1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starbound Mod Manager - Archive Thread

Discussion in 'Other' started by KrazyTheFox, Dec 8, 2013.

1. KrazyTheFox

KrazyTheFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. SethKipz

SethKipz Aquatic Astronaut

It's lauching the java runtime just fine, I'm just not getting any GUI popping up, or anything for that matter.

3. KrazyTheFox

It may be starting up behind other windows if you have something on top of it. I'm looking for other things that might be causing it to not work at the moment.

4. jshreder

jshreder Orbital Explorer

I am having the same problem. I launched it using command prompt prompt and java -jar but I get this error:
    Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoa
    der.java:58)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Application launch error
            at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl$1.run(LauncherImpl.java:122)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._
    invokeLater(Ljava/lang/Runnable;)V
            at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._invokeLater(Native Method)
            at com.sun.glass.ui.Application.invokeLater(Application.java:338)
            at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.defer(QuantumToolkit.java:62
    0)
            at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.runLater(PlatformImpl.java:17
    3)
            at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.runAndWait(PlatformImpl.java:
    212)
            at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.tkExit(PlatformImpl.java:320)

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherIm
    pl.java:421)
            at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.access$000(LauncherImpl.java:
    47)
            at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl$1.run(LauncherImpl.java:115)
            ... 1 more

5. KrazyTheFox

That helps immensely, thanks! I'll update when I have a fix for this.

jshreder likes this.
  6. pacN

pacN Industrial Terraformer

Can't wait to try this out!

7. AgentOrange0x78

AgentOrange0x78 Void-Bound Voyager

Just letting you know in OSX and Linux's file paths need to be escaped. I've got OSX and in ModManager line 531
    Code:
    This line:

rt.exec("open" + Configuration.starboundFolder.getAbsolutePath() + File.separator + "Starbound.app");

generates the following string for exec

open /Users/AgentOrange0x78/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/Starbound.app

when you should be generating this

open /Users/AgentOrange0x78/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/Starbound.app

Notice the '\' between 'Application' and 'Support', otherwise you hit launch you get this error

Code:
    The files /Users/AgentOrange0x78/Library/Application and /Users/AgentOrange0x78/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/Starbound.app do not exist.

8. KrazyTheFox

Oh, thanks! I'll add that in in a few.

The download's the same place, but has been updated. Can you give that a try for me and see if it fixes things?

9. pacN

The jar still launches the java pricess but no GUI is popping up. I'm not even getting any error.

I'm on windows 7 Ultimate.

10. KrazyTheFox

Alright, I think I have a working version now, but I have to go to the store to pick up things for dinner. Poor timing, I know. I'll upload it once I'm back in under an hour.

Thanks for being patient with me, guys! First time trying to use this gui framework.

jshreder likes this.
  11. jshreder

jshreder Orbital Explorer

Thanks man, I'm really looking forward to using this!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  12. AgentOrange0x78

AgentOrange0x78 Void-Bound Voyager

No problem. Glad to see a clean multi-platform solution so soon.

13. Jermatoo

Jermatoo Void-Bound Voyager

Tried installing this mod with the manager and got these two errors when it gets to the loading screen once I start up the game from the launcher.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. KrazyTheFox

Unfortunately, that's a problem with either the mod or Starbound itself.

For everyone else, I've uploaded another new version. See if that fixes anything for all of you.

15. SethKipz

You didn't update the link, simply the text on top of it. I'm assuming the ZIP archive is the new version?

Setup came up, lets see if anything breaks...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  16. pacN

The GUI is still not coming up. You should make a EXE version for us windows users.

17. KrazyTheFox

Ah! That might be the issue. Fixed the link, should now download the correct file. I rather dislike WYSIWYG.

An exe won't fix this problem, unfortunately. The problem is libraries not getting properly linked, which I'm trying to figure out how to solve correctly.

18. pacN

19. SethKipz

[​IMG]

After I selected my game folder, and now it happens every time I try to launch.

20. KrazyTheFox

Yeah, looking at this error now. Coding is awesome.