1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starbound Mod Manager - Archive Thread

Discussion in 'Other' started by KrazyTheFox, Dec 8, 2013.

1. AgentOrange0x78

AgentOrange0x78 Void-Bound Voyager

Same issue. Heres the exception on OSX. It does create an empty config file and a folder called 'null' if that helps.

Code:
    Exception in Application start method
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
        at com.javafx.main.Main.launchApp(Main.java:642)
        at com.javafx.main.Main.main(Main.java:805)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:403)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.access$000(LauncherImpl.java:47)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl$1.run(LauncherImpl.java:115)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.krazyweb.starbound.modmanager.ModManager.start(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl$5.run(LauncherImpl.java:319)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$5.run(PlatformImpl.java:215)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$4$1.run(PlatformImpl.java:179)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$4$1.run(PlatformImpl.java:176)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$4.run(PlatformImpl.java:176)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:76)
    2013-12-09 18:19:26.023 java[4959:2517] [JRSAppKitAWT markAppIsDaemon]: Process manager already initialized: can't fully enable headless mode.
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
        at com.javafx.main.Main$2.run(Main.java:881)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:241)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:727)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:688)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:686)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:697)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)
    Caused by: java.awt.HeadlessException
        at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:207)
        at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:535)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:420)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:385)
        at javax.swing.SwingUtilities$SharedOwnerFrame.<init>(SwingUtilities.java:1759)
        at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.getSharedOwnerFrame(SwingUtilities.java:1834)
        at javax.swing.JOptionPane.getRootFrame(JOptionPane.java:1697)
        at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:863)
        at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:667)
        at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:638)
        ... 19 more

Mac:Starbound AgentOrange0x78$ java -version
    java version "1.7.0_13"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_13-b20)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

...My hero.
    *Installs.*
    I am no longer afraid of breaking my game.

3. KrazyTheFox

KrazyTheFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So far I haven't been able to fix this latest issue. It's going to take some time. I know what's going wrong, but I don't know why, and I can't find anyone else who's had this problem before.

4. AgentOrange0x78

Whats the problem your having?

5. KrazyTheFox

The .jar generated by the build process isn't loading the resources packaged with it, but it works fine in the IDE.

6. AgentOrange0x78

Are you using eclipse? If you export the jar via the export menu under file you can choose what resources to export.

7. KrazyTheFox

Unfortunately with JavaFX, I have to run it through a build process instead of just exporting the project to a runnable jar. I've never worked with this before so I'm very in the dark about what exactly isn't working here.

8. Orclev

Orclev Space Spelunker

Running into this error as well. Never used JavaFX myself, but I'll crack the jar open and see if anything jumps out at me.

On a related note, what packaged resource is it failing to load? Looking at what's in the jar it seems like the only thing included in the jar are the class files and the manifest. I notice that the config.ini being generated by the app is empty and I suspect that's what's causing the failure. Is the issue with resource loading responsible for the null config file?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  9. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Two questions. Any plans to upload this to nexusmods? I trust that place more than random upload websites and im sure many other people do too. Does your mod.dat really have to have [SIZE] tags or is that a mistake in your post?

Bugs

I open the Mod Manager.jar, select Windows as my platform, select my game folder, then i get "Exception while running Application". The only file created was an empty config.ini, however, running the application again doesn't load anything, but it created a 'null' folder with player and universe folders inside.

Deleting the config.ini allows me to start from scratch and reselect Windows OS and my game folder.

Hopefully this helps you narrow down the problem.

10. KrazyTheFox

I can get the defaultconfig.ini to work, but the rest is hit or miss.

I know the source of the problem, and I may have a fix, but it looks like it'll be tomorrow before I get it done. I'll definitely be uploading this to the Nexus once this is ready, which is clearly isn't at this point in time. Oh, and the size tags are formatting errors in the main post.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  11. Xuhybrid

Cool, looking forward to it. Im happy to collaborate with this mod because it looks professional, as long as its functional of course! I can see this modloader becoming popular. Perhaps we could have some cross-promotion once i get my mod updated to support it? On that note, could i request that mod data be stored in a file like author.mod or something similar? .dat files are an existing filetype and i don't want their to be clashes or confusion around the use of the file.

12. KrazyTheFox

Sure, I can work that in instead.

Edit: in fact, I'll just have it look for any single file with "mod.*" as its name.

13. Black--snow

Black--snow Cosmic Narwhal

@KrazyTheFox I know it's quite trivial, but could you add a line in the mod.dat for us to specify the location of our Assets folder?

For example:
    Mod.zip/StarboundMod/Assets

It would just make it easier for people who don't use the mod manager to just chuck it in and change the bootstrap manually....

I also may just want it because of my OCD... :rofl:

14. Xuhybrid

I figure it'd be better to write it in jSON notation too, considering how every other file in Starbound is configured...
    Code:
    {
        "name": "Matter Manipulator Plus",
        "description": "Provides a full set of upgradable Mass Manipulators, in parallel to the normal pickaxes.",
        "author": "Xuhybrid",
        "version": "1.1",
        "url": ""
    }

15. KrazyTheFox

I can see about adding something like that.

Also a good point. I'm adding in a json library soonish anyway for when I'll be working in file merges.

16. KrazyTheFox

Alright, everyone. Try the download now. I came back to it with a clear head and some calmed nerves and I think I finally found and fixed the issue. None of the requested features have been added yet, but I've managed to get the program running correctly on my machine.

17. Xuhybrid

Seems to be working. One thing that is more for convenience... once i have selected my Game Folder, clicking Add New Mod requires me navigate the windows explorer back into my Steam folder etc. Could the default folder start at the Starbound directory we set please? Just a minor issue in the grand scheme but should be easy enough lol.

18. KrazyTheFox

That's yet another good idea. :p
    I haven't looked at it to see if that's possible, but I'd be very surprised if it wasn't. I'll add this to the growing to-do list of things to work on tomorrow. I'll see about adding a setting to choose which folder it starts you off at.

Glad it's finally working!

19. XerX

XerX Void-Bound Voyager

Didn't work for me. When I clicked "Launch Starbound" it never launched it. And when I first started it up it never asked me if I was using Windows/Linux/Mac, like before, which is why it isn't working for me.

20. KrazyTheFox

Can you run it from your command line for me (java -jar "Mod Manager.jar") and tell me what error it gives you?

ErekoseDM likes this.