1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 333

333 Star Wrangler

As per the latest update, the one that added the combat overhaul, works only with weapons CREATED AFTER THE UPDATE. Your older swords, daggers, spears and axes are still non-directional and still fixed. You must make new weapons or acquire them in a drop to be able to move them in the direction you wish.

This also applies to weapons gotten from drops.

2. Occamsnailfile

Occamsnailfile Void-Bound Voyager

I had two chef NPCs spawned in my ship, and they've both vanished without any explanation--they were there, and then they were gone. They were from relatively old spawners but I still don't know why they went away.

3. enemarius86

enemarius86 Cosmic Narwhal

i don't know if this is a bug but it's annoing: CAVE VINES ARE NOT GROWING and if you cut them down they are not replaced.

4. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

They shouldn't.
    Yeah, typical bug. It was listed.

5. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Was it multiplayer? I smell foul play.

Alucard I likes this.
  6. 333

333 Star Wrangler

My bad sorry.

7. Alucard I

It's ok. 90% of people who post bugs here don't read the OP anyway

8. HoodieNinja_7

HoodieNinja_7 Pangalactic Porcupine

If the player is running Windows XP, and sometimes upon launch if more than one user is logged in, the game will crash. The game will always crash upon switching users in Windows XP.

In Windows XP, the launcher window is too big for the screen.

In the current version, it is possible to die on your ship by warping up to it when the player is about to be hit by an attack that would be fatal. (Or I could just be unlucky)

Fish can spawn in pools of poison water. This will cause them to immediately become poisoned and die.

If a NPC is attacked and there are no guards around (Ex, the Avian temples) they will stop running from the player if talked to, and will act like they were never attacked.

9. Occamsnailfile

Occamsnailfile Void-Bound Voyager

Single player; I should have specified. It was really just mysterious, they were suddenly gone.

10. D3luSi0n4L

D3luSi0n4L Space Hobo

Sorry it's hard to see which bugs have been reported since this thread is so massive, but I just bought the game yesterday and noticed a bug with the rain.

When I'm in an enclosure I made with dirt blocks, if I walk "X" distance away from the dirt blocks, I can see the rain coming through and hitting the ground. If I walk back towards the dirt blocks, it no longer passes through and the rain stops at the outside of the dirt block.

Awesome game, thanks =)

11. Skoarpeon

Skoarpeon Yeah, You!

I'm having one that is stopping me from playing almost all together. So I'll start a game and get wood and then I'll make it into wooden planks. Once I've put down all the wood planks and gotten rid of my unrefined wood, I can't craft anymore planks. Sometimes I can't even pick up unrefined wood and when it lets me pick it up, I try to craft wooden planks and I get nothing. Besides that, I recently wasn't able to pick up cobblestone after i got rid of my first stack of it. This is stopping from playing the game and it's very annoying.

12. Alucard I

Check the second tab of your inventory. All blocks are kept here.
    EDIT: Inform me of the outcome, I need to know if it worked.

13. Skoarpeon

Skoarpeon Yeah, You!

THANK YOU. I have another one though, I finished the first tier and beat the first boss, I then made the starmap upgrade and traveled to the beta sector. After getting there I didn't get any more missions. Is this a bug?

14. Alucard I

No. As for now, that's where missions end. They'll be added in upcoming updates. Keep killing bosses and head to Sector X.

15. Skoarpeon

Skoarpeon Yeah, You!

thank you so much.

16. Alucard I

If you need help - come here.
    And tell others!

Because this thread was somewhat dead

17. AlexxKidd

AlexxKidd Space Hobo

Hey, so whenever I try and play a game, I select my character, and then it crashes. It says "
    "IOException: Internal exception! block 9997 missing free index block marker!" starbound"
    and then has a bunch of code. Haven't been able to play for a while, figured it might be taken care of, but it hasn't yet. anyone have this happen to them/have a work around?

18. Alucard I

something wrong with some block?
    Have you installed any mods?

19. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

Alucard you are so awesome.

20. AlexxKidd

AlexxKidd Space Hobo

No mods. I have two chars that it does this with, I am at sector X with both of them. Stopped working sometime after I crafted the thing that allows you to travel there, but haven't had the chance to get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.