RELEASED [Sprite] Growlithe Dog Replacement (Now with sound) + how to switch pets

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by Protanna, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Protanna

Protanna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So i saw the Meowth mod for the cat and decided to make a growlithe one really quick, I am not very good with this stuff and there may be some glitches. I made it for personal use mainly and decided to share it since there are no other ones yet, feel free to improve it since as I said i am not very good at this stuff :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot from Edge!

Growlithe sprite download

Growlithe Dog Icon

[​IMG]

Growlithe Dog Icon by Lewdicolo

SO here I have replaced the dogs bark with growlithes cry from the games there are 2 versions one for people with sound mods already which you will have to manually do or the version for people without sound mods which you will just drop into the right folder

Version for no other sound mods - download this file Growlithe Cries (Yes its a big file because all sound files are compressed into this single file) and go to stardew valley/content/xact and replace the file inside there, thats it.

Version for people with sound mods already download this file Growlithe Cries and follow Drogeans guide you will need to unpack, add these 2 sound files to where you unpacked the rebuild the project, make sure you dont have 2 of each file in the project list (There will be 710 files if you have double,this happened to me at first and caused crashes)

Started with a cat? No Problem you can edit your save file and get a dog instead of a cat here is how
    1. We need to find your saves folder so to do that lets hit the windows button and search for %appdata%, now look for the Stardew Valley folder and there will be a saves folder, there will be 1 or many folders in here depending on how many saves you have so you need to find the correct folder and enter it
    2. Now we need to edit the file there are lots of things stored in here but we will just be focusing on pets so you will need to open the file that will be named something like Name_11648278 open this file with Notepad/Notepad++ once open hit "CTRL+f" and search for "Dog" if you are replacing a dog or "Cat" if you are replacing a cat (search with the quotations) now if you want a dog edit it to "dog" and "cat" for cat and save the file.
    3. You can also Rename your pet by searching for its name with "CTRL+f" and typing a new name
    4. I also changed catperson to dogperson although it still says my favorite pet is cat I will need to sleep to see if it changes

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
      HiHaHi123, Ajajane, alenkale and 16 others like this.
    • Edge!

Edge! Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'll be using this and will report how it looks ingame shortly. By the way, it looks awesome!

Final edit: Apparently the dev forgot to add support to some of resolutions, so I can't play the game. Which means I can't see how the mod looks like. I'm sorry.
      Scratch that, now on beta my game works fine and here it is:
      [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
      • BunnyBuns

BunnyBuns Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now if only I had the dog TwT

• Protanna

I updated my post since there is a way to change your pet hope that helps

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you SO much for this! I accidentally forgot to pick dog when making my character and I've been stuck with the stupid cat, lol. Wanted to make the dog into my IRL dog but didn't know how to do this (though I figured there was a way). Now I don't have to ask! Yay!

• BunnyBuns

BunnyBuns Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ahhh Thank ya Thank ya! Theres waaaaay more you can do with the dog than the cat as much as I do love em >w<

• Edge!

By the way, could you get a sound replacement for the Growlithe sounds? Hearing it bark like a normal dog is quite strange.

• ShadowGX

ShadowGX Void-Bound Voyager

Would a Houndoom be possible (also using the above request, maybe also change the default sound to his cry perhaps)? If not, maybe Houndour? Houndoom is one of my top fav Pokemon, would switch from my current cat to dog just for that.

• Protanna

Ok I have added the sounds from the pokemon games and am uploading now :)
                    I have no plans to make a houndour or houndoom but if it happens I will add it here :)

Edge! likes this.
                    • Edge!

Heck yeah! Thanks, will test it as soon as possible.

• Misledz

Misledz 2.7182818284590...

This is a brilliant job and the first thing I tested among all the other MODs. I know this is a bit too much, but would it be too much to ask if there would be a Sylveon sprite for the cat? If not, any tips would be nice to start up :)

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey man, I havn't gotten much feedback from my guide. Can you confirm the steps worked for you and you got to hear the sounds ingame?

• Protanna

I had an issue with the files there were 710 in total not 355 so everything x2 but after I removed the duplicates it worked fine :) so yeah thanks to your guide I replaced sounds with relative ease :D
                            I don't think sylveon would fit into the sprite sheet but if you wanted to try it my only tips are find a sprite of sylveon through google so you have a rough idea how to design it and use paint.net also bare in mind it will take quite a long time to do

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
                              Misledz and Drogean like this.
                            • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

• Lewdicolo

Lewdicolo Space Hobo

I changed the dog icon in the GUI to match growlithe if anybody's interested

[​IMG]
                              [​IMG]
                              Please note that this mod uses a vanilla .png file that controls hundreds of textures. By installing this mod, you may reset other mods you've previously installed. In order to ensure that you do not unintentionally reset other texture mods you've installed, unpack your Cursors.xnb file and check the .png for any modifications. If there are existing modifications you do not want reset, you will have to crop in Growlithe's head yourself with your own photo editing software.

Download the mod here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p1ww6rhe11zqn1s/Cursors.xnb

HiHaHi123 and Edge! like this.
                              • Protanna

Nice! it looks good, I will put a link to your post above :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
                                  Edge! likes this.
                                • Edge!

I made a edit on Lewdicolo's cursors.xnb for those who want to get both Growlithe and Epona(from zhuria horse recolors) heads on the inventory screen.
                                  [​IMG]

I'll be posting the link here if anyone wants it:https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvzvefjlbiu3elg/Cursors.xnb?dl=0

It's working so far on my game, but feel free to message me if it doesn't work for yas.

pushanka, Ajajane and Zhuria like this.
                                  • congxiaodafeiji

congxiaodafeiji Space Hobo

• HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

Thank you!

• DennisFBS

DennisFBS Space Spelunker

Umm I downloaded the cursor and when it snows i see like red instead of the white tiles what can i do??