1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starbound Mod Manager - Archive Thread

Discussion in 'Other' started by KrazyTheFox, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It appears to be looking in the wrong folder for our mods. Its also worth noting that it only modifies the win32/bootstrap.config, but im not sure if this is because i selected Windows OS during the first startup. There's 3 bootstrap files.

Actually, the bootstrap is not editing properly. Its not valid jSON
    Code:
        "../assets",
        "../mods/mattermanipulatorplus.zip"

2. KrazyTheFox

KrazyTheFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It only edits for the OS you selected. Is that the entire bootstrap file or just the assets portion?

Edit: And what would be the correct JSON for that?

Code:
    {
      "assetSources" : [
        "../assets",
        "../mods/A Test Mod"
      ],
      "storageDirectory" : ".."
    }

That works for me and loads the mod correctly in game.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  3. Xuhybrid

That's the whole file.
    It should be something like this;
    Code:
    {
      "assetSources":[
        "../mods/Starloader/mods/xuhybrid-mattermanipulatorplus",
        "../mods/Starloader/mods/xuhybrid-techbypass",
        "../assets"
      ],
      "storageDirectory":".."
    }
    Ive taken this from the other modloader that ive been playing with.

4. KrazyTheFox

Huh. It should not be outputting that. It uses whatever data was already in your bootstrap file (which I should probably change), so if it was incomplete for whatever reason before, it'll output an incomplete file. I'll go add in the default values, since I don't need to actually read the file anyway. Download will be updated in a couple minutes.

5. KrazyTheFox

Updated. It shouldn't do that anymore and will write a fresh file with every modification to ensure things work.

6. Xuhybrid

Alright, thats working as intended now.
    Couple other problems though.
    • Your program creates a folder called mattermanipulatorplus.zip, instead of an actual zip archive. Should be easy enough to remove .zip or replace it with _zip
    • The mods folder inside your program folder gets a copy of the .zip i put in there, but it then puts the mods in '../mods/[modfolder]'. Are there plans to be able to customise this location?
    Im glad to see this shaping up. After the core functionality is in place, file merging should be a top priority.
    Thanks!

7. KrazyTheFox

File merging will indeed be the top priority. Since everything's in valid JSON, it should be relatively trivial to implement this correctly.

The way the manager creates mod folders currently is to use the name provided in the mod.dat file, and if none is given, it uses the archive's name. Once I get things squared away more, I'll work on making the generated folder names for mods without a specified name a bit prettier.

As for the locations, they'll all be able to be customized. I'll be adding a button to modify the configuration (similar to the first run of the program) without having to delete anything. Also coming is a refresh button to load any new mods in your folders without having to restart the program.

Oh, and thanks for all the help! You've been super awesome.

8. Xuhybrid

No problem!

Ive come up with a beta version of each of my mods with a file structure that will be able to support manual installation, modloader installation and future proofed for player.config file merging. If we can standardise a file structure for both manual and automatic installation using modloaders soon, then mod creators can create compatible mods from the get go. Allow me to share the beta versions of my mods, with a reformatted file structure and mod support.
    Please let me know if you have any tweaks or suggestions based on these files. They are just beta versions right now so when ive gotten feedback ill update my nexusmods files.

KrazyTheFox likes this.
  9. XerX

XerX Void-Bound Voyager

Nevermind. Seems to be working now. Everything works the way it should, and I'm happy with the result. :D

10. KrazyTheFox

Awesome! Super happy to hear that.

I really like all of that. The preview image, especially, which I'll have to figure out how to integrate. Seems fairly future-proof to me as well. This gets my support.

11. pacN

pacN Industrial Terraformer

I am still getting this error every time I run the manager
    [​IMG]

12. Dukko

Dukko Void-Bound Voyager

Same here, Exception.

Here's the log:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.javafx.main.Main.launchApp(Main.java:698)
    at com.javafx.main.Main.main(Main.java:871)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(Unknown So
    urce)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.io.Reader.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at application.Configuration.firstRun(Unknown Source)
    at application.Configuration.load(Unknown Source)
    at application.ModManager.start(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl$5.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$5.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$4$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$4$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication$3$1.run(Unknown Source)
    ... 1 more

13. KrazyTheFox

Ah, whoops. I'm 99% sure I know what's wrong here and what I broke. I'll get a fix up tomorrow.

14. KrazyTheFox

Sorry for the wait again! The download has been updated with the fix for this. It should *finally* work for you.

15. Vaalis

Vaalis Space Hobo

will it support mods compressed in .rar format?

EDIT:

Downloaded new version, the java error is fixed, good job! Now I just have to reformat all these mods to be compatible.

EDIT 2:

For some reason the version number is not being read, I'm using this code:

{
    "internal-name": "author-modname",
    "name": "Pretty mod name",
    "version": "1.0.0",
    "description": "A concise description of what the mod does!",
    "author": "Author name",
    "url": "A url to the mod's or author's homepage"
    }

16. KrazyTheFox

I can look at adding that, but no guarantees. The highest priority right now is getting json merging done so mod conflicts will be reduced massively. That's what I'm working on right at this moment. I've added your request to my to-do list, though.

17. pacN

pacN Industrial Terraformer

The mod manager works BUT it doesn't edit the "player.config". I still have to manually add everything I wanna be able to craft and such.

18. KrazyTheFox

It's not designed to edit the player.config yet. I'm working on mod merging right now, but it's going to be a little bit before it's ready for use.

19. AgentOrange0x78

AgentOrange0x78 Void-Bound Voyager

It starts and I can install mods but clicking "launch Starbound" still produces this error
    Code:
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/Users/AgentOrange0x78/Library/Application": error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:615)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:448)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:345)
        at application.ModManager.launchGame(Unknown Source)
        at application.ModManager$4.handle(Unknown Source)
        at application.ModManager$4.handle(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:69)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:217)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:170)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:38)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:37)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:92)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:35)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:92)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:53)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:28)
        at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:171)
        at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:6863)
        at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:179)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:193)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.SkinBase$4.handle(SkinBase.java:336)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.SkinBase$4.handle(SkinBase.java:329)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:64)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:217)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:170)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:38)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:37)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:35)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:53)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:33)
        at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:171)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3328)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3168)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1900(Scene.java:3123)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1563)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2265)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:250)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:173)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:292)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:528)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:922)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:135)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:130)
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1021)
        ... 46 more

20. KrazyTheFox

It looks like you're using linux, is that correct? I don't have any experience with launching programs from the terminal on either linux or Macs, so I'm fairly certain that the commands for that are broken. Would you mind sharing with me how you'd run Starbound from the terminal if you know how so I can fix that?

---

In other news, I've manged to get my json parser up and running. Half the battle has been won towards getting mod merging to work.