[STABLE UPDATE] April 25, 2014

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

2. Carryall

Carryall Big Damn Hero

I appreciate the good and bad news. I hope the near future brings accomplishment to your offices and awe to the critics.

3. Kain21

Kain21 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

4. SmugFrog

SmugFrog Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the update. <3 you guys.

5. Blitzlegion

ALRIGHT last one for the day... it was my day off and i wanted to make some mini-mods. So I made a Jet-pack mech-wing set and my own avatar head mod while i job hunted.
    THIS IS HOW EXCITED UPDATES MAKE ME!!
    [​IMG]
    Yes i made both these mods in under an hour...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    Deptor, Zouleena and Darklight like this.
  6. roadrashh

roadrashh Void-Bound Voyager

There's no apostrophe! Damn you!

7. roadrashh

roadrashh Void-Bound Voyager

Are you trying to jinx this thread or what?

8. Harasha the Avian

Harasha the Avian Void-Bound Voyager

thanks for fixing the smelting bug :)

9. braggaboom

braggaboom Intergalactic Tourist

Teach me, master.

Blitzlegion likes this.
  10. Sukinidachi

Sukinidachi Big Damn Hero

Not sure if its just for me, or maybe I just don't know what this instrument is supposed to sound like but my Hammered Dulcimer sounds very "guitarish." Just wanted to point that out incase it is a bug.
    EDIT: Okay, maybe that's how it's supposed to sound.. Nevermind. Never realized that it was basically a guitar where you hit the strings so it makes more sense rather than my initial thought of it supposed to be the instrument where you hit the pipes.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  11. oceansRising

oceansRising Pangalactic Porcupine

Yay for stable updates.

12. YeBittenDog

YeBittenDog Aquatic Astronaut

Wow. The ocean is looking beautiful! Can't wait to explore it. So curious and excited to see how boats will work! Great job guys and thanks for the update.

13. NightCat

NightCat Void-Bound Voyager

I don't wanna piss you off or anything, but 10.6 is really teetering on the brink of being completely deprecated now in terms of support. It came out 5 years ago and, although it was a very good version, things move on in Apple land at quite a pace. I haven't been keeping up with the technical aspects of it, but it may well be that adding support for 10.6 would be a giant pain without a huge number of new users coming into the fold. There are also issues with having to use less efficient calls and so on that could drag the performance of the entire game down simply to allow things to run on an OS that old. There's always the option of creating a new build path for an older version but that's extra work from the devs' point of view and, at least at this point, it just doesn't seem like it'd really pay off.

My comp is an 8 year old Mac Pro that shouldn't be able to run anything beyond 10.6, but I've been using 10.8 on it for a while now without problems by using an emulated bootloader to fool the OS into thinking the comp has a 64bit EFI chip. So, ya know, there are always options that don't involve a whole new hardware investment..

Thanks for the updates dev team, they are appreciated.

14. Blue

Blue Former Staff

So, when it comes to tracking unstable/stable changelogs, I find it confusing to figure out what was added since I played last, as I didn't play the last couple unstable builds and there isn't a changelog listed for those who just play stable anywhere as I suppose it's intended for us to go back an read the unstable ones to find out where we are now.

But for logistics sake, am I to assume all of the unstable branch updates from March 26 to April 26 are what is considered moving from Unstable to Stable in the most recent update? The name of the Koala hasn't changed on the title screen and the launcher "update page" info hasn't changed, so I'm curious if the whole unstable to stable update thing has thrown a wrench in how you guys track and label 'updates'. As the stable updates are less updates and more like, taking already pushed updates and making them avail to all in one large lump.

So... is all of this (see spoiler below) new to stable as of April 26, and was not avail previously in Stable until then?

The following list of changes was taken from Starbounder.org .

Unstable Update (March 18th, 2014)

FIXES

• Temporarily disable image.cache (was accidentally re-enabled) pending incorporation into pak files
    • Fix Lua <-> C++ conversion with maps consisting of integers
    • net_socket_test, since it no longer waits on a specific packet type, had a race condition bug (fixed)
    CONTENT

Unstable Update (April 2nd, 2014)
    Unstable Update (April 8th, 2014)

FIXES
    • Added case insensitive option to regexMatch, case sensitive by default -> updated pak_ignore file for case insensitive matching
    • Fix bug with background mods not being shadowed properly
    • Some general cleanup of StarAssets.hpp/StarMonsterDatabase.cpp/StarMonsterDatabase.hpp/StarRoot.hpp
    • Added timer to fix monster oscillation while in wander state
    • Fixed some objects (drain, midjar1, windstorm2.projectile)
    • Add /serverreload server side command, fix ImageMetadataDatabase threading crash
    • Cleaned up the build process
    • Retain script storage if retainObjectParametersInItem is set in an object
    • All directional swords should not override the arm frame, fixes back arm drawing bug
    • Don’t allow material ids out of the actual material id range (same for mods), fix skyrail ids by wrapping them to what they actually represent in the file
    • Added tileIsOccupied to the Lua Bindings
    ADDITIONS/OTHER CHANGES

• Changes to monster behaviors/skills as per this post
    • Conversion of existing monsters to .partparams, with a few exceptions
    • Some extra notes for modders provided here.

Unstable Update (April 24th, 2014)
    • Updated OSX build scripts to allow it to work with OSX 10.7+ – Please let us know if this is working for you!
    • Fixed issue where Grappling Hook sometimes causes a crash (and Climbing Rope)
    • Added new function to lua API to get item descriptor (not just name) from an entity’s hand “entityHandItemDescriptor”
    • Fix visual smelting bug
    • Made preview images flippable for asymmetric tiered doors (Violium Door, Rubium Door, and Impervium Door)
    • Fixed issue with build tests
    • 'Monster part' adjustments
    • added variables to allow Treasure Room spawning

Blitzlegion, Dagorran and Axe Garian like this.
  15. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Correct

Blue and Axe Garian like this.
  16. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

No Sweat Dev Team. This is best done the Hank Hill way... Right, not Fast. ;)

17. jhonny1451

jhonny1451 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi i have a problem with Starbound i tried to lunch it on my Mac OS X version is 10.6.8 and it said this
    Starbound cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure Starbound works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and ac OS X. can u please help me with this problem :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  18. Blitzlegion

I'll make everyone a tutorial...the game engine is very simple and clean. :)

Titanium likes this.
  19. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

I think they are only supporting 10.7 and beyond, but i'm not on staff at Chucklefish.

1nfinitezer0 likes this.
  20. zugz

zugz Space Penguin Leader

Still no changelogs on the game Steam's page. Too hard to do for the community managers, I guess.

Piccolo and Blitzlegion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.