Starbound changelogs and release notes

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Mister Green, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Eldorah

Eldorah Yeah, You!

I'm not hating or anything but is there a way to protect your home from falling meteorites or are our homes just going to be wrecked at random times from now on?

2. Shadow86

Shadow86 Pangalactic Porcupine

This is probably not the right thread to discuss random stuff about the game.

3. Orthus

Orthus Void-Bound Voyager

character and ship data are stored as separate files.

4. xenomat

xenomat Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, i see. But still, if you update and then load your charakter in the new version of the game, the ship is empty. And i see no way to recover the content of the "old" ship, because there is only one *.shipworld file, which has been overwritten without warning. :(

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  5. Rylyn

Rylyn Orbital Explorer

You are warned from the very launcher not to mention forums that wipes and stuff are expected. As wel all know it is a beta (even Alpha)...so just don't collect things and think they will be forever.

I've already lost 2 characters and 2 awesome bases...so what? I'll make another and another, different from the others because it is still fun. Game is at more or less 20%, and i found it awesome at it's current state. Can't wait for that 100% lol ^___^

Giles and OuterSpaceHoliday like this.
  6. OuterSpaceHoliday

OuterSpaceHoliday Aquatic Astronaut

Keep the good work coming. :)

7. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

Ever used a Grappling Hook to slingshot yourself around planets? It's productive.

8. ponza740

ponza740 Space Hobo

thx you

9. alexleduc

alexleduc Master Chief

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but if you want to keep your world you can just disable automatic updates to the game in Steam. You can play it for as long as you like in it's current state and only update it when the changes are worth losing your progress over.

TheUnartist likes this.
  10. GoldenAgeOf

GoldenAgeOf Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone have the inside scoop on when to expect the next patch?

OuterSpaceHoliday likes this.
  11. OuterSpaceHoliday

OuterSpaceHoliday Aquatic Astronaut

I want another patch with a wipe so I can feel safe from wipes for a bit. o_O

12. SAKRAY

SAKRAY Yeah, You!

No update so far.... THE GAME IS ABANDONED </3

13. Insydius

Insydius Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah I'm waiting for the next character wipe before I jump back in.

14. JackOfAllGames

JackOfAllGames Space Spelunker

Same here. I understand that the wipe is imminent so I've been holding back.

15. sifuwarrior

sifuwarrior Space Spelunker

Same here, I just don't feel safe

16. Fiek

Fiek Seal Broken

Bah! Be adventurous. You sound like people doomed to the straw death. Go seek out life, find out what is going bump in the night.

17. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

That would work for SP only, not MP

18. alexleduc

alexleduc Master Chief

I would if all the people playing with you agreed not to upgrade and all stay on the same version.

19. Kreny

Kreny Astral Cartographer

Just a note, once we enter second / third stage, please move them above stage 1 so latest builds will be always on the top. Thanks for this page!

Mister Green likes this.
  20. TommyFrerking

TommyFrerking Master Chief

For me it is not about the character wipe, it's about added content. I've made it to Tier 5 and, while I know there are a few techs I haven't obtained, there is little left to do but wait for them to fix all the performance issues/bugs so they can roll out more of the full game. I wouldn't want to start the game in the middle once they add new bosses and all the quests.