1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

When I try to load up the nightly version I get this

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an
    unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more
    information.

I have windows Vista.

2. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Hahaha, Vista.

You were warned that nightly versions can be terribly broken. So I guess we can't help you there.

3. AdenSword

Yeah I need to upgrade.

Im not complaining just putting it here because I really want to play the nightly version and was hoping that you could fix it sometime.:)

4. Alucard I

They will fix it themselves.

5. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Nightly versions are something that will have a different technical issue each time, they're more or less a gamble, so you shouldn't worry about temporary incompatibilities like that.

6. AdenSword

by "You" I meant Chucklefish.
    If nobody informs them that it's incompatible with vista then they won't be able to fix it now will they?

7. Alucard I

I'm not a part of Chucklefish:seriously:

yet :giggle:

8. AdenSword

I noticed that after my comment.

9. Wanfanel

Wanfanel Intergalactic Tourist

Windows 7 ;-) and work only on Windows XP?

10. Alucard I

I honestly doubt nightly versions would work to anyone. They can be broken, so updating to them was stupid

11. Xvano

Xvano Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, lets see here, I am getting a wonderful...bug? error? I really do not know what to call it honestly. When I launch Starbound from Steam, the launcher comes up fine and dandy. Once I click on launch Starbound windows has a fit like no other, playing the error sound several times in rapid succession(I am talking about starting up another sound before the first can even think about finishing). The error log gives me this line right here: Error: Access violation detected at 0x723ab7aa (Write of address 0). Among other similar messages, with a few numbers and letters added, redacted, or switched, whatever have you. The Diagnostic tool only picks up that Steam Overlay is on and that I should turn it off for better performance. I thought to fight this problem by removing my player, universe, and my mod folders; together and separately, but to no avail. I uninstalled then reinstalled. Moved a known working version from another computer to mine, but it still persists. Not really quite sure what to do from here folks...I suppose just sit back and wait for a miracle.

Oh, I went ahead and attached my log to this message for whatever good it might do.
    Thank you all for your wonderful support.

Quick Edit: The server comes up and runs everything just fine. People can connect and play my vanilla version of Starbound.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  12. triuqSKnight

triuqSKnight Void-Bound Voyager

Guys do you have any tips for the runtime crash??

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an
    unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more
    information."

I have win7 and no mods installed. Simply updated from last unstable to last nightly.

EDIT: I resolved deleting the player directory in Starbound directory.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  13. Alucard I

Seriously, why did you update to nightly versions? They're most surely broken!

14. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

Bug : The query protocol of the game does not report correctly if the server is passworded. It always report passworded server like "not passworded" server.

15. AdenSword

Because we want more content! Don't judge man. They put the option there so you could use it.

EDIT: Were telling them the problems because they might not find them.

16. Alucard I

I understand that, but why post errors, when you were warned that you'll get 'em?

17. AdenSword

So that chucklefish can know they are there and fix them! That's the whole point of reporting a bug!

18. Alucard I

No mate. They already know, they test the game every day. And if they say it's broken - then they're aware of it.

19. AdenSword

They can't know about every bug in there. If they did then they wouldn't need beta testers. They may know major ones like the one I submitted but the community helps with finding most of the little bugs.

20. Alucard I

Well, they know MAJOR ones. The ones that break the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.