1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound Launcher Error: Cannot open FileLogSink...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Shrimpchris, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shrimpchris

Shrimpchris Orbital Explorer

So when Starbound updated recently, I had some issues with Steam involving some disk write error during the last 1% of my update. I eventually solved that problem and got my game to update properly.
    I thought everything was fine and dandy, but when I go to the launcher and click the "Launch Starbound" button I get an error like in the op (Screenshot included). Trying to launch with OpenGL gives a similar error.
    http://i.imgur.com/0vEzAT5.png
    It worked fine before, anyone have any ideas? I couldn't find any solution and have only seen like 2 people with a problem like this.

2. Shrimpchris

Shrimpchris Orbital Explorer

Just gonna give this a little bump in hopes of a solution because I still can't find one and would really like to play.

3. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Where is Starbound installed?

%ProgramFiles%?

If so, can you delete the starbound.log without going through a UAC prompt?

If you can't, you need to move your Starbound installation to a new library location that isn't inside a system directory.

Shrimpchris likes this.
  4. srwforest

srwforest Intergalactic Tourist

I have same issue. This game runs perfect on my laptop. But i cant get it to run on my desktop at home.

5. SolidusOCce

SolidusOCce Void-Bound Voyager

Here's the answer to your problem:

Run as Administrator. It cannot access unless without Admin's permission.

6. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

That's a bad workaround, and a temporary one at that. The solution is what I said above.

7. iceenukacola

iceenukacola Void-Bound Voyager

i have the same problem but neither or your "solutions" worked.

8. traian025

traian025 Space Hobo

These is a temporary fix : delete all the "LOG" files from you starbound folder and it should work just fine and the log files will be probably created again by your game (try to make a backup).

9. The log file is overwritten each time the game is started, deleting the log file/s should provide a solution to the issue. If it keeps happening, it might be related to the file's permissions. I'd double check that the file isn't marked as read-only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.