1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Star Wars in Starbound 0.5.4b

Various Tech Items, Armors, Races, and more from the Star Wars Universe!

1. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

arrjaytea updated Star Wars Armor Mod with a new update entry:

Potential Bugfix for New Characters/Install Beta Recipe Issue

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

3. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

I tried to put together a bit of a "Current State of Things / Roadmap" post today. Fairly long/substantial.

Next update may be a few days - may not - but I'm hoping it'll be the update to 0.2b. :)

Star Wars Gear Mod Update Update

4. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

The sprites in this video have had a MAJOR facelift, so take this as an early, early build. Nearly done with the paint job.

Just have to work on performance testing and they should be in within a day or two. :)

They will be much, much faster in the released version.

5. F-Dog

F-Dog Space Spelunker

I recently purchased StarBound and after a good 20hours of play I joined the forums, the idea popped into my head "Star Wars Mod", I love this game and I love Star Wars I couldn't think of anything better than combining the two then I found this Mod I was seriously excited! You've got my vote that's for sure I'm very impressed you've taken onboard this project.

Keep up the good work, your going to make alot of happy gamers ;)

arrjaytea likes this.
  6. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

Cheers man. The 02.b update should arrive in the next day or so. Speeder performance tweaks happening now, then it's onto the jetpack!

7. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

And in case anyone wanted to see the updated speeder bike sprite. Still may tweak a bit, but you get the idea.

speeder-body-sprite-v1.png

F-Dog likes this.
  8. F-Dog

F-Dog Space Spelunker

It's important that you know how much your work is pleasing others! Speeder looks awesome!

9. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

Speeder Bikes and Jetpacks are added and working great - now we just need to tweak how the Speeder responds a little bit more - figure out the back.frames for the jetpack - and this should be wrapped up real, real soon. :)

F-Dog likes this.
  10. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

arrjaytea updated Star Wars Gear Mod with a new update entry:

The 0.2b Update - Speeder Bikes & Jetpacks are here!

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

And a couple of screenshots...

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 1.58.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 1.50.50 PM.png

F-Dog likes this.
  12. Olkenstein

Olkenstein Intergalactic Tourist

Do I need to create a new character? Because I don't see anything star wars on my metal station:/

13. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

You shouldn't need to.

Any other mods installed?

14. pyoncake

pyoncake Master Chief

Awesome mod love it X3. Can I suggest possibly doing Shae Vizla or other SWTOR characters?

arrjaytea likes this.
  15. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

Sure thing. Added to the list.

Fix for the speeder coming soon (too fast, faster than planet load).

Also.... Force Lightning. :)

pyoncake likes this.
  16. GabrielARC

GabrielARC Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance you can do durge from the Clone Wars? I love this mod!

17. jmlop0

jmlop0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This mod is looking extremely promising, I have no doubt that if you wanted to get more people to help you if you want this mod to be bigger, that you would get that help, maybe even some good coders, people who could give feedback on designs you might have, exedra exedra. I mean, this has potential to be a big mod, with the right help of course. Sadly, imo I don't think I could do much other than comment on the mod, but that's still something :D

18. Olkenstein

Olkenstein Intergalactic Tourist

Nope, that's what bugs me. I copied the folder to the "mods" section aswell

19. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

I've reached out to a few others, but haven't had any responses yet. I have also tried to make it clear that I welcome anyone who'd like to contribute, which I'll reiterate here. One issue is that a lot of modders have their own projects and goals, and this is on top of (for me) working full time, managing family, life, etc. When I come across someone's work who I think has done well, I'll reach out - but I also would much rather spend time working on adding to the mod than trying to build a dev team.

Either way, yeah - there's potential for a HUGE mod here - but don't expect miracles quickly. It's going to take time - there'll be a lot of changes - but work rolls on. :)

For sure. I'm going to have to familiarize myself with TOR (played both KOTOR's, but no TOR on Mac = No play for me).

Hmmmm. So you just copied the folder "StarWarsArmorMod" to the "mods" directory and nothing is showing up at the metal work station for you? And you're using the latest version of the mod?

I realize it's a basic question, but 99% of the problems folks have encountered have had to do with really, really minor issues like those.

20. arrjaytea

arrjaytea Sandwich Man

One other quick note: a couple of new sprites and a very, very early version of force lightning should be added in the next 24 hours.

Fair Warning:

The force lightning addition currently functions like a gun, but I'm not sure it will stay that way. I'd like to be able to add force powers more closely in line with the general "tech" item stuff going on, I just couldn't get that end of it going just yet.

So basically it's an overpowered gun that shoots lightning from your hands.

Still fun. :)