1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Updated everything! GOOD work, guys!

2. Alucard I

Are you sure?
    I don't think HAMMERS should PENETRATE armor. :wut:

3. Traikilla

Traikilla Void-Bound Voyager

I thought I was, went back and tested and I'm trying to understand the calculation when you are wearing less than 3 items of armor. With 3 items, it averages them and rounds it up just as expected for me.
    But when I put on helmet (5) and no other armor, it gave me a total of 3. It's still regular and seemingly follows some rules though. I'm still under the impression that it's not a bug but I just don't know the system very well (maybe empty spaces add or subtract something, maybe a helmet slot gives a bit of defense to an empy chest slot etc etc)

Maybe someone who knows more can elaborate on this. It's certain that it is not a sum though, which is the first thing that seems to confuse a lot of people and makes them submit it as a bug. I think you can put it down with a question mark or something, to be checked just in case there's a bug hidden underneath the confusion.

4. MoonStoneX

MoonStoneX Void-Bound Voyager

When using the Durasteel and Aegisalt Tech Upgrade the Items aren't consumed like the Starmaps and can even be used by other players if handed to them after being used. I am not sure if this was intended or a bug.

5. Sinvoid

Sinvoid Phantasmal Quasar

This thread should be Stickied

Description:
    When you have multiple Techs only the First slot one is useable

STR:
    1. Obtain the following 3 techs
    a. Plasma Jump
    b. Quick Dash
    c. Gravitational Control
    2. Equip each on your ship
    3. Make sure Plasma Jump is in your first slot
    4. Double tap right to see if you dash
    5. Jump and Hold Space to see if you hover (with the gravitational Control)
    6. Jump and Press Jump again

Observed:
    Only the Double jump works because it's in tech slot 0

Expected:
    Each tech is useable via it's normal controls.

6. MoonStoneX

Its not a Bug you have to select the Tech of the 4 you want to use by clicking them in your Characters Inventory.

Sinvoid likes this.
  7. Sethusk

Sethusk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I came to add a few that I didn't see in you list as of typing this post.

This prison console disappears when interact with it and will reappear upon a second interaction
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201284056

When laying down to sleep your character is brought to the forward-most layer. Npc's will walk inbetween you and the bed. This works with every bed type I've seen so far, including the horse cart.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201284031

When using the Dash tech facing backwards, it still uses a forward facing "dash shadow". This may not really be a bug, but actually just a missing animation. It would make me feel better if they had a backwards dash shadow as well.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201284068

Alucard I likes this.
  8. Sinvoid

Sinvoid Phantasmal Quasar

Description:
    Changing Resolution actually doesn't do anything.

Machine Specs:
    Win 7 x64
    Nvidia GTX 670

STR:
    1. Launch Starbound
    2. At main menu choose options
    3. Change resolution using the left arrow
    4. Hit Apply

Observed:
    Resolution doesn't actually change

Expected:
    Resoluiton changes properly after hitting apply

9. Desphex

Desphex Tentacle Wrangler

When selecting the sweatshirt on the spinning wheel, it does not show the mannequin.
    Basic Shield has no description yet.

This one is just a graphical thing, but Iron Ore is sometimes really hard to see in caves, due to the block they are in.

10. Will Tomorrow

Will Tomorrow Poptop Tamer

As of today I can't use the teleporter to beam from my ship to any planet. It just beams me back into the ship.

It only happens on my main character. I'm a human who just unlocked the beta sector.

Gamebreaker.

11. MoonStoneX

Did you try changing the Zoom to x2?

12. SoldierMorty

SoldierMorty Big Damn Hero

[TYPO] There might be a small grammatical error with the Bone Chimes text. It's missing a word, I think.

13. Lexas

Lexas Aquatic Astronaut

Bugs I found:

-can't use wiring tool on apex security doors
    -head sticking out of the tent sometimes (the big tent)
    -when placing cobblestone into lava, the cooblestone turns into ore veins ( bug or feature)

14. Wyvern

Wyvern Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

You do realize there's an actual bug reporting thread that Chucklefish made themselves, right? In the Technical Support subforum where Chuklefish asked everybody to post about bugs, right?

If you want to consolidate knowledge, do it there.

15. Alucard I

If you have any problems with this thread, you may first try to tell this to people who keep creating threads about bugs.

16. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Sometimes when I teleport to a new planet I get teleported back to the ship, I am guessing the world is still loading.

Also when dropping from one set of stairs to another instead of landing on the set below I end up falling all the way down and getting fall damage.

When I activate the travel menu the game crashes, so I end up restarting trying again and it works with some lag.

Another odd glitch is when I was under water and swung a weapon at an ore I could see the weapon clip over the ore image and be behind the foreground image.

Then again my computer is decent but not great.

Computer specs:
    Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.130707-1535)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 9400 GT
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Monitor: AOC 917Wx

Free Space: 16.5 GB
    Total Space: 296.3 GB

17. orillian

orillian Void-Bound Voyager

Sometimes when you collect flower petals you can have them teleport away from you and end up stuck floating in space. Walk to them and they usually pick up.
    The star field at night will glitch and do a spastic floppy twitching type motion every once and a while.

Both of these issues seen on multiple computers.
    1) Win 7 w/ Core i7 8GB ram and an nVidia GT555M Laptop.
    2) Win 8.1 w/AMD FX CPU, 16GB ram and 2xAMD 6950's Desktop.

18. Vuelos

Vuelos Void-Bound Voyager

Some arrows don't cause damage in Enemies when use Hunter Bow.

19. Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Allow me to add:

1: Gravity Bubble increases fall damage on slow descent, and does not effectively eliminate it on soft landings. The only way to eliminate fall damage while descending with Gravity Bubble is to, at some point in the descent, fly upward, otherwise you will take extreme fall damage from very minor jumps.

2: Upon reaching Tier 3, using Steel Armor, there is an extremely high chance of being one-shot without explanation. Even through shields (while blocking), even from attacks that should do non-lethal damage. For inexplicable reasons, I take 100 flat damage from almost every attack. Again, this even happens through shields (even level 24 Rare shields).

20. Alucard I

I wish I knew how to stick it. Anyway, it's not a bug. You can use only one tech at time, but you can switch between them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.