1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Starbound 1.3 - Character no longer playable

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Mêlfyrioe, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Mêlfyrioe

Mêlfyrioe Space Spelunker

Hey dear Starbound-Community,

I´ve got a Problem with the 1.3 update: One of my Characters is no longer playable.

It is just loading and loading and loading but I cant play, I just stare at the Protectors sign and a black screen. It is just my Main-Character which is no longer playable. The other Ones, old and new Ones, are still working.

I have to admit that I used mods, but I unsubscribed them all in Steam. It doesnt change anything.
    I got save-files but when I load them the 1.3 update is not working

Please help me Q-Q I dont know were I should start to fix the Problem...

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

some mods edit the player file structure. players that do not match the file structure of what a brand new character would have will be unplayable

3. Mêlfyrioe

and to unsubscribe won´t bring it back to that structure? The other Old Characters I have are fine, if a mod is the Problem, then why are they fine and my Main is not? Q-Q
    I wrote to the support but they dont answer :/
    Do you know what I could do to fix the file structure? Is there an Orignial file structure I could use or something?

4. IzunaTan

IzunaTan Phantasmal Quasar

Can you attach your starbound log file that was generated when loading the character? I had the exact same problem but i was able to fix it, i could probably fix it for you too.

Mêlfyrioe likes this.
  5. Mêlfyrioe

Yes I have a Starbound.log file from directly when I tryed to loading the character, here it is https://pastebin.com/n6Ls8kQX
    That would be so great, I would be grateful forever when you could try to fix it (੭ ˃̣̣̥ ω˂̣̣̥)੭
    Do you know why it is like that? Is it from a mod?

6. IzunaTan

I see the problem. You probably used one of the old unigen mods, or a mod that changed the way stars generate. Your universe chunks file is now corrupt as the generation procedure changed. I can walk you through the process to import any of your planets that you want to keep if it say has a base or something on it, as you need to generate a new universe. Your ship will remain intact though, even if something goes wrong here.

Mêlfyrioe likes this.
  7. Mêlfyrioe

Hey :)
    hmm, but if the Universe is the Problem, why can I still travel to old planets with my other old Character from 1.0 which I only used for mining and stuff? x-x""
    Ehm to explain: I have a planet whit a storage where my mining-character stores things for my main Character, so they use those planet both. I can use my mining-Character but not my main-Character so I thought the Problem is the Ship or the Character? Sorry if this question is dumb, I do not really understand how that works x-x""

Anyway there are just two planets I would love to import, and it would be great if you could help me please.

8. IzunaTan

"[string "/versioning/CelestialChunk_11_12.lua"]:11: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')" This line right here basically says that you had a mod or something like that, that altered the universe chunk in some way, on the planets near your old characters. Which mods did you use? And I'll help you with importing those planets, just be sure to make a backup of the universe folder if things go wrong.

9. Mêlfyrioe

Hey! I have good news °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖° You were right IzunaTan, the problem was the Universe folder.

I have copied my Universe folder and saved it somewhere else. Than I deleted the folder in the storage and started the game.
    It worked. :DD I can use my Main Character again without any Problems Q7Q

But to your question, I guess it was the Celestial Weapons mod, but I unsubscribed it a decade ago, because I had problems with mods before.

I want to thank you so much that you have took your time to help me. I am really grateful! (੭ु。╹▿╹。)੭ु⁾⁾

10. IzunaTan

Yes that's perfect! You're welcome. But here's the real kicker, on how to copy over your own planets. Load in two worlds that you want to use as templates. So use your ship and land on two planets. Then quit them game. Those planets should be at the top of your universe folder. Now copy in the planets you want to copy. Then the final thing is take the file names of the old planets, and copy them over to the planets you want to import. And that should be it! Those old planets should now be changed and have your old stuff on them. Oh, also you need to put your universe.dat file back, or else your outpost missions will be reset

11. Mêlfyrioe

Okay I have copied the planets like you said and put the universe.dat file back. The game is working great :DD I can fly to every planet, the new system is pretty cool, and my base is alright. Thank you so much Q7Q

12. IzunaTan

You're welcome!~

13. leracos

leracos Subatomic Cosmonaut

You don't actually need to do this. You can just straight copy in the worlds you want to keep and they will work fine with their old coordinates. It's actually much safer to do this way, so that you don't end up with, say, a higher tier planet on a lower tier system. As long as the universe.chunks file was cleared, things are fine in most cases.