1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

But there is still always a possibility that none of them have vista (I would bet they don't) so I am reporting the bug. Do you really need to make such a big deal out of reporting a bug? I am trying to help them.

2. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

There is a compatibility mode.

3. Seaberry47

Seaberry47 Void-Bound Voyager

Ive just started playing starbound again from when it was first given to me, this seems to happen whenever the game just sits for too long, too long being anywhere from six minutes onward, that being the least amount of time ive walked away from my computer with it running.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is followed by 'blahblah not responding end or wait' typical windows prompt.

Also, not having a legitamate game >pause< or some way to save where I was is a gigantic pain in the ass.

4. Wanfanel

Wanfanel Intergalactic Tourist

5. Seaberry47

TESLA SPIKES CAUSED ME MASSIVE LAG YESTERDAY
    [​IMG]
    I reached this room in an apec facility and instantly was slowed to 6fps
    It was painful and I was forced to use dirt to cover the spikes instead of actually jumping the platforms like I wanted to, and was probably intended to do.
    SERIOUSLY. MASSIVE. LAG.

6. Seaberry47

even more lag
    EVEN. MORE. LAG.
    It seems like every time I find a building, a research center, anything with too many tesla spikes, I go down to 6 or less /heavily delayed/ frames per second. Im not going to be able to play the game at all if I start lagging before I even reach the interesting bits. I literally could not take a screenshot of this place it was so slow, my screenshot key was not registering.

7. Alucard I

Yeah, that happens a lot on weak computers.

8. Seaberry47

WHY. EFFING WHY. What you're saying is this game is more resource heavy than team fortress 2. More latent than Star Conflict (or war thunder for that matter).
    So much so that I just won't be able to play? Ever? Great :I

9. Alucard I

Yep. It's not optimised yet.

10. Omega_Element

Omega_Element Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On my initial planet I can't find any monster at all and there's a bug in the World generation creating a wall of 8 blocks going up to space level stopping right before asteroids.
    On the same planet there's only dire rocks and no cobblestone so I'm unable to Progress
    Every time I press "E" for searching items it closes the window. The items aren't sorted also.

Anyone know how to turn the cheat mode off?

11. Blake_Belladonna

Blake_Belladonna Space Hobo

For me a monster will sometimes get stuck in mid air after a jump

12. Seaberry47

that happens all the time for me and hasnt been an issue at all, aside from it just happening.

13. Seaberry47

Well isnt that sort of an important thing, beta or not? I mean, I understand part of the process of turning the beta into a final version would be to optimise it, but just leaving it un optimised between versions? This really makes me sad.

14. Alucard I

Optimisation will happen in a second part of beta. You're playing first beta now, where devs shape their main mechanics. Second stage - optimisation. Third - polishing. And then - official release!

15. Seaberry47

great...

16. Alucard I

17. Seaberry47

am I going to lose my characters before the game is optimized. Really.

18. Alucard I

Characters - no. Not anymore. Though your universe might still get wiped, but devs stated that it won't happen too.

19. Seaberry47

Look, someone gave me this game. I was super excited because it was way early on, when the game had massive amounts of hype surrounding it.
    Now Ive found like, starboundmaps.com where every planet is catalogued. Ive developed an actual playstyle of making it all the way around each planet I visit before leaving.
    I dont remember even finding any bugs on my first play, just that I stopped after the ufo penguin fight because there werent further instructions and came back to now, possibly years later. I was not expecting this, especially from a bunch of blue squiggly lines ffs.
    Also, at this point, i feel like its not just the tesla coils but large facilities in general. I merely approached this place recently and was intsantly slowed to molasses.
    Molasses, as in pressing D to move back to my tent, and then actually moving somewhere 3-5 seconds later. Real seconds too.
    [​IMG]

20. epicness403

epicness403 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I updated to nightly now I want to go back to unstable how is this done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.