1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Spawnable Item Pack - Spawn all items for free! v1.3.2.4

Spawnable Item Pack allows you to spawn thousands of items for free.

1. Christopher Schutte

Christopher Schutte Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No worries. I've come to live with it, cause I'm using the S3r1ous Mods to give a little spice to my game play. I really enjoy your mod as well as the creative mode mod that made use of the same monitor but changed the colors so it was once just a decorative item that became a modded crafter. Either way, Thank you for the creation of your mod and all the work you've put into it.

Errors4l likes this.
  2. Professor Hirm

Professor Hirm Space Hobo

virus???

Attached Files:

3. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

I think you're on the wrong forums mate.

4. Professor Hirm

Professor Hirm Space Hobo

5. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Of course not?

6. AlyksThatGuy

AlyksThatGuy Void-Bound Voyager

It seems as though since the update has come around all of the randomly generated weapons in the yarn spinner are older versions that no longer show up in the game nor do they have the new unique alternate abilities. You get a list of randomly generate pre-combat update weapons and then at the bottom of the list a bunch of NPC weapons, which seems intentional.
    EDIT: It looks like you discussed this with other people, in that case I'm going to try out the 3.31 download :>

7. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

There's two different formats for my weapon recipes.
    Regular weapons:
    Code:
    "output" : { "item" : "npcbroadsword", "count" : 1 }
    Generated weapons:
    Code:
    "output" : { "item" : "generatedsword", "count" : 1, "data" : { "definition" : "crystalspear", "level" : 10 } }
    However, these 'NPC' weapons, although not spawned in like generated weapons, are still random. That's why they can be found under the random weapon filter.
    [​IMG]

If what you're trying to tell me is that other new generated weapons are missing, would you mind giving me an example?

8. Randomdude818

Randomdude818 Void-Bound Voyager

I installed the new version, and everything is exactly the same.

9. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

You mean it works properly and lets you spawn any spawnable items in the game? :)

10. Randomdude818

Randomdude818 Void-Bound Voyager

It certainly works, but the random weapons are still crap.

11. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Saying something is crap most definitely does not help me understand what I have to change. Is this what you're referring to?

12. Hyena85

Hyena85 Big Damn Hero

ok, so im starting to play SB again and really liked your mod so trying to get it to work again. i can get the SIP 3.3 to work, but when i try to add the MMX10.0.0 file to work, it gives this error
    [​IMG]

this is how i have it placed in from what i understand is the correct way...

[​IMG]

If im wrong, please let me know how to fix it. havent been able to use the MMX since i have had this mod

thanks in advanced

13. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Like stated on the overview, you need to have the actual mod the add-on is meant for. I haven't checked if the add-on works with the latest version of MMX in Glad Giraffe, but here's the mod link: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/maverick-hunters-mmx-pleased-giraffe-stable-only.520/

14. Hyena85

Hyena85 Big Damn Hero

damn.... i feel stupid now... i have been trying to get this to work due to i thought SIP pack was the mod the addon was for.... thanks for clearing that up for me, now i shall try to do this the right way lol

15. evilmaroon

evilmaroon Big Damn Hero

Hello, to explain further as to what the previous posters are complaining about when they are talking about weapons, they are talking about the newer 2h random generated weapons with skills not being part of the mod. This is only about the randomly generated weapons and not others, though I'm guessing the randomly generated shields could be affected too. Every other category I have found to be fine and working.

Currently using 3.3.1 version, 3.3 version does not have the level thingy as what you've mentioned. Everything here could also be some malfunction of my client, which is highly improbable since I did a steam game cache verification before modding, or my computer refuses to accept your mod for some reason. I could also be using your mod very wrongly, and if so, please enlighten me.

All 1h weapons are there probably. The types are fixed for some reason I do not know, not even restarting the client changes it.
    Generated 2h weapons through the spinner do not have special abilities.
    There is only one blue broadsword available through the spinner for some reason, and several green and white melee weapons but all with the same typing after restarting client
    There are no blue ranged weapons available through the spinner, and only one green ranged weapon with several white melee weapons, all with the same typing after restarting client
    Elements to each randomly generated weapon are fixed and seem to use pre-update generation

I have also never seen any legendary 2h melee weapons, maybe because of my luck, but I have seen purple ranged weapons though.

Here is a picture of what I'm referring to, for the 3rd point
    [​IMG]

16. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Thank you for this post.
    The recipes for random weapons as of right now only spawn in the item regularly, and the game takes care of the generation. I'll have to assume active items need additional parameters to be spawned with these special abilities, because the weapons randomized without a special ability every single time you'd craft one.
    I used to base the format of these random weapons on the biome treasure pool (used for random containers in the world), but I can't find anything specific to resolve this problem. In fact, there's a lot of references to the old generation and even more comments that state '// TODO: replace old gun / sword'.

If anyone knows how to randomize alt abilities on the new weapons, please let me know.

PS. Weapon types are always fixed, the item identifiers are 'commonshortsword', 'commonaxe' and such.

Edit: After looking a bit more into active items, it seems the random weaponms have a "builder" parameter which refers to the "buildweapon.lua" script.
    This script includes a piece of code that supposedly binds an alt ability if none is found in the parameters from the list of supported alt abilities for the weapon type, which makes it even more confusing as to why this does not happen.
    Edit2: The list of altAbilities in builderConfig (which the builder script uses) for these random items is empty, meaning there are no alt abilities available in the genuinely 'random' items.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  17. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Errors4l updated Spawnable Item Pack - Spawn all items for free! with a new update entry:

Added missing items, fixed the level of old generated weapons.

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. evilmaroon

evilmaroon Big Damn Hero

Hello, I'm back again.

It appears that 3.32 has my previous problem fixed, the new weapons with abilities are there now, as different categories along with the old weapons, but they appear to not be levelled to the character.

Also, new 1h axes of the blue rarity is missing from the list of melee weapons, and instead appears in the ranged list.

There is also an obtainable purple rarity grenade launcher that is missing from the ranged list.

[​IMG]

19. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Nice catch, I must've opened the recipe for the the 'rareaxe' file by accident while doing a bulk rename on the filter name while adding the new random guns.

What do you mean by these weapons not being leveled to the character? Do you want me to see if I can apply the level 10 parameter to the new format (like the old generated weapons), so their damage is similar?

As for the missing grenade launcher, I can't seem to locate it. Do you have any other information about it?
    [​IMG]

20. evilmaroon

evilmaroon Big Damn Hero

I'm not too familiar with the coding in this game, so I'm not sure what you mean by level 10 parameter, but it would be preferable if the weapons were scaled up to the world. E.G. you find different damage values on weapons in different world threat difficulty, like how weapons in the extreme threat difficulty have similar damage to the tier 6 (impervium/cerulium/aegisalt) crafted weapons, with a somewhat randomized value of around +25%/-25%.

Each tier of weapon value seems to correspond to the 6 planet difficulties, so it's probably better to spawn equipment of similar value that correspond to the planet difficulty. This also holds true to challenge doors produced in each world, their treasure also corresponds to the planet difficulty. When the challenge door is placed and entered on the ship, it produces weapons of 0 damage.

Of course, the above is only my opinion, and this is your mod, so you could also make equipment spawn as the maximum tier, as majority of people who would use this mod usually have had completed the game already. Or that they are stuck in the somewhere in the quest line trying to find stuff like the golden ducky.

EDIT: Apparently the grenade launcher was not a procedurally generated weapon, and is placed in the normal ranged weapon category. My apologies.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016