1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

{SPOILER ALERT} how to beat the first boss...HEHE

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SawItComing, Dec 6, 2013.

1. SawItComing

SawItComing Aquatic Astronaut

...I think , I just broke the game [​IMG]

2. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Thats awesome haha, how did you get it encased though?

3. SawItComing

I got KILLED countless times, then , I was like building an ash bridge on the right side of my house, cause, everytime the UFO hits me, my char will be sent flying , so I then died as usual, the UFO was like flying to the right side, I respawned, beamed down and it got stucked on the ash bridge, then I lock that fella in hahahaha

4. Sisho

Sisho Void-Bound Voyager

They are making the UFO boss capable of breaking blocks soon, so that strategy will not work anymore after that.

Equilibriate likes this.
  5. SawItComing

I thought the beam is the one that can break the blocks ?? the body too ?

6. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

I just did this. Went to beta section. Hello level 20 jungle world :sneaky:

SawItComing likes this.
  7. SawItComing

Naddox, you managed to pull it off ? Hilarious as hell , right ? hahahaahahah

8. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, now I am attempting to get all this next tier stuff. How the hell do you get a processor??

9. SawItComing

what processor ?

10. Mortorojo

Mortorojo Void-Bound Voyager

Personally this is a dumb method. I worked my way up to lvl 9-10 planets came across a USMC Penal colony with lots of humans and good weapons.Then spawned the beacon and killed the thing easy, at that point it only does 10dmg a hit, and I could kill any penguins in one swing while taking a bar out of the ufo for ever hit.

11. Justown

Justown Big Damn Hero

we did the same for the Penguins and they ended up blowing themself up with the rocket launchers hitting the barriers lololol

12. Justown

Justown Big Damn Hero

the UFO breaks blocks now, so this will only be a Temp trap while you deal a little dmg, before he escapes :p

13. Cereto

Cereto Subatomic Cosmonaut

Processor drops from the second boss.

14. OobleckTheGreen

OobleckTheGreen Space Kumquat

Was pretty much my solution exactly. Though, you don't really need to encase it completely. Just block a tiny bit of the top and the opposing side.

15. OobleckTheGreen

OobleckTheGreen Space Kumquat

It's only a dumb method if you got lucky (as you did) and found really amazing weapons. I never did. When I fought this thing, it took me 7-10 hits (or so) to take one bar down. It was a LONG fight until I discovered how to block it from moving.

SawItComing likes this.
  16. SawItComing

TBH, I don't care whether is it dumb or not, I just post as a joke , anyways, you're lucky to have good spawns like these, I spawned in a planet where getting Iron ores is as rare as getting gold ores and the NPCs in the planet is tough as nails, for me to kill and loot. So yeah. Also, no one really cares how bad ass you are.

17. SawItComing

IKR ! the Tank and the Bazooka ones blew themselves up hahahaah

18. The Grand Mugwump

The Grand Mugwump Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had way too much fun with my strategy of fighting the UFO on a threat 10 world . Any monster hit by the UFO or the penguins will attempt to murder them instead of me, and the high jumping slammers will actually do a really good job of it too.