1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound 1.0 Crashes When Starting Up

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Pjch10, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pjch10

Pjch10 Orbital Explorer

Hello! So I've waited for this update really excited to play it. Before I started it up though I got rid of my mods Verifyed the files and then try to start it up the game window showed up in white and not in a full window and then it crashed. So I figured it was my songs. So I got rid of those Verifyied again...Did the same thing. So then I Un-installed it then Re-Installed it. Still Didn't work. So then I figured it was the Mod Reno's API Which required to change Safescripts from True to false in Starbound config which i reveresed. Still didn't work. I then Deleted all Files in the Player and Universe folders Verifyed the files and you know what happened. It didn't work it's like a cliche at this point. So I don't know what is wrong with my game. But I REALLY Want it fixed...ssoooooo bad. Cause i stayed up and waited over 12 hours for this update. Then it decides to Crash. Idk if this is cause of the Mods conflicting with Steam Workshop Cause the way mods are implemented is different. But I just want to play Starbound 1.0's Update with My friends. Please Reply to this if you know anything.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

If you're using mods disable them. Starbound is working fine for me.

~ Iris ~

3. Pjch10

Pjch10 Orbital Explorer

How do you disable mods that you uninstalled before you started the update?

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Move the mods to another folder where they won't get loaded or delete them. I doubt that all mods are already 1.0 ready.

~ Iris ~

5. danted85

danted85 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fresh download from humble, only includes folders win32, win64 and macosx. Game simply crashes on load. Dont use steam so how do I get all the assets etc.

6. Pjch10

Pjch10 Orbital Explorer

Okay You don't want me to use steam but idk where to find a client download or applcation thing Other than say the website. Now I already deleted them though. I Deleted everything in the mods folder and verifyed the game files before i pressed play after the update.

7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Do you by chance have the assets unpacked?

8. Pjch10

Pjch10 Orbital Explorer

What do you mean by that?

9. darksshades

darksshades Yeah, You!

If you got the "Fatal Exception caught" a few seconds after the start of the game this is the fix that worked for me:

As soon as the game starts, click options, uncheck 'Multiplayer via steam friends' and hit accept. The game will still crash. But next time it won't anymore.

Don't know if that is the cause, but mine stopped crashing after this.
    Alternativelly you can't just alter the config file(steamapps/common/Starbound/storage/starbound.config)before entering the game but I don't know the specifc line there. My guess is it should be this:
    "
    "clientIPJoinable" : false,
    "clientP2PJoinable" : false,
    "

10. Pjch10

Pjch10 Orbital Explorer

11. CBV9K

CBV9K Void-Bound Voyager

same problem, game stops on launch in every mod. Aleredy fully reinstalled. And folder "storage" is clean.

12. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

So uninstall your mods then.

Iris Blanche and lazarus78 like this.
  13. CBV9K

CBV9K Void-Bound Voyager

any mods. I hate mods and never install this things.
    THIS heped me:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015 and launch update manually (reboot required)

14. gagadoliano

gagadoliano Void-Bound Voyager

I need to click in the installscript.vdf?