Audio Starbound-ish Song

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Hueman, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Could you see yourself playing Starbound to this?

1. Yes, for sure

52.9%
  2. Yeah..um...maybe

35.3%
  3. Nope, id rather play with no sound.

11.8%
  1. Hueman

Hueman Sandwich Man

I made a song that was inspired by Starbound and wanted to share it. The song reminds me of being in a cave or some eerie place :eek: . Please feel free to give any comments on how you like/dont like it. I want to make it as nice as possible.

EDIT: Updated the song to a revised edition.
    Song can be found here.

Cheers

2. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Honestly, I loved it, it felt a little choppy at points where the notes dropped off abruptly, but otherwise it was great.
    You could even speed it up a bit and make it a boss theme.

tassina and Hueman like this.
  3. Hueman

Hueman Sandwich Man

Awesome! Thank you. I agree it is a bit choppy at points and I that's what I'm working on right now.
    That would sound cool to speed it up :rofl: Ill try that this evening.

Cheers

tassina and Zoolot like this.
  4. Katlatze

Katlatze Pangalactic Porcupine

Neat!! I like it :D Very spaceship-y, would love to hear more.

Feels to me like walking into an old deserted spaceship, maybe you just docked onto one floating around in space.

Hueman likes this.
  5. Hueman

Hueman Sandwich Man

Thank you so much! That means a lot. When I make another I will be sure to post it.

I agree with the feeling you get from the song. "Walking into someplace you probably shouldn't be, but just cant bring yourself to let this stone be unturned." That kinda thing :giggle:

Katlatze likes this.
  6. twitchyspeed

twitchyspeed Void-Bound Voyager

I agree with zoolot but I'd add that it should be a underground boss.

7. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

This is like when you discover something like a cave and is slowly venturing in it...

Model QT-377665 and Hueman like this.
  8. Hueman

Hueman Sandwich Man

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Model QT-377665 and ImmortalFrog like this.
  9. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

This lil' song is awesome but honestly, the part where the drums get in 1.01 - 1.22 doesn't fit with the game. Sounded a bit like a club beat :D

Hueman likes this.
  10. Hueman

Hueman Sandwich Man

Hey, maybe we could have clubs in Starbound ?! omg, that would be awesome! have club with dubstep with low lights and npc's dancing around. :rofl: pure gold right there.

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  11. Kingpwn

Kingpwn Big Damn Hero

I agree that it would sound good in a cave, but I think it would also work for some type of Glitch dungeon. It sounds a little robotic because the notes don't drag out, but they end pretty abruptly (which I think is cool)

12. Renstash09

Renstash09 Big Damn Hero

This fits the theme tremendously well. I hope this is implemented somehow. If it's not, it's not too hard to add sound, right? :3
    Anyways, this is great space/cave music. It's super catchy too. Love it! :up:

13. Hueman

Hueman Sandwich Man

Thank you so much! That means a lot. I too hope it is implemented. I did try to contact Tiy weeks ago, but no response to anything.

Cheers

ImmortalFrog likes this.