1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Main Quest 2 - Having troubles

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phantosmia, Oct 17, 2016.

1. phantosmia

phantosmia Aquatic Astronaut

Greetings!

I am currently stuck in the second scan, where you are supposed to scan Hylotl stuff. I just can't find their village.

It feels like I am searching for Atlantis, or something LOL

I am looking underwater in ocean planets (temperate stars), but it seems that they never spawned in first place. I have been in several ocean planets and even found an apex village on the surface but no Hylotl villages. Am I missing something? I am using Frackin Universe Mod but I don't think it has anything to do with it.

I know there is a board where people post coordinates for stuff but I would like to find a Hylotl village on my own first.

Do I keep looking underwater? Surface?

Thanks in advance

2. phantosmia

Wow, are they supposed to be this hard to be found? I searched 9 ocean planets... surface and underwater... nothing but scarce houses. It's gonna take forever to fill the bar. Am I suppose to dig underground? What am I doing wrong?

3. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

I can assure you that frackin is the problem.
    Hope this helps(it probably didn't help, as now you have to start all over) if you don't want to start over again, then just keep looking.

4. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I also installed Frackin Universe and it took me around 15 or so ocean planets to find a ruined Hylotl village underwater so keep finding!
    But to be honest I think the spawn rate of that abandoned moon base is too high, 9/10 times there'll be one of that underwater.

5. phantosmia

Oh, makes sense since it adds new biomes and planets :/ I guess I will just keep looking then. Thanks for the info! :)

You are absolutely right! I wish they could replace those abandoned moon bases with Hylotl Villages, though. :V

6. phantosmia

Just one more question...

Can I find Hylotl Villages in another planets too besides ocean?

7. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

You can, but they'll be on the surface and they might have not enough artifacts or furniture for you to get the enough scans as some of them are exclusive in the underwater village. If you're really running out of patience, you can do the /spawnitems thing and scan it. However, sometimes the merchant might sell some furniture that's needed for the progress so do check them out if they sell one.

phantosmia likes this.
  8. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Another thing you can do is explore the ocean planet floors in the submarine from frackin universe it may require a lot of grinding but is mainly worth it in the end if you intend to live on a planet with an ocean.

9. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Frackin Universe has some issues with Ocean worlds and their Gen.

10. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

true but it was simply a suggestion.

11. phantosmia

Hey again.

I found a Hylotl village big enough for completing my scan. However, it wasn't on a normal ocean planet, but on a strange ocean planet (strange sea). They are located in radioactive stars. Here are the coordinates of mine if anyone is using frackin universe and having the same issue. (Windows 10 64 bits)

x: -901393214
    y: -447731658
    System Lyncis Crest
    Planet Lyncis Crest III

12. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Congratulations on finding it! :party:
    It must've been quite a journey to remember, bitter or sweet. :3

phantosmia likes this.
  13. phantosmia

Surely it was! I bookmarked all the ocean planets I have visited! :party:Quite a few!