1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Meme?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by PastorJaxxon, Feb 10, 2014.

1. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Really? I want that damn mob now.

2. Grimmli

Grimmli Big Damn Hero

I don't believe Starbound has existed long enough to generate any memes. That is, any "proper" memes.

However, Starbound has the potential for some rather amazing image macros and funny little quirks.

PastorJaxxon likes this.
  3. PastorJaxxon

PastorJaxxon Star Wrangler

I feel like once the full game comes out the meme ideas or "image macros" will skyrocket.

4. vadagar

vadagar Orbital Explorer

LOL

more plz

:p

plays as robot .. gets hungry

5. squirrel_killer-

squirrel_killer- Sandwich Man

It is not so much hunger as fuel, Glitch are shown to process biological material for fuel to power themselves. Makes perfect sense. Sorry, but lore kinda hurts your idea...

6. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This is probably the worst post to have ever been created on the forums.

I'd say those spam ads for golf channel were better than this.

7. HexZyle

HexZyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This thread offends me so much I am obliged to leave my unwanted opinion of this absolutely horrible thread here because I'm certain that people in the thread truly care about my interests and will try to create threads in the future specifically for me to read.

Kattanos, Akado, cyberspyXD and 3 others like this.
  8. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

I don't know, it was pretty good before you came...

9. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

That would be how the forum works. If I don't like something, I am allowed to say so, regardless of what other people think on the matter. I understand that people probably won't change their ways, and won't understand that a meme isn't a joke that was originally funny but has been redone and repeated so many times it becomes obnoxious. However, I'm still going to say it. So how about you stop being sarcastic and whiny at people for stating a simple opinion, that being that image macros are annoying.

10. HexZyle

I can understand why if a subject is genuinely bad, for example edging on forum rules, that you'd want to leave a comment stating such.

But image macros are within the forum rules, and they're such a widespread phenomenon across all forms of social media, forums included, that stating that you don't like them on a thread that they are being spread is as trivial as trying to fix events you read in the newspaper by complaining to the newsagent. You're not preaching to anyone meaningful, you're not contributing to the discussion, all you are doing is bumping a thread that you dislike. How does that work in your favor? The correct location, if anywhere, to talk about how you dislike how everyone thinks that everything needs to have macros made of it would be on your personal blog. If people share your opinion, you'll build a movement.

The internet is the ultimate collaboration of human mind. If you don't like something you see, what you're really disliking is parts of the very nature of the species you are. If someone submits something to the internet, there will always be some percentage of people somewhere that shares an interest in the same subject, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Well, you could discriminate against a group of people like a modern-day homophobe, but if they're not violating any rules or laws (depending if they're on the internet or real life respectively) then you're just ruining your own reputation.

Hating on personal interest is one of the most ridiculous activities one can take part in: the desire for humans to be perfectly uniform and all to like the same things? Preposterous.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  11. neil_v

neil_v Big Damn Hero

Meh, might as well let it go. If it wasn't for haters, the Starbound forum would have next to no traffic.

HexZyle likes this.
  12. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

This is long overdue.

[​IMG]

gabbo13, KyPTeD, Taso and 4 others like this.
  13. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

what movie is that from?

14. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

My Name is Earl.

KyPTeD and Serenity like this.
  15. MoonLitBlaze

MoonLitBlaze Big Damn Hero

Rick Rolled me e.e.............

Serenity likes this.
  16. elusiveTranscendent

elusiveTranscendent Pangalactic Porcupine

o.o ...how did you find this? It's sooo not good. :I You're making me want to go back and fix it, but I'm not sure if I have the file anymore. .__.

Serenity likes this.
  17. HexZyle

Image Macros don't have to be "good" to be funny :p

elusiveTranscendent likes this.
  18. elusiveTranscendent

elusiveTranscendent Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, yeah. But I'm not even remotely close to calling myself "good", and I'd rather not have some of my even crappier, older art floating around. xD

HexZyle likes this.
  19. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

I'm no Sherlock but I think he is implying he made it and thinks it's not good (art style).

20. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

you think, therefor you ham

Finn Learson likes this.