version?
    Also, did meteors ever get that loud explosion sound before their arrival setup?

14. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

Right you are. I also forgot hail.
    [​IMG]

15. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

your missing acid storm, heavy rain and heavy acid rain
    then again idk if they are in the game (i think they are)

nevermind they arnt ingame yet

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  16. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

I might be wrong, but wasn't there a different icon for giant meteor storms? (Or small ones, depending on which picture you have.)

17. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

nope they both use the same one

18. Learner

Learner Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is very unhelpful, as I still do not know what that symbol is.

If I wanted to find an outpost gate, how would I know which planet it was on? Because for some reason, I don't think any of the icons would be put under 'weather', and this flaming satellite, looks like it's only crashing down anyhow.

Also, are the gates really in the sky somewhere?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  19. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

its not hard =p
    [​IMG]
    thats an outpost
    the planet is the outpost
    or the outpost gate

20. Learner

Learner Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ah. My galaxy does not have one of those. My A.I. keeps talking about a 'gate' though, so I refer to my 2nd question. Are those teleporting gates supposedly in the sky somewhere, and if so, how am I suppose to get to it, let alone find it?!