1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Spigot 2.8

The Infinite Liquid Generator

1. Fizzbutt

Fizzbutt Astral Cartographer

I completely understand that. I've been poking around with modding on several games for years. This one (And NMS) are so code specific, it's a brain melter for someone like me who just dabbles with texture swapping, landscaping and whatnot.

If it'd help I could post the error I'm getting? I did notice too that some of the liquids have changed names slightly in the coding.

2. Necrovore

Necrovore Pangalactic Porcupine

Sure, that could help. Actually...if it is just a name change...can you try one of the mods I list support for and see if any of those liquids work? If they do...and I'll admit I am a bit behind on if the mods have added any new liquids...then a quick revision of a few names in my naming table would fix the whole thing.

3. Fizzbutt

Here's the log file
    http://pastebin.com/Q9pHTeGj

And here's an album of what I tried.
    http://imgur.com/a/lURUS

I tried two liquids from FU, because Bees is included in it, and I tried the grey goo (Had to unpack that sucker to figure out the itemID, heh) No liquids produce an effect. You can see that the spigot and the spout both don't show wire nodes, and the error it throws, (way down at the bottom) Is something about a nil value in the configParameter field. Also, no liquid is forthcoming. :(

I really hope I can help you figure this thing out.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  4. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

Yes. that would be so wonderful. :pwease:<3

5. PikachuInTheShower

PikachuInTheShower Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, I was looking forward to this mod working in the newest Starbound release and was super sad that it wasn't working. So, I decided to fix the mod. Not to step on Necrovore's toes, but this is such a great mod, I wanted to play it NOW. :p

The number of fixes I had to make were numerous enough that I couldn't just pastebin it as changes had to be made to the Object, recipe and lua files for each. Without going to much into it, the mod works, it's just how certain things were accessed were changed.

The objects both show up in the wiring station and both work once switched on (in the same page as the drain)

If you want the mod (just replace your current Spigot folder): http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/spigot-2-8-cheerful-giraffe-fix.4322/

@Necrovore

If you want me to tell you what I changed, just let me know. Or use my mod as a template for a permanent fix. As I said, all that was changed were how stuff was accessed (Example: config.getParameter instead of entity.configParameter, which was the referenced error earlier. There are more.)

If it makes you feel any better, I accidentally flooded my base testing this out :p

Thank you for this great mod. You are awesome <3

Now, if you'll excuse me, I was in the middle of making lava traps :D Happy Starbounding everyone!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  6. Necrovore

I did leave the permissions for others to use the files, so no problem there, and I expected someone would come along if I took too long to fix it.
    Probably should get the list of changes from you, I can see if there is anything else I need to add and push it as a full release.
    Probably need to decide on an actual cost for the two items as well as taking a second look at possibly accessing the list of liquids at runtime to see if I can remove the need for my liquid list and make the mod more mod friendly.

7. PikachuInTheShower

Hey, thanks for understanding! When I was writing this up, I actually found I messed up with the recipe files (I thought they HAD to go into /wiringstation/mechanics), but turns out they work from wherever in the wiringstation folder as long as they are formatted correctly (my fix has the working versions in the /wiringstation/ directory and the spout.recipe file in the /mechanics/ is still broken). I did it that way because the MoreAlarms guy/gal did it, so whatever floats your boat.

http://pastebin.com/N7SwPFu2

Lol...guess I could pastebin it after all. When you pop the update, I'll find some way to take down my fix (Outdated flag, maybe?)

8. Necrovore

Going over the changes now, I noticed there was no change to the position setting, line 3 in the lua files. Is it correct this way, not used anymore, throwing up silent errors?

EDIT: Okay, your changes have been made to my core copy. As I am on a new computer, just need to play Starbound again to the point I can use wiring to properly test it out. Then I need to decide on a good cost to make them.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  9. PikachuInTheShower

If you want to bang through it pretty quickly, just run a local server and just spawn yourself enough manipulator modules to enable wiring (3 should suffice), a wiring station, and some liquid.

/admin
    /spawnitem wiringstation 1
    /spawnitem manipulatormodule 3
    /spawnitem spigot 1
    /spawnitem spout 1
    /admin

That's how I've been testing it.

Well, according to the starbounder.org wiki, that _should_ still be a valid command: http://starbounder.org/Modding:Lua/Tables/Entity

10. Fizzbutt

Confirming this works awesome with my Frickin' universe setup. I have to check the rest of the items but so far, my creeks are flowing wonderfully. Wiring works too!! I have yet to check and see if it is in the wiring station or whatnot(Had some in a chest for testing and things), I got too excited to come confirm it.

PikachuInTheShower likes this.
  11. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Any news on a release of an updated version of this mod, it would be nice to have the ability to replicate liquids again, I already have a spot set up for the Spigot mod it just needs the actual item to work.

12. Necrovore

Not sure at the moment, PikachuInTheShower has a patch mod a few posts back that works last I heard. When I was planning to implement the changes I came across the dev blog talking about a bit of a code overhaul in the next few patches that were probably going to break everything again, so waiting for that to hit...and to get through the Diablo event Blizz has going on... :p

13. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Sadly the other version of the Spigot mod doesn't work, I tried it, it still has the old crafting components and even if I manually change them, the mod doesn't register properly.

14. Necrovore

So the patch already hit then...ugh.

15. PikachuInTheShower

16. Necrovore

Heh, one of these days I'll start playing Starbound again and properly fix everything up, thanks for keeping things running in the meantime.

17. PikachuInTheShower

You're welcome! Honestly, your mod is my all time favorite mod. The building possibilities are endless. So, tis the least I can do, friendo.

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  18. wolf warstorm

wolf warstorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

cant find the item, it wasn't in the wiring station
    not sure whats wrong

19. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

you might have to spawn them in