1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Meme?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by PastorJaxxon, Feb 10, 2014.

1. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

So the same generation that popularized memes into inanity has come to despise them more than any other group. Excellent.

SolidSnake and Amyas Leigh like this.
  2. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Zero Gravity Genie

Jesus, people are way too assmad about this thread.

You can act high and mighty and use whatever "big sophistimacated adult words" all you want, you and I both know you've laughed at memes before, and I'm sure you will laugh at them again.
    "memes can't be forced" is a complete lie.

They're harmless fun that some people enjoy. If you don't like memes or think they're "childish and beneath you", fine. Take your old grumpy demeanor to the retirement home where you belong and don't spoil the fun for those that enjoy it. You're like those "get off my lawn" grumpy old men. No one likes those old men.
    Also, insert the meteor gif @cyberspyXD made here.

Taso, cyberspyXD, BushElito and 4 others like this.
  3. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

No, please, stop.

Seriously, look

I mean no offence to anyone, but these are the least funny, most overused, most predictable, most spammed, vaguest forced memes ever, and some aren't even actual memes.
    Why not just wait, and hopefully some Starbound related joke will be good enough to be ascended to memehood?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    SolidSnake likes this.
  4. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

It's great to know your opinion.

Clearly others don't share it though so just ignore the thread. Seriously, just leave. You and others just seem to be saying "wah look I don't like this why do people think it's amusing or funny".

On topic

[​IMG]

Villhelm, Knight3165, Bagel and 40 others like this.
  5. PastorJaxxon

PastorJaxxon Star Wrangler

Holy crap guys i just created this to see if people would post some funny stuff about star bound, if half of you hate it so much then why even take the time out of your day to post your negativity?

6. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

This... This I feel is an accurate representation of things.

7. Firetempest

Firetempest Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Taso, Exxil3d and Flanagan like this.
  8. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

ITT: "STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE"

If you don't like memes or image macros, then maybe you shouldn't have clicked a thread called "Starbound Meme".

9. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

ಠ__ಠ
    If you can stomach the cognitohazardous wonder of a memetic that memes are, simply stay away from threads like this.

[​IMG]

10. PastorJaxxon

Basically...

Attached Files:

11. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

[​IMG]

12. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

this 100%

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  13. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

I'm a meme!

14. PastorJaxxon

For all those haters on this thread

image.jpg

15. George

George Scruffy Nerf-Herder

16. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

This one is the best so far.

G.Xyon, Valyriax, Dargona1018 and 7 others like this.
  17. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

This is not over, Serenity.

Serenity likes this.
  18. Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

I got a laugh out of the image macros. Of course, I was expecting to find them or something similar when I clicked on this topic. I think a meme is like a nickname, you can't make up your own nickname, someone else has to give it to you, and the timing has to be perfect. I agree that the idea of the meme is somewhat lost on a lot of people nowadays, it seems more like whatever "the cool geeks" (oxymoron?) are doing, or some sort of internet lottery ticket to famedom. But I still like a lot of memes, because they can show the creativity of the masses and can be very humorous. I still visit ytmnd.com for this very reason!

Umm... Starbound topic... oh man... gotta put in something game-related before I post reply...

Anyone found any turtles in the game yet? I like turtles.

M1600wner and Serenity like this.
  19. PastorJaxxon

Trololololol, gotta say I didn't see that coming, successful troll

Serenity likes this.
  20. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

I think everyone expected this.

Serenity likes this.