1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue spot on world that crashes me

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by pieface, Feb 9, 2017.

1. pieface

pieface Void-Bound Voyager

I was playing when I killed my self the game crashed so I reloaded it and typed /suicide which fixed me crashing on loading character but now whenever i go back to that exact spot i crash and its in the middle of my base also while doing /suicide i went on a adventure and not all my .bak don't go back far enough. It might be worth mentoning that i have frackin universe
    -pieface

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

3. pieface

here it is

edit: oops i put it up 3 times

Attached Files:

4. lazarus78

Some error with a mod. My guess is "Extended Songbook", but I don't know for sure.

5. pieface

I uninstalled everything but frackin universe, races, and music, and the avili mod but those i am a avili and i dont want to start over any other thing I could try?

Attached Files:

6. lazarus78

I think it may be an issue with that world file specifically.

7. pieface

Is there any waay to fix that?

8. lazarus78

Deleting the file and letting the game remake it.

9. pieface

which file do I delete and what will be undone from that?

10. lazarus78

The game saves world's to their own file. Deleting the file will make the game think it was never there and thus regenerate it when you go to it again. It will be as if it never existed.

In the storage/universe folder you can just sort by last modified date and delete the newest world file.

Backups are always recommended.

11. pieface

I found out that I brake all the chests and go deep under the "crash zone" and pick it up the only issue is that its a my ore chest (its a huge storage chest which doesnt work with the mod that lets you pick up chests with there items) so I brake it but my ores/bars/liquids are not in the hole but some other items don't disappear so i was wondering if there is a way to see items in chests from far because i cant get to close to it but i could just open and move the stuff to another planet without the hole method

12. pieface

turns out if got worse I got stuck but now when I type /suicide I dont go back to my ship it just says "you are already dead then i have to wait till it crashes im going to try the bandage trick and i was also wondering if i there is a way to read chests like files outside the game so i can just use /spawnitem i will just go to a new planet