(Spoiler) Abigail's real father?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jlee100, Mar 20, 2016.

1. jlee100

jlee100 Void-Bound Voyager

It all started when the wizard told me this.[​IMG]

I was surprise because I remember Caroline told me this.(Sorry no screenshots from here on)
    "When we first moved to Pelican Town I would take secret walks to the Wizard's tower. Don't tell Pierre, he has jealousy issues. Abigail was born about a year after we moved to Pelican Town. I wonder if she'll ever experience life outside the valley?"

Like whoa!!! So I did a bit more research and here are some more things that I got from Caroline.
    "Is it just me, or does Abigail have an unhealthy interest in doom and gloom? Maybe I'm just too old to understand."
    "Abby's always had a strange interest in the occult. I'm not sure where she gets it from..."

I almost started believing that the wizard is Abby's real father because Abby's hair color is close to the Wizard's hair color. But then Caroline did mention that Abby dyes her hair and here is another dialog from Caroline.
    "Don't you think Abby would look better with her natural hair color? She used to have light chestnut-colored hair."

"Light chestnut-colored hair" Looks like a hair color closer to Pierre's. So I still believe that Abby's real father is Pierre.

I just posted this because I want to know, did Caroline cheat on Pierre? Even if Pierre is the real father that doesn't change the fact that something happened between the Wizard and Caroline. Anyway that is all. Hope I am just overthinking this and there is a more logical explanation from you guys.

Attached Files:

• Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

I thought Linus was the wizard's daughter. :p Stardew Valley has more gossips than Gossip Girl, lol. Yeah, Abby has the same hair color as Pierre but Caroline's hair is probably dye, right? She could also have the chestnut colored hair. Yeah, Abby does appear to fit the profile the most if we assume the Wizard did have a daughter.

jlee100 likes this.
      • Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

One of Abigail's trip has her stop near the tower itself.

stunvn, Eternalmyst and jlee100 like this.
        • jlee100

So many things unanswered! xD

It would really help if we know how old each villagers really are. When I first started playing the game I thought Robin, Jodi and Caroline were the same age with the bachelorettes because of there portraits but I sure was wrong.

Eternalmyst likes this.
          • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Wait wait ! Now I know why Pierre is so focused on his shop! Classic denial ! Carloine had a fling with the wizard...it all makes sense now...welp my brain is now fried rice thank you very much :p but that would also explain why Pierre has a secert stash...

Iffydust likes this.
            • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Could be Penny or Leah too, for all we know! Never know, Leah might've originally been born here but moved away real young, only to come back!

In Penny's case, she mentions that her dad ran off...but who's to say that the wizard didn't use that appearance changing thing to change his appearance away from the way that he looked before. Then again, the way she mentions it makes me think that she knew her dad at least a little, so I'm sure he wouldn't have said "i have reason to believe".

Abigail is still the most likely choice...cause I can't really see Haley being it.

It could also be Emily though, couldn't it? Just because it's "one of the locals"...doesn't mean it has to be one of the girls you can marry, right? She's got a pretty quirky personality, too...so...I dunno?

Either way, it's likely that if this IS true...and what Caroline says DOES hint at that, it's most likely that Abigail would be the one. I still think it could POTENTIALLY be Emily, though. =x

• Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

@Caudyr True but...now this is a long shot that might get me killed... What about shane? I mean...think about it.

@Dodging Rain Brain = blown...She could also be his....

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

...Didn't even consider Jas...

Where are her parents at, anyway? I don't think Marnie is one of them, is she? After all, she refers to her by name, instead of "mother", right? She's her aunt I think, isn't she? ...I don't think Shane is one of them either, since she refers to him by name as well.
                  Shane...I dunno...but he did say DAUGHTER, so unless Shane is secretly a REALLY masculine woman with a five o'clock shadow... *shudders* =p

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

And thank you for taking that bullet :p

So I'm aiming at Jas or abby tho. As for shane he's Jas's cousin and nephew to Marnie as Marine is aunty to both of them. So my guess would be...still Abby is the wizards :p

• FranklinZ

FranklinZ Astral Cartographer

Wizard‘s is the only place where people can dye hair,how interesting:p

Eternalmyst likes this.
                      • Mica

Mica Subatomic Cosmonaut

Maybe the wizard only thinks that because Abigail has her hair dyed similar to his, lol. We can't really tell if she is related to him or not. The wiz may think so, but it doesn't mean it's true.
                        But one thing is true, the reasons for him to think that way means things happened. And I doubt it's magic related.

Now I want to see an Abigail with chestnut colored hair... *looks at mods*

Caudyr and Lanx12 like this.
                        • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

It'd actually be interesting if there was a post-marriage choice where she wonders if she should go back to her original hair color, and asks for your opinion...and if you say you want to see it, she does it or something like that. =x

I'd love to see her with that, too...but I'm perfectly fine with her blue hair, as well. :3

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Is it blue or is it a dark purple...Oh yoba I'm color blind Aghhhhhh

• Indigo Rose

Indigo Rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, this would be awkward. Would kind of mess with my Player/Abby/Wizard OT3, you know...

• jlee100

Thanks for the feedback guys. Almost forgot about Pierre so I started hanging out with him, also Jas since her parents are nowhere to be found.

Pierre told me this. "Does Abigail look anything like me? Don't tell my wife, but sometimes I wonder if I'm really the father."

As for Jas. She told me this "Did you know Shane's my godfather? He was a friend of my parents... they died.*sniff*"
                                Now that's just sad :(

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Ah, so her parents are dead. ;_;

From the sounds of it then, the one that's suspected is most likely Abigail...but from what we know of her true hair color (which sounds closer to Pierre's)...it's unlikely that that's the case.

Though it's not impossible, I guess...especially since it sounds like Caroline may not exactly have been...faithful... to Pierre early on. Though it's likely deliberately worded this way to make you think it could be one way or the other.

MAYBE ABBY'S POST MARRIAGE DIALOGUE AND OTHER STUFF WILL HELP TO CLARIFY ALL OF THIS!!! Maybe. =x

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

You know I noticed when ever we start one of these consparcy theory threads on characters one of my corn stalks dies in game...Help stop the consparcy and save a corn stalk. :p And besides I bet 90 to 1 the wizards hair was chestnut brown and he had some kind of accident with the mirror...and well we know the rest...

jlee100 likes this.
                                    • Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

I was actually trying to compile a few dialogue screenshots and make a post about this, but since there's already one, here's my contribution to what someone said:

Suspicious statement is suspicious.

[​IMG]

EVERYONE in this town has issues Caroline, welcome to the ranks.

It's already been mentioned before so I'll just summarize it:

1) Pierre offhandedly wonders if Abigail is his daughter. Looks nothing like him.
                                      2) Wizard believes he has a daughter among villagers. He is not dumb. He knows how the sex-makes-baby works. Baby is not magically poofed. If he believes he has a daughter, he knows what he did.
                                      3) Abigail has purple hair (but was mentioned to be dyed, so *shrug*)
                                      4) aforementioned screenshot

That's just hinting at it though. It has nothing concrete backing it up like [highlight for spoiler] Lewis and Marnie (they are confirmed-they have a cutscene where the MC interrupts, so it's no longer just hinting).

Who knows, maybe there's a cutscene nobody has seen yet regarding this. Either way, for me, these are just amusement fuel. Speculating is fun. I have no strong feelings about any of this, but it is pretty fun to think about.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
                                        Iffydust and jlee100 like this.
                                      • ReyVer

ReyVer Void-Bound Voyager

Caroline also mentions that when they first moved there, she wasn't ready for domestic life. She said she had issues settling down. I'm just wondering what Pierre's "stash" is, that you find in a cutscene. And if it's the same thing Robin mentions finding in Sebastian's room.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
                                          Iffydust and jlee100 like this.